Enchantment of the Seas plague of ......

I grew up in Orlando, and my teenage summer/spring break job was working at Disney. Even decades ago, these quincinera groups were awful to serve. You could see them coming, 100+ 15 year olds in matching yellow or green tee shirts and spandex shorts, with maybe 1 or 2 adult supervisors for the entire group. The lines didn't apply to them, they would crawl over the cashier and start punching buttons into the cash register and break the computer and crash the ordering system. Dancing on tables, the screaming, etc. It was a nightmare, if you saw them coming, several cast members would call bathroom breaks and run out of the kitchen.

I can not imagine being trapped on a cruise ship w/ several of these groups, having to get around them or having to serve them.

Edited by FlyStef

Was on the same cruise. It didn't ruin our experience but I do feel large groups like this decrease the overall enjoyment of the cruise. I did not see one chaperone with these girls. Several were pushy and rude. Thinking about it now I wish I would have mentioned it in the survey I took after the cruise. I wish they would not book such large groups. I also overheard the cabin stewards talking about how dirty and messy they were leaving their rooms for the cabin stewards to clean up.

There was a group on Enchantment in Feb 2014. We were on the week before but met up with them at Universal then I heard from many posters they were on Enchantment 4 night after ours. It was another very large group even at the park it was hard to get around them I can only imagine the ship. I would agree less likely on 7 nighters.

I did a 7 day Caribbean on Adventure in June and the ship was completely full of them and like others have said they were the rudest, most disrespectful teens I've ever come across.

Probably a lot more popular on cruises leaving out of San Juan. We've never experienced these mobs on 7-night mid-summer cruises on FOS out of PC, but they're rampant on the 3 and 4 nighters.

You can google "quinceanera cruises" and see the dates and ships that companies are offering. Looks like there is a group going on the August 1st Oasis Western sailing, which is a relief to me since we ended up choosing the following week instead.

Edited by clawmachine

We've been on a few cruises where quinceanras were being celebrated but the girls had no affect on our cruise. I guess we were lucky although I have to agree, we often wondered who was supervising them.

You can google "quinceanera cruises" and see the dates and ships that companies are offering. Looks like there is a group going on the August 1st Oasis Western sailing, which is a relief to me since we ended up choosing the following week instead.

Ugh! I will never book any of the ships that allow these girls on. Currently researching trying to make sure none of these groups are on our cruise out of San Juan next week. In my research I've found a lot of cruises on carnival (seems more appropriate) but here's a couple links with Royal Caribbean ships On their lists: http://15cruises.com/events.html

http://yourquinces.com/quinceaneracruises.html

Yes,

I would think this problem is way more frequent on the

3 and four day "party sailings"

which is the summer bahamas sailing on any cruise line

On the west coast we call them the booze cruises

carnival in particular does these 3 day ensanada cruises

they are always cheap (especially for inside cabins)

not that low price and bad manners go hand in hand ( because they dont)

but it does seem to be a trend

everyone can have a different experience.

Ugh! I will never book any of the ships that allow these girls on. Currently researching trying to make sure none of these groups are on our cruise out of San Juan next week. In my research I've found a lot of cruises on carnival (seems more appropriate) but here's a couple links with Royal Caribbean ships On their lists: http://15cruises.com/events.html

http://yourquinces.com/quinceaneracruises.html

Groups of 'quinceanera cruisers' can be found on almost any cruise week; certain times of year may be more popular of course and some departure locations may have them more often, but you won't totally avoid the possibility of having a large group holding a quinceanera party for someone totally, no matter what list you may find.

You may find some cruises that the cruise line is marketing for that particular business, but you could get on a cruise and have several quincearnera groups on board that just booked themselves....and have several hundreds of girls on board.

We have been on cruises with them and some were rude and obnoxious young girls while others were absolutely wonderful.

The cruise line or a travel agent who perhaps serves that particular culture is NOT going to stop catering to those groups. Yes, there should be an adult staying in each room with girls that are younger than 18, but after that it may be impossible to impose 'behavior rules' on them.

