Prinsendam: promenade?

SeaWatch

I am having trouble with the HAL site-anyone have pics of the Prinsendam?

Also, does it have a walk around promenade?

Thanks

There is a beautiful promenade around the dining room, so you can watch people eat..

The walk around deck is called the "Lower Promenade Deck," not to be confused with the "Promenade Deck" which lacks an outside walk. It is supposed to be a quarter mile all the way around. We stayed in staterooms on that deck twice & loved it, in part because of the easy access to the outside. I would stay near one of the doors to the outside in the middle part of the ship, since that gives you the best access to everything. Although one of Prinsendam's charms is that it is so small that nothing is ever really far away.

There are lots of pictures out there, try googling HAL cabin pictures

I agree with the rest, the promenade deck on this ship is very nice and one of the reasons she is one of my favourite ships :)

Here's a picture, it looks sadly like it was taken on the shady side at the narrowest point, and it's really very nice.

pdamlpdeck.jpg

I walked about 100 miles on it in May and June. The Lower Promenade deck is cabins forward, dining room aft, and the Pinnacle Grill and Ocean Bar midships.

Roy

On Deck for the Cure (a fundraiser for Komen, breast cancer research)--does HAL still host this event? It was a 5K walking the deck. I think the donation was $10.

Walked the P'dam for it years ago--the then-captain's wife was a recent survivor. We got t-shirts identifying the HAL event, pink cookies & lemonade. Great fun. (I do remember educating the MC, a very young staffer, not to call us "cancer victims"...)

Edited by sofietucker

On Deck for the Cure (a fundraiser for Komen, breast cancer research)--does HAL still host this event? It was a 5K walking the deck. I think the donation was $10.

Walked the P'dam for it years ago--the then-captain's wife was a recent survivor. We got t-shirts identifying the HAL event, pink cookies & lemonade. Great fun. (I do remember educating the MC, a very young staffer, not to call us "cancer victims"...)

That's been a while, it's now $20, with $16 going to the charities and $4 for the shirt and wrist band. Oh, and it's not the "Cure" now, it's the "Cause". HAL dropped Kohmen about 2 years ago and the benefit now goes to several agencies working with all kinds of cancer in about 6 countries.

Have a great September on the Elegant Explorer.

Roy

Oh, and it's not the "Cure" now, it's the "Cause". HAL dropped Kohmen about 2 years ago and the benefit now goes to several agencies working with all kinds of cancer in about 6 countries.

This is correct. The event is still held, but it is NOT