Moving online booking to Travel Agent before final payment

cruisingxpert

Does anyone know how long you have, after booking a cruise online, to move the booking to a travel Agent? I didn't book with reservations or a PCC.

I've searched the forums but haven't been able to find an answer to this.

Final payment isn't until Sept 2015

Does anyone know how long you have, after booking a cruise online, to move the booking to a travel Agent? I didn't book with reservations or a PCC.

Booking online with whom? If it's an online travel agency, I don't know if you can.

My understanding is that you can move it at any time. I did mine just before final payment last time. It's a very easy process.

My PCC has told me as well that the transfer can take place any time before final payment date. You must also owe something on the reservation to be able to transfer it, a fully paid reservation, as far as I have been told, can't be transferred.

Rich

With CELEBRITY there is a 30-day limit from booking.

Our experience with HAL is it's up until final payment. We added our insurance just before the transfer so all our ducks were in a row prior to the transfer which was done 1 week before final payment and eight months after booking.

Cheers!

My understanding is that you can move it at any time. I did mine just before final payment last time. It's a very easy process.

My PCC has told me as well that the transfer can take place any time before final payment date. You must also owe something on the reservation to be able to transfer it, a fully paid reservation, as far as I have been told, can't be transferred.

Rich

Agree with Lizzie & Rich, that you can move your booking any time before final payment..

Years ago we made a booking in April for the following year.. Then we cancelled it & re-booked the same booking in late August only because we received a better price & a better cabin from a Travel Agent..

Since then we've booked with a Travel Agent..

Edited by serendipity1499

Thanks to all for your quick responses. I knew of a couple of cruise lines that had a 30 day window but couldn't find anything on HAL about how long to transfer.

As usual, HAL board has so many people willing to help answer questions - probably same questions over and over:)

Catherine

Rich

That is correct

If I may ask, why do you want to do this?

If I may ask, why do you want to do this?

Not sure I will. So far, it seems the only benefit to me is a $50 OBC from what I have searched so far. On the other hand, if I don't, I'm depriving some travel agent a commission. Being in commission sales myself, I'm very conscious of how they make their income.

Not sure I will. So far, it seems the only benefit to me is a $50 OBC from what I have searched so far. On the other hand, if I don't, I'm depriving some travel agent a commission. Being in commission sales myself, I'm very conscious of how they make their income.

I'm not criticizing, but if you feel the way you do re: commission sales, why not book with a travel agent initially?

I'm not criticizing, but if you feel the way you do re: commission sales, why not book with a travel agent initially?

I am not sure about website booking or the general reservation pool, but if you book with a PCC you get the benefit of talking to them up until you transfer, plus the initial booking is all the PCC needs to get whatever "credit" they need for performance issues (keeping their job).

Because I like control:D No one has my best interests at heart more than I do. I have found deals that my travel agent never saw. In one case I found a one day flash sale on a higher category - not HAL - and I couldn't reach my travel agent all day and the cruise line wouldn't deal with me directly. By the time the TA emailed back the next morning, it was gone.

Did you know that a Neptune Suite on the Noordam on Sept 12th is $300 pp cheaper than an SY cabin? I found that for friends who said they wanted to go to Alaska. I sent my friend the screenshot fortunately. She went to the travel agent who called HAL and got quoted $1500pp more. She showed them the screenshot and they finally found the price.

Is this more answer than you wanted to know? :)

I am not sure about website booking or the general reservation pool, but if you book with a PCC you get the benefit of talking to them up until you transfer, plus the initial booking is all the PCC needs to get whatever "credit" they need for performance issues (keeping their job).

I had a good PCC several years ago but he left and they assigned me a new person who was nice but I prefer my PCC to know more than I do. I would consider that if I knew a great PCC but I know you can't give names on CC

To add to this, our PCC told me that she still gets the "credit" as long as we do in fact take the cruise. In other words, I guess if we cancel for some reason after the transfer, then she doesn't get credit. I'm guessing the TA wouldn't either. :)

Because I like control:D No one has my best interests at heart more than I do. I have found deals that my travel agent never saw. In one case I found a one day flash sale on a higher category - not HAL - and I couldn't reach my travel agent all day and the cruise line wouldn't deal with me directly. By the time the TA emailed back the next morning, it was gone.

Did you know that a Neptune Suite on the Noordam on Sept 12th is $300 pp cheaper than an SY cabin? I found that for friends who said they wanted to go to Alaska. I sent my friend the screenshot fortunately. She went to the travel agent who called HAL and got quoted $1500pp more. She showed them the screenshot and they finally found the price.

Is this more answer than you wanted to know? :)

I like control too which is why I book direct with cruise lines and airlines.

If you book with PCC and then find lower price at TA ( before final payment) can you transfer and get the lower price?

How do you get OBC ? I see some online TA's have some listed, but others don't. Do you ask? Or do brick and mortar TAs give more OBC?

If you book with PCC and then find lower price at TA ( before final payment) can you transfer and get the lower price?

How do you get OBC ? I see some online TA's have some listed, but others don't. Do you ask? Or do brick and mortar TAs give more OBC?

OBC can come from a number of sources: as part of a HAL promo, from Carnival stock ownership, or from a travel agent. You have to shop around for the last one. Different agencies give different credits. Some agencies give you a lower fare instead of OBC. Some give both a reduced fare and OBC.

Finally, you can buy OBC on the Holland America site once you have booked.