How long will dinner take (approx) for table of 2?

Flo71

I am on anytime dining with my daughter, I should imagine we need to allow a 30 min wait when we go down but wondering how long from when we actually sit to finishing the meal?

Thanks in advance, Flo :)

I am on anytime dining with my daughter, I should imagine we need to allow a 30 min wait when we go down but wondering how long from when we actually sit to finishing the meal?

Thanks in advance, Flo :)

This all depends on how fast you eat.

Probably 45-90 mins.

I just simply tell our waiter, "we like it fast". Not trying to rush anybody, not trying to get priority over anybody else. The waiters know there are different types of passengers; I am simply telling them what type we are. We can usually get in-and-out in 45 minutes.

Edited by tetleytea

If you don't like to linger, be sure to ask the servers to bring your coffee immediately after dinner, or at least the same time as dessert. Many servers on Princess default to the British custom of not pouring the coffee until well after serving the dessert.

Edited by fishywood

Flo you didn't say if you were going to ask for a table for 2 but if so your guess of about an hour to eat is pretty good. Faster if less talking and more eating. :) We have asked for the coffee to be served during the meal and they are happy to bring it.

Flo you didn't say if you were going to ask for a table for 2 but if so your guess of about an hour to eat is pretty good. Faster if less talking and more eating. :) We have asked for the coffee to be served during the meal and they are happy to bring it.

Yes will be asking for a table for 2, it will be my teenage daughter and I. The main reason she will want to eat in the MDR will be to show off outfit before kids club evening activities.:D

I like a mixture of MDR and buffet/speciality for evening meals on a cruise so am easy to please about where we eat.

Yes will be asking for a table for 2, it will be my teenage daughter and I. The main reason she will want to eat in the MDR will be to show off outfit before kids club evening activities.:D

I like a mixture of MDR and buffet/speciality for evening meals on a cruise so am easy to please about where we eat.

And if like us if you eat earlier in the MDR then there is always the buffet later in the evening to see what you missed earlier. LOL

Just back if cruise, our meals took forever, apart from one meal all were served very slow and food of poor quality and cold. We then choose to eat in horizon as a result. We love waiter service on cruises, but princess gone downhill on this one.

Just off the Royal Princess with my granddaughter, and we always requested a table for two. We rarely had to wait, and we usually were able to eat in 45-60 minutes. If you're trying to get to a show, just mention that to your waiter and they will get you out in time. We usually ate around 7:00 pm.

We think service, timing, attention and the whole atmosphere is way better at a traditional seating. When we don't want to fit the schedule after a long day, we choose an alternate venue.

We enjoy a 90 min. dinner. But that includes a cocktail and coffee. But certainly you could ask for your courses to move quickly. If your waiter has one or two large groups, it will take longer tho.

On our 15-Day cruise last month, we had Anytime Dining. We ate most every evening meal in the MDR. We never waited to be seated, and when we asked for a table for two we got one and we completed our meal in about an hour (we were not in a hurry).

The factors involved include when you arrive at the MDR, which MDR you choose (remember one MDR is typically Anytime Dining and one is scheduled normal early seating, then Anytime after that. One MDR is typically early and late seating with no Anytime). If you ask the

Maitre 'd what your best option is to achieve your goals, he will take care of that. Dining desires of cruisers can vary from cruise to cruise and impact on what options are available. When we ate early and asked for a table for two (no reservation) we were told that we could easily have a table for two every night if we wanted. The MDR was about half full soon after opening and then very, very busy later when more folks (on our cruise) wanted to eat.

Good luck.

We also found that dinner moves faster at a table for two. We did not wait for a table on our last three cruises and we were finished with dinner in an hour. We arrived at the anytime dining room at 6:00 pm each evening.:D