Anniversary Onboard

knittinggirl

Do they do anything special for people celebrating their anniversary on the ship?

did you tell you TA? nevertheless remind the dining room/assistant dining room manager and you will receive a cake and the crew will sing their very special song to you.

In the main dining room only for the song. DH and I actually went to the PG to avoid the singing (he doesn't like to singled out) and the PG cake was beyond description. I didn't think I told the PG manager, but maybe I did when I made the booking as I wanted to make sure there would be no singing.;)

Edited by kazu

We also celebrated our anniversary on a cruise in the Pinnacle Grill and had a very nice cake. They wrapped what we didn't eat and we kept it in the refrigerator in the cabin and had it the next day. I believe I told the Pinnacle Grill manager when I made the reservation.

On our cruise in Janury, DH and I weren't planning anything, but my parents told the Front Desk it was my anniversary and on the night, the waiters brought over a cake and sang to us. The cake was a really nice chocolate mousse cake with a marzipan sculpture and some yummy whipped cream.

Before we had birthday cakes for my parents and they were chocolate cakes with chocolate filling and frosting. I prefer the anniversary mousse cake.

We also were lucky enough to be able to spend a good portion of the night dancing in the Crows' Nest alone (with just the bartenders/waiters), but I can't guarantee that will happen every time.

We did the renewal vow package and it was wonderful. Cake as well as hors d'oeuvres, and since we were the only couple they sent the rest of it to our room. Great ceremony, lots of time with the captain.

We celebrated our anniversary on board in April. We were in a Neptune suite and the concierge put balloons on our door and sent us a nice card. In the MDR that night there was a cake and the hand clapping song. It was a nice touch. I am not sure how they new but I suspect the information might have been passed on by our travelling companions.

We booked the renewal of vows package for our anniversary celebration on our April cruise. I highly recommend it and felt it was worth every penny. There was one other couple but the captain did each ceremony separately after spending time chatting with us first while we enjoyed champagne and hors d'ouerves. The ship photographer was there and we were given a choice of an 8X10 photo as well as a very nice souvenir photo album. It included dinner at the Pinnacle grill and cake.

We were on the MS Ryndam until Saturday. We had a fantastic time. We ate in the MDR every night bar one as the food was exceptional. We had a chocolate sponge and cream layer cake delivered to our table with a song. The front desk called our cabin to wish us Happy Anniversary and a Congratulaton card was also delivered to our cabin.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by luvseaair

We booked the renewal of vows package for our anniversary celebration on our April cruise. I highly recommend it and felt it was worth every penny. There was one other couple but the captain did each ceremony separately after spending time chatting with us first while we enjoyed champagne and hors d'ouerves. The ship photographer was there and we were given a choice of an 8X10 photo as well as a very nice souvenir photo album. It included dinner at the Pinnacle grill and cake.

We did this package as well, but we were the only couple on the cruise to do it, so we got extra attention. In fact, we were the only couple to do it on our ship (Maasdam) for the whole summer season!

This is very reasonably priced - you will not regret doing it.

We have celebrated several anniversaries and DH's birthday on HAL cruises.

One time the Pinnacle staff kept reminding us that someone was having a birthday soon. The actual day of DH's birthday -- nothing.

We always stay in either the PS or a Neptune Suite and no one has put balloons on the door or no one (but a friend) has sent a card for either the birthdays or anniversaries.

The cakes seem to differ by ship.