Availability/Cost of Unlimited Internet

psygist

THE BAD NEWS: Unless you are saying that unlimited internet is a promotional offer, your TA is totally incorrect! Unlimited internet comes only with RS and above.

THE GOOD NEWS: However, if you do have unlimited internet, it is not just available in the iLounge. That would be pretty useless when you consider how often the iLounge is being used for classes. Even in a PH on an M-class ship as far aft as you can get, I was able to access the internet on my own tablet during the whole cruise.

Unlimited internet is now part of the "best" package available on most sailings after 10/2015.

• 4 weeks later...

I posted that I have unlimited internet on a forthcoming cruise, but only available in the iLounge. Views were that I was wrong, which re-assured me no end since I have no appetite for sitting in a public space using a computer older than my kids and unable to download any attachments.

Sadly, I was correct. Here's what it says on the Celebrity UK website:

"Book an Aquaclass stateroom or above on this sailing (excluding guarantee rooms) and receive a premium drinks package & US$300 onboard spending money & Unlimited Internet Package! (can only be used in the Celebrity iLounge) Offer ends 1st September 2015. Please note that your drinks package will be applied to your booking within 30 days..........................."

Boo, hiss.

Edited by Chunky2219

I posted that I have unlimited internet on a forthcoming cruise, but only available in the iLounge. Views were that I was wrong, which re-assured me no end since I have no appetite for sitting in a public space using a computer older than my kids and unable to download any attachments.

"Book an Aquaclass stateroom or above on this sailing (excluding guarantee rooms) and receive a premium drinks package & US$300 onboard spending money & Unlimited Internet Package! (can only be used in the Celebrity iLounge) Offer ends 1st September 2015. Please note that your drinks package will be applied to your booking within 30 days..........................."

Boo, hiss.

What X's website says and what actually happens are very rarely in sync. I would strongly suggest you try logging in to the Wi-Fi from somewhere outside the iLounge once you get on board and set up your account. The worst case scenario is that it doesn't work.

What X's website says and what actually happens are very rarely in sync. I would strongly suggest you try logging in to the Wi-Fi from somewhere outside the iLounge once you get on board and set up your account. The worst case scenario is that it doesn't work.

I was just about to compose a similar reply.

We've had no reports of anybody ever being restricted to using the internet in the iLounge, as far as I've seen. It's way more probable that this is another instance of the website and reality not being in sync.

As far as I've experienced, the sign-in for using either wifi with your own device or a computer in the iLounge is exactly the same.

It would be perplexing if Celebrity IT was suddenly tasked with differentiating WiFi vs iLounge-only access, given the other big hurdles they face.

I would expect the #1 onboard internet priority would be increasing band-width to support all the Go Best packages that they've been selling.

I was actually told by the head Future Cruise consultant on Equinox that Celebrity had people currently onboard our 8/1/15 cruise looking at increasing band-width.

Please report back to us after your cruise.

Jane

Boo, hiss.

You are right that it says it in writing, but you will be pleasantly surprised during your cruise. I have never experienced any limitation using my Internet minutes nor have I read about anyone being restricted during an actual cruise.

I suspect this is hard to belief since the website says the opposite. As others have said I am not sure they have the proper tools to implement such a restriction.

Enjoy your cruise and your unlimited internet wherever you can get a wireless signal.

On the GoBig, Go!Better, Go!Best promo page, one of the perks is unlimited internet access for 2. It says "Guests with Internet packages will receive instructions for internet access in their staterooms on the first day of the cruise."

It was $199 for unlimited on our Bermuda cruise last week. Good deal, used it alot. Only one device at a time. Obviously slower during peak usage times, but early mornings and late nights and on the ship during port days went quicker. Kids loved it and kept me connected with home/work. (not too much work :) )

So, does that mean that the instructions will be in the staterooms or the access will be in the staterooms? Seems as usual, Celebrity's command of simple English is lacking

I assume the instructions are in the stateroom

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I think the instructions are in the daily bulletins and most likely in the book in the stateroom. Really all you do is turn wi-fi on...click celebrity wi-fi and the internet cafe page opens up and you create an account and choose what you want.

Was able to get internet all over the ship.

It was $199 for unlimited on our Bermuda cruise last week. Good deal, used it alot. Only one device at a time. Obviously slower during peak usage times, but early mornings and late nights and on the ship during port days went quicker. Kids loved it and kept me connected with home/work. (not too much work :) )

Same here on the Summit recently. $199 with 25% discount for being Select (perk from being emerald on RCI) so $149. One device. Slow, but worked in the cabin. To use the ilounge the sign-in is the same so I don't know how they could restrict anyone to just using the lounge.

I assume the instructions are in the stateroom

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Our RS on 8/1 Equinox sailing included unlimited internet. There were instructions and a code for each passenger that was needed to associate your usernames & passwords with the unlimited internet.

Assume you would also need a code since all RSs include the internet, yet we still each needed a code.

Check to make sure imternet is activated for the proper amt of time. Mine expired a few days before the cruise end. I needed IT help (through MC Concierge) to extend. The second time it expired too early also -- about midnight the last night. Believe it's supposed to go until 7 AM the morning of debarkation. I didn't bother trying to get that fixed. Just make sure to do any airline check-ins before your internet expires. When you are logged in, it sometimes indicates how many days, hours & mins remain on your acct.

The listed rate for our 13 night cruise was $349.

ILounge staff told me it varies based on length of cruise and other factors and is subject to change. They could not give me a flyer or anything in writing because it is very subject to change in the future.

On shorter (7 night) cruises cost has usually between $199 & $229.

On longer cruises, it's up to $349. (This is from memory of what I was told)

Elite discount is 30%; Elite Plus is 35%.

Jane

Just off the Constellation and unlimited internet was $199 (less 10% discount as Captain's Club member). They said it was the "first time offered"? Sometimes slow, sometimes fast. Mostly accessed in our stateroom or on balcony. Just visited the ilounge to print boarding passes the last evening of the cruise. We, unfortunately, check emails quite frequently so we thought it was a great deal and saved us money. I could even peak at our Persian cat at home (on the kitty cam) most days. I've never been able to do that before on a cruise, so it was fast enough for that!

Same here on the Summit recently. $199 with 25% discount for being Select (perk from being emerald on RCI) so $149. One device. Slow, but worked in the cabin. To use the ilounge the sign-in is the same so I don't know how they could restrict anyone to just using the lounge.

I should qualify my post - we have a CS which included free premium drinks and free unlimited internet and had it pointed out by TA at time of booking that this is iLounge only. The blurb on the website reiterates this.

It's not rocket science to restrict an account to a hard wired terminal in a nominated location, not even for the geek-school drop-outs who seem too often to support IT on board ship.

I would fully expect anyone actually paying for a package to have it available by WiFi anywhere on ship, equally for anyone in RS or PS who get it as part of the standard package not as perk as we have.

So, I wonder if anyone has actually experienced it as a freebie add on and not been able to access by WiFi, rather than just assuming Celebrity don't know their derriere from their humerus, as usual. Failing that, I'll see how I go on in April and report back.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo

I no longer can find the Internet pricing on Celebrity's FAQ page. I had been toying with the idea of springing for $299 for a one week unlimited package (with a small discount), and now the only pricing I can find is when I log into my account - it is showing $199 for the week, the same that others have recently paid.

Has Celebrity already restructured their Internet pricing? That would change the deal/dynamics of the Go Big/Better/Best. Or am I suddenly unable to search their web page?

Has anyone singed up for the Internet Package pre-cruise and then had their Elite or Elite+ discount applied once on the ship?

Is it best to hold off purchasing until aboard to use the discount?

Jim

I don't have any first-hand experience with this particular thing, but would strongly advise you to wait until you are on the ship. I think that's the "safest" course of action.

Hope somebody else chimes in with personal experience for you.

Jane

I no longer can find the Internet pricing on Celebrity's FAQ page. I had been toying with the idea of springing for $299 for a one week unlimited package (with a small discount), and now the only pricing I can find is when I log into my account - it is showing $199 for the week, the same that others have recently paid.

Has Celebrity already restructured their Internet pricing? That would change the deal/dynamics of the Go Big/Better/Best. Or am I suddenly unable to search their web page?

On Summit in June the $299 price was struck out onboard and they charged $199.

I don't have any first-hand experience with this particular thing, but would strongly advise you to wait until you are on the ship. I think that's the "safest" course of action.

Hope somebody else chimes in with personal experience for you.

Jane

I would agree. Don't purchase pre cruise if you are Elite or above. In June they were charging $199 for unlimited and they had a promo code for a 30% discount onboard for Elite members.

On Summit in June the $299 price was struck out onboard and they charged $199.

Thank you very much. It appears that this is the current price on my upcoming Summit cruise, and according to the Captain's Club benefits we will qualify for a small discount.

It seems strange that the pricing information has disappeared from the web site, don't know how long it has been gone.

on the silhouette now and have the unlimited pkg..was $299, and based on our lowly select level, automatically receive 10% off when I bought it online( no need to hand in a coupon)....You register (if u have never done it before) simple put in ur name and room # in the window that should automatically pop up when u select the celebrity-wifi.

Have used it all around the ship on my laptop, iphone, mini Ipad and amazon tablet and no real issues. Is it super fast? no,but fast enough to surf the web and my wife actually did watch a few shows online. Pretty pleased with it..a bit pricey, but hey, thats what OBC is for,lol We are on a 2 week British Isles cruise.

Edited by flames9

With this new package, I am really curious to hear from people on board how the speed is. It's so dreadfully slow normally that I can't even imagine what it would be like with a lot more people having the unlimited package

On the Reflection I thought the speed was reasonable, although a few times it seemed slow. I had been worried based on previous posters, just like I am now, based on posts about the Summit. Are the speeds different on different ships?

Edited by soxfan2013