It's not a new thing, we've seen it on Monarch for at least 5 years, and it was other months besides July.

Our first cruise on Royal was in 2002 on Empress out of San Juan. Our first encounter with the Quints. :eek:

I mentioned it heavily in the survey but I have long since stop believing that I will get a response from a survey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From personal experience I have had followup from Royal as a result of something written in a survey.....but what kind of response would you want to get from them?

I'm not sure if I am honest

RCCL are there to make money

I was really disappointed that the curfew was ignored so that at least late nights would be free from them

I'm not sure if I am honest

RCCL are there to make money

I was really disappointed that the curfew was ignored so that at least late nights would be free from them

Well at least you are straight forward enough to say that you are not sure what kind of response you want from Royal.

I don't know what kind of curfew you think there is.....IF there is one, it may be as late as 1am. I would never expect the cruise line to be very effective in enforcing a curfew even if they had one.

Just like the struggle the cruise line has with enforcing other issues on board, they don't want to offend or upset any cruiser on any matter, unless it is a 'true safety issue'.

I can actually think of 4 young ladies on that cruise that might have appeared to be Brazilian, but were actually plain old American kids with parents who were far too drunk to care what their daughters were doing. I encountered them on several occasions. I first thought they were foreign, but then heard their parents with them and realized that they are just regular entitled American teens.

There was a hotel I used stay in fairly regularly on business, and you've never known horror until you're sitting enjoying a drink or snack in the lobby and bus load (or 3) of American teenagers pour into the hotel. Some groups organise tours of Ireland/Europe for teenagers. Often they'd all have t-shirts saying they were all with such and such a choir, or a particular church.

They'd roar and scream at each other from one end of the building to the other, demanding wifi passwords, pizza, confusing the people checking them in by wanting to swap room buddies while checkin was still happening and skipping any queues and demanding their cards be updated immediately.

Before they'd even get to their rooms they'd be climbing on furniture, throwing things at each other, all the while still yelling and roaring.

The nights weren't a lot more peaceful. Woke up one morning to discover that "someone" had essentially wrapped the entire corridor in toilet paper. Obviously these kids hadn't picked up the "Do unto others..." teaching of the churches they were with.

The hotel staff were comparatively powerless. At one stage 3 boys decided to storm the already overwhelmed bar, and help themselves. All the staff could do was politely ask them to leave. Not being staff, I was able to tell the kids exactly where to go, and have a word with their chaperones.

Thankfully after a number of these incidents, that hotel started refusing American tour buses

Well at least you are straight forward enough to say that you are not sure what kind of response you want from Royal.

I don't know what kind of curfew you think there is.....IF there is one, it may be as late as 1am. I would never expect the cruise line to be very effective in enforcing a curfew even if they had one.

Just like the struggle the cruise line has with enforcing other issues on board, they don't want to offend or upset any cruiser on any matter, unless it is a 'true safety issue'.

There was a curfew posted every night in the Freedom compass. I believe it was 1AM

We had the same problem in December 2014 on the enchantment. We did the enchantment following a Disney cruise to relax a bit after the wedding, only to be over run by large groups of not only 15 year olds but huge multi generational families that liked to party HARD!

There was a hotel I used stay in fairly regularly on business, and you've never known horror until you're sitting enjoying a drink or snack in the lobby and bus load (or 3) of American teenagers pour into the hotel. Some groups organise tours of Ireland/Europe for teenagers. Often they'd all have t-shirts saying they were all with such and such a choir, or a particular church.

They'd roar and scream at each other from one end of the building to the other, demanding wifi passwords, pizza, confusing the people checking them in by wanting to swap room buddies while checkin was still happening and skipping any queues and demanding their cards be updated immediately.

Before they'd even get to their rooms they'd be climbing on furniture, throwing things at each other, all the while still yelling and roaring.

The nights weren't a lot more peaceful. Woke up one morning to discover that "someone" had essentially wrapped the entire corridor in toilet paper. Obviously these kids hadn't picked up the "Do unto others..." teaching of the churches they were with.

The hotel staff were comparatively powerless. At one stage 3 boys decided to storm the already overwhelmed bar, and help themselves. All the staff could do was politely ask them to leave. Not being staff, I was able to tell the kids exactly where to go, and have a word with their chaperones.

Thankfully after a number of these incidents, that hotel started refusing American tour buses

I just want to offer another side....not all youth groups whether affiliated with a church or synagogue or other youth activity program tolerate what you have described....and NONE should tolerate it from those on there programs...those offending children should be sent home at their parents expense.

My son ran summer youth programs for many years through our religious affiliation....the kids and their parents knew what the rules were and what would happen if they were broken....they signed a commitment letter prior to going on the trip.... it did not matter if it was in a hotel in a city in the US or a hotel in a city out of the country....home that child went. Short leash.

Having been, years ago, an American teen on a tour bus in London- I can assure you that not all American teens are that way. We had a relatively small group though. I think there were 10-12 students and probably about 4 chaperones. Our group was quiet and never stormed anyone. The only time we got super excited, and maybe a little out of hand, was when we spotted Willie Nelson in the lobby of our hotel. We all got our pictures with him. It's not like Willie's not a moving party. LOL

Other than that, our parents would have put us in our rooms under lock and key if we had not behaved properly. We were all so tired from our daily tours, that we usually came straight in after dinner and went to sleep.

I was on the cruise right after the OP. Ours was a 4 night. There were 300 Quincenera girls on ours- our waiter told us so. They took over the left half of Coco Cay beach with their pink & purple matching towels and beach totes. When we hopped the tender to go back to the ship they filled the ENTIRE tender and half of the next one. Me & my family felt like the odd ones out while they squished and squeezed on board around us. When we got to the boat they all got up first and flooded the aisles, not caring about the usual row by row dismissal. Oh well.

Aboard the ship we caught glimpses of them here and there. I stood in line for the soda machine and one of them invited 5 other of her friends to cut in front of me and one of them dropped her cup on my foot and laughed (it was not really funny to me but she did apologize thru her laughter). They wore matching hats that said "I'm in the Bahamas, Bitch" which my 8 yr old read and gave me this face :eek:.

Other than that the crew fed them at a late dinner time and a later lunch time. All of their rooms were isolated to the 4th floor and we didn't see much of them till we got off the ship. According to our Departure paper they had their own departure time- the last one. As we got off we saw them all lined up on one of the decks. We were thankful to get off before that :)

Kids!!!!!

Just returned from a 3 nighter to the Bahamas

The boat was full of Brazilian and Argentinian 15 year old girls

No curfew imposed on these rude lift hugging brats

They descended on park cafe and ice cream machines leaving them a bare mess

Not impressed at all

I symphathize completely. I have encountered these groups, and with a few exceptions, their behavior was disruptive and unpleasant. On the Oasis & Allure, with its very wide Royal Promenade, they would walk 10 across, so that no one could get around them.

To lighten the mood slightly:

I would not have minded them hugging the elevators. Perhaps you meant "hogging"? ) :D

Anyway, try writing to this lovely lady:

Aurora "Laly" Yera-Rodriguez

Director, Guest Relations & Shared Services

954-628-9313

ext. 19313

ayera-rodriguez@rccl.com

And good luck!

Was on the same cruise. You are beng very nice in your comments. These girls had no supervision.

I think they were all over Orlando that weekend. We went to Sea World on July 18 and Aquatica on the 19 and both parks were run by these girls and some boys were with them, I did not see one Adult with them. The way they were dressed put shame on them in Sea World they were wearing Short Shorts, and I mean showing more then needed to be seen. They really did not need to be wearing some of the things they were wearing for their age. Then we go to Aquatica and they had regular Bikinis' on but they pulled them up to where they looked like Thongs on, the more they pulled them up the more it would show. Not Proper for a young girl to be wearing at such a young age, Again no Adult was with them at all. I for one would not let my daughter wear something like that at that age. Just Saying.