Hotels

brownie9

We are 4 women in our 60s, looking for a safe, clean place to stay at the beach in Fort Lauderdale for a few days pre cruise in January. Would like to be near restaurants and some shops. Any suggestions? :)

Brownie9

We are 4 women in our 60s, looking for a safe, clean place to stay at the beach in Fort Lauderdale for a few days pre cruise in January. Would like to be near restaurants and some shops. Any suggestions? :)

Brownie9

The Courtyard Marriott Fort Lauderdale Beach.

Or the Ritz-Carlton, The Westin, or The W Hotel.

We are staying at Homewood Suites on Griffin Road. We travel with my parents and it is nice to have a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchenette. Works out to a good price when we split it two ways. Probably even better split 4 ways! Plus M-TH they have a lite dinner buffet and they have a comp breakfast in the AM.

Are you planning on 1 or 2 rooms? If the latter, check out the Doubletree Gallery One since it has suites. I don't know your budget either but it is less expensive than the Ritz, W, etc. if that matters. It is a couple of blocks from the beach but right on the intra-coastal, has it's own water taxi stop, and is next to a nice mall and numerous restaurants.

Unfortunately I am not going on a cruise but visiting friends which is great but we don't arrive until a little after midnight... anyway I was thinking we would get a room for a few hours sleep instead of bothering our hosts for the week. Currently I am looking at Fairfield Inn & Suites but I wondered if someone possibly knew of which is closest to airport? Thanks for any help

You don't say if all 4 will be in one room but the Doubletree Gallery One has suites with 2 double beds and a sofa bed and a kitchen. It is near the mall for shopping. If you want to be right on the beach look at the B Ocean Resort in addition to those already suggested.

Keep in mind that in January it may be cold. A few years ago I was in FL in January and it was 35...let's hope that doesn't happen again.