Advice on this itinerary

Estealvarado

We want to take a cruise leaving from Rome on either NCL or ROYAL CARRIBEAN. I have this prelimnanry itinerary need some thoughts on it . Does it sound like to much?

Our time is limited so i cannot spend allot of extra days in each city . So here it is

Coming from Orlando FL fly to paris stay in paris for 3 days

-Early morning flight from paris to venice : Remainder of the day in venice .

- Following day afternoon in venice then evening flight from venice to rome

- Overnight in rome following day board cruise in the evening

When we return from cruise we want to spend a couple extra days in rome to do some sightseeing then fly back hone from home.

*Note our time in venice seems quite short but we have been to venice before so that time is ok for us and we want a quick visit back to venice.

How does that sound? Should we change anything? Any thoughts?

I thought of doing a seperate trip just to paris later in the year but then it might be more expenaive as i would have to buy 2 sets of flights on each trip etc

You might want to consider the train from Venice to Rome. The train time is about 3 1/2 hours and it would give you a new experience. If you fly it means heading out to the Marco Polo airport about 2 1/2 hours before your flight (this is a lousy airport) and once you get to Rome you have to wait for your luggage (which can take 40 min) and then still need to spend at least a half hour on the train into Rome (or you could take a taxi). So in the end the train will be nearly as fast (if not faster) and you avoid the hassles of air travel.

Hank

- Overnight in rome following day board cruise in the evening

What time does the ship depart ??

You do realize that the port is at Civitavecchia at leat 1 hr from Rome & you will need to board the ship probably 90 min before sailaway

Other than that the plan sounds doable

You might want to consider the train from Venice to Rome. The train time is about 3 1/2 hours and it would give you a new experience. If you fly it means heading out to the Marco Polo airport about 2 1/2 hours before your flight (this is a lousy airport) and once you get to Rome you have to wait for your luggage (which can take 40 min) and then still need to spend at least a half hour on the train into Rome (or you could take a taxi). So in the end the train will be nearly as fast (if not faster) and you avoid the hassles of air travel.

Hank

I totally agree about taking the train We took trains from the Bernese Alps to Monte Carlo. You can get up and walk around, have a nice lunch, now worry about security and/or your luggage.

Thank you all so much . As far as luggage goes we want to try our very best to only pack a carry on luggage with wheels plus a purse a tote size purse to fit more things so that we can avoid having to check our luggage and save some time. Hopefully i will be able to do this we will see fingers crossed. I did think of the train and as soon as i saw it takes 3 hours i thought oh a flight will be better but maybe i should rethink the train idea.

The cruise leaves rome at 8 pm so i want to arrive the evening before wake up early maybe visit the colloseum then leave early afternoon to the port aince it does take an hour and i want to plan for possible traffic