Canned Water

adamt

I know Dasani used to sell their water in cans. To circumvent the new water rules as of 7.9, does anyone know of any brand of water that now comes in cans?

Not right off hand but I know several companies have canned SPARKLING water... flavored or not... if that's of any interest to you

If you bring water in cans, you wouldn't be circumventing any rules, as cans are allowed.

I think drinking water out of a can makes the water taste like aluminum. Personally, I would rather just preorder the 12 packs of bottles for $2.99. I'd be surprised if you could find a 12 pack of canned water for less than that anyway.

You can buy Dasani Sparkling Water in cans for $11.99 (24 cans) at Office Depot. :eek: That's enough for 2 peeps under rules (12 cans per peep referenced). And only $6.01 more than the $2.99 plastic bottles from Bon Voyage. Plus you get to carry it on board so you'll know it's there.:rolleyes:

Or you can save your $ and back and luggage cart, by just drinking the water out of the water fountains on the ship.

As far as water in cans tasting like aluminum, not so. The same technology used in beer is used in water and soft drink cans...polymer lining.

I'm pretty sure I saw it on Amazon, but I don't know why you would want to haul all that on the cruise when you could buy it and have it delivered to your room for you for $2.99.

I'll save my efforts and let Carnival do the work!

Has anyone tried the bottled water they sell? I would like to know what they think of it. Some waters can taste bad even bottled. Anyone care to share their thoughts if they tried it?

There have been several reviews lately which discuss the water. Check out Jamman54's.

Edited by jimbo5544

Has anyone tried the bottled water they sell? I would like to know what they think of it. Some waters can taste bad even bottled. Anyone care to share their thoughts if they tried it?

I ordered 4 Crystal Geyser (that was the brand shown in the picture) 1.5 liter from Bon Voyage for our May cruise. Surprise! Ice River Green was the brand delivered. I didn't think much of it until I had a sip and just did not care for it. Now Bon Voyage shows a picture of the whale tail on their Bon Voyage site and the brand is not identified. If you are sensitive to the taste of some mineral water, you may be unhappy with this brand. Wish they'd indicate what the brand is on their site.

I ordered 4 Crystal Geyser (that was the brand shown in the picture) 1.5 liter from Bon Voyage for our May cruise. Surprise! Ice River Green was the brand delivered. I didn't think much of it until I had a sip and just did not care for it. Now Bon Voyage shows a picture of the whale tail on their Bon Voyage site and the brand is not identified. If you are sensitive to the taste of some mineral water, you may be unhappy with this brand. Wish they'd indicate what the brand is on their site.

They probably just bottle the shipboard water [emoji6]