First Time Celebrity & Blu

Fergusdog

I'm curious after just coming off the Silhouette if Blu ever gets boring. I mean eating in the MDR can be a good time and always fun to see and hear many people laughing it up over the course of a meal. I guess what I am saying is their is a certain energy you feel when entering the MDR and waving at to all the other tables of fellow passengers that you have met during Select Dining.

I really don't know what the fuss is all about.

We habe cruised with Celebrity a couple of times. Aqua Class since the first cruise. On every one of the cruises we went to MDR for one or two nights - NEVER a problem!

Just try and I am sure you will have no problems... otherwise all of our cruises would have been exceptions and we were just lucky ;)

OK, now I'm worried. My husband and I are in Aqua class, but our son and dil are not. Does this mean we won't be able to eat together in the MDR? I was under the assumption Blu was an option for us, not mandatory.

I have a similar question. We're booked on Summit in Aqua Class. We have friends who are considering also booking the cruise...they would be booking an oceanview cabin.

Would we be able to have them 'join us' in Blu one night? Anyone have experience inviting a non-AQ passenger to join them in Blu?

I have a similar question. We're booked on Summit in Aqua Class. We have friends who are considering also booking the cruise...they would be booking an oceanview cabin.

Would we be able to have them 'join us' in Blu one night? Anyone have experience inviting a non-AQ passenger to join them in Blu?

No, they cannot eat in Blu and this is one thing that Celebrity has strictly enforced since Blu's inception. I personally tried to take someone to Breakfast and was denied. There are numerous examples of people reporting this and even those who have tried to throw some money at the Maitre'd, all were denied.

I read somewhere that Blue has fresh-ish (pre-pakaged) OJ (I presume for both breakfast and dinner). Is this a "free" perk of Blu or do you need to have the premium beverage package or the pay a premium for the "fresh" OJ with your meals in Blu?

I read somewhere that Blue has fresh-ish (pre-pakaged) OJ (I presume for both breakfast and dinner). Is this a "free" perk of Blu or do you need to have the premium beverage package or the pay a premium for the "fresh" OJ with your meals in Blu?

Orange juice is served as a choice at breakfast. It comes as part of the Blu breakfast menu. You are correct in that it is a 'not from concentrate ' type of juice. It was not freshly squeezed on our last cruise but had been in the past.

I imagine you could ask for some juice at dinner. They aim to please.

Orange juice is served as a choice at breakfast. It comes as part of the Blu breakfast menu. You are correct in that it is a 'not from concentrate ' type of juice. It was not freshly squeezed on our last cruise but had been in the past.

I imagine you could ask for some juice at dinner. They aim to please.

I've had that "fresh" OJ before and I think it's pretty good. I realize they used to have an OJ machine in Blu, which has been replaced by this product.

But your point is that it's free at breakfasts in Blu but not elsewhere on the ship and may or may not be "free" if ordered at dinner.

I've had that "fresh" OJ before and I think it's pretty good. I realize they used to have an OJ machine in Blu, which has been replaced by this product.

But your point is that it's free at breakfasts in Blu but not elsewhere on the ship and may or may not be "free" if ordered at dinner.

I have never seen oj ordered at dinner. They are really accommodating and aim to please in Blu. As the oj is not squeezed on site, there must be a container of juice in one of the refrigerators back there. Just ask. There also was grapefruit juice at breakfast.

Why would you book and pay extra for an Aqua cabin and then eat in the MDR every night??? I prefer the MDR and we only book veranda cabins as Blu is just not our cup of tea, but if it's your assigned dining room, then I believe that's where you should eat unless of course you're going to a SR or the buffet. If most people choose to skip Blu and eat in the MDR, then the waiting times for the MDR create a whole new list of complaints.

Why would you book and pay extra for an Aqua cabin and then eat in the MDR every night??? I prefer the MDR and we only book veranda cabins as Blu is just not our cup of tea, but if it's your assigned dining room, then I believe that's where you should eat unless of course you're going to a SR or the buffet. If most people choose to skip Blu and eat in the MDR, then the waiting times for the MDR create a whole new list of complaints.

While it doesn't happen often, I've seen cruises where Aqua Class cabins are the same price or even cheaper than a standard balcony cabin. I've also seen cruises where Aqua Class cabins were only a few dollars more.

Those in Aqua Class get extra captains club points. They also get access to the Persian Gardens. These are just a few reasons why someone might opt to book the Aqua Class cabin over a regular balcony cabin.

Where would one recommend for formal night (if getting dressed up) - Blue or the MDR (and assuming the maitre d is ok with it)?

Whichever one you prefer. You'll probably find less formal wear in Blu because they don't suggest more than resort casual even on Formal nights. But from what I hear, some do dress up on formal nights in Blu if they feel like it.

The maître d' won't care where you wear your tux. :cool:

Hi,

for breakfast in Blu restaurant there is a little buffet also or only à la carte?

You order from a menu. There is no buffet.

On formal nights, people did get dressed up for dinner in Blu. Very few tux and mainly sport jackets/suits. Collared shirts are also acceptable but were in the minority.

Edited by keesar

I'm curious after just coming off the Silhouette if Blu ever gets boring. I mean eating in the MDR can be a good time and always fun to see and hear many people laughing it up over the course of a meal. I guess what I am saying is their is a certain energy you feel when entering the MDR and waving at to all the other tables of fellow passengers that you have met during Select Dining.

Aqua is all about the Spa experience which is basically relaxing and being pampered. This is why the atmosphere in Blu is appropriate. Personally I would be bored with all of that quiet. Celebrity is low key to being with

By dressed up, was that Tux, suit or sport coat mostly? Where was the Solstice itinerary? Thankx.

Last month we were in Alaska on the Solstice in Blu. On the second formal night only saw 3 or 4 men with suits, no tux. Blu was about 3/4 full. I would never take a coat or tie if we book Aqua.