philly to NY

hi travelers!

I have never been on a cruise from NY and am a bit nervous (obsessively). we are 12 people (8 adults and 4 kids) coming from Philly to NY to sail on the Disney Magic in October 2016. we are trying desperately to find the easiest and cheapest way to get us all there. is there a shuttle service that we can use (would something like super shuttle work)? and parking at the pier is $35/day. what would you do/suggest?

thank you

Call a local limo or bus company. There is usually one fee regardless of the number of passengers. Driving would require parking several cars which may not be much cheaper than a van/bus. I cannot imagine doing the cab/train route with all the luggage.

By the way, last September a group of 8 of us took a limo van from Chester County, Pa to Cape Liberty. Very easy both being picked up at home and also being picked up at the port for the return trip. Just be sure to give the limo company a later pick up time at the port. I think the charge was $25 for every 15 minutes if we had been late getting off the ship. But we had timed it perfectly and I would not hesitate to go that route again.

Call a local limo or bus company. There is usually one fee regardless of the number of passengers. Driving would require parking several cars which may not be much cheaper than a van/bus. I cannot imagine doing the cab/train route with all the luggage.

By the way, last September a group of 8 of us took a limo van from Chester County, Pa to Cape Liberty. Very easy both being picked up at home and also being picked up at the port for the return trip. Just be sure to give the limo company a later pick up time at the port. I think the charge was $25 for every 15 minutes if we had been late getting off the ship. But we had timed it perfectly and I would not hesitate to go that route again.

I would sure like to know the name of the limo company and/or how much it was....

Wish I could remember the amount but I can't. I just remember that the amount was very reasonable when divided by 8. I believe we used King Limo but I would call around. Sorry I can't be more specific but the person who arranged things lost her brother suddenly yesterday. Now is not a good time for me to call her.

Dave's Best maybe...though not sure if they're still going to the piers...

Rapid Rover is in NJ I think and they DO go to the piers....

I saw one other company and I am drawing a blank.

I'd suggest Amtrak but the past several days have been a DISASTER so I would NOT go up by rail on the same day....today for instance service was suspended between NY Penn and Philly I think due to catenary issues....

I did see a GO SHUTTLE from Delaware I think , picking people up from Summit a few weeks ago...

For a group of 12, (plus luggage) I'd look into renting a "Party Bus", you won't be crowded and it will make the vacation start a little earlier. You might even get a price break since you are renting it in the daytime. The downside is you'd have to pay for effectively 4 trips, since most Limos are booked from "home base" and back. OTOH you can pick up everyone at their own home (assuming you all are local to one another).

Just remembered -- friends of mine are taking a bus tomorrow from outside Philly to Cape Liberty. They have a total of 23 people (kids and adults). They are making 3 pick up stops -- one being in Bethlehem, Pa. They are using Krapf Bus Co. I do not know what they are paying.

hi travelers! I have never been on a cruise from NY and am a bit nervous (obsessively). we are 12 people (8 adults and 4 kids) coming from Philly to NY to sail on the Disney Magic in October 2016. we are trying desperately to find the easiest and cheapest way to get us all there. is there a shuttle service that we can use (would something like super shuttle work)? and parking at the pier is $35/day. what would you do/suggest?

thank you

Aloha happy traveler69 :D

Apparently, quite a few people use this company for transportation to the cruise pier from PA. http://www.transbridgelines.com/ From what I could see it looks like at least a busload of people on our cruise leaving from Cape Liberty in September.

There was also a previous post along this request in this East Coast Departures thread earlier. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236025

Aloha :D

Aloha happy traveler69 :D

Apparently, quite a few people use this company for transportation to the cruise pier from PA. http://www.transbridgelines.com/ From what I could see it looks like at least a busload of people on our cruise leaving from Cape Liberty in September.

There was also a previous post along this request in this East Coast Departures thread earlier. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2236025

Aloha :D

The OP is looking for transportation from Philadelphia. Trans-Bridge Lines doesn't offer bus service from Philadelphia to the cruise piers.

thank you for all of your responses! we all live in the same neighborhood (philly is a city of neighborhoods) so getting to a meet up spot for a bus/limo is no concern. we would consider going to Trenton, and I never thought of Bethlehem, Easton or Phillipsburg as an option!! we will look into these as well! I like the "party bus" idea!

all options will be considered!!!