Promise I am not trying to sound like a spoiled jerk...Oasis, cabana suite holder

Hasn't made them less desirable aon Disney. If anything the price increase has made them MORE desirable - it's all about being soooooo exclusive and away from the unwashed masses of apparent 21st century steerage.

Honestly, some of the threads about them make me want to send everyone a copy of Dr. Seuss' "The Sneetches". :)

No for me it has made them less desirable. I will not pay that kind of money for a wood shed for a few hours of shade there is plenty of trees around. But I am in a GS so I'll still be exclusive and away from the unwashed masses![emoji41]

I don't want to be mean but:-

Your son is 16 and going on Oasis is that not enough of a birthday treat?

He has the rest of his life to possibly go in a cabana and by the sounds of it you still might be able to get one.

Just relax and think about the 16 year olds in the world who would like clean water to drink for their birthday.

........umm sorry but you ARE being mean. I'm sure ALL of us who are lucky enough to cruise and make our little mini rants about our vacations are quite aware there are many less fortunate than us. geez....

Edited by wolfganghowell

I understand your frustration, they've changed how they handle this a few times. There maybe Nellies Beach cabana's available. I got on one boarding day back in late April and love it. Got the same buffet lunch, just not full access to barefoot beach.

Check with the concierge when you board and you may find that a cabana has miraculously:rolleyes: become available. You really should try to relax or you won't be able to enjoy your cruise because of all your unnecessary worrying.

This is a valid point. Lots of last minute cancelations on my last cruise and there were cabanas available.

Nellie's Beach cabanas are open to all guests and can be booked at the Shore Excursions desk. I don't believe the upgraded buffet is part of the Nellie's cabana package anymore.

Officially they aren't but the first thing our cabana attendant told us was he would get us the wrist bands to go to the buffet. he wouldn't even tell us where the buffet was for the rest of the people on Nellies.

Officially they aren't but the first thing our cabana attendant told us was he would get us the wrist bands to go to the buffet. he wouldn't even tell us where the buffet was for the rest of the people on Nellies.

That's how it was for us last October on Allure. We had a beach cabana at Nellie's. Our cabana attendant told us to come with him and he would get us "the good lunch". He gave us the wristbands and walked us over to BB. I'm not sure what made it upgraded. It was good but nothing too special.

That's how it was for us last October on Allure. We had a beach cabana at Nellie's. Our cabana attendant told us to come with him and he would get us "the good lunch". He gave us the wristbands and walked us over to BB. I'm not sure what made it upgraded. It was good but nothing too special.

The regular buffet does not have the grilled steak, chicken, and seafood.

Good grief...what IS on the regular buffet? :D

A lot of garbage. We usually go back to the ship and have a real lunch. One time, and it was early, they ran out of water and only offered sweetened drink-ugh! Why anyone would stay for this is beyond me.

I thought up to now if the Allure or Oasis docks at Labadee, they are the only ship there.

I have read when other of RCI classes of ships sail to Labadee there could be two ships there.

Thanks

We are on the freedom in sept I believe we are the only ones there.

this is just crazy. tues the 14th I purchased a cabana on nellies for $295.75 through my on line cruise planner. Now they have gone up again! $320!:eek:

Last month I could of booked nellies for $225 but we're waiting to get barefoot beach then I saw $320 today for nellies. [emoji15]hopefully BB will be cheaper And also get the upgraded buffet.

How do they stop non suite guests swimming at Barefoot Beach? Is there an electric fence with guard dogs patrolling it?! [emoji33][emoji44]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is almost true. You cannot access the beach from land, the entire area is fenced off. In order to swim there you would need to leave the roped off area for regular passengers and a lifeguard will stop you.

I paid $250 in March for an over the water cabana on Barefoot Beach. Have they gone up to $320?

Don't know about BB yet my cruise is in sept waiting to talk to concierge but my cruise planner has nellies at $320.

Don't know about BB yet my cruise is in sept waiting to talk to concierge but my cruise planner has nellies at $320.

We're also sailing in September, the weeks of 9/6 and 9/13. I have a note on my calendar to email the concierge in about 3 weeks about a cabana. If they've raised the price for Nellie's, I'd be surprised if they didn't raise the prices at BB too.

Edited by jules815

I am traveling on Oasis and since we will be at Haiti on the suite holder beach I wanted a cabana. I have left various requests for weeks and emailed the concierge for help. They told me they do not normally start booking the cabana's before 2 weeks to sailing and I am 16 days away.

This morning they returned my email :D....but all the cabana's are gone :mad: How is it that I have been so on top of this and yet they are all booked when you can ONLY book a suite cabana with the concierge??

I was actually told you can only book directly with the concierge when on board the ship but thanks to ALL of you, I realized there was hope in emailing directly.

So yes, I am grateful to have a suite and I don't want to sound spoiled but a cabana was the only thing we wanted in Haiti to celebrate my son's birthday. I am bummed and also confused how did other's grab them up?

Thanks

Maggie:)

I know it won't make this all better, but as a gold card suite guest, you can still go to BB and take advantage of the beach and lunch, even if you don't get a cabana. There are plenty of beach chairs in the shade, and you can save by not paying for the cabana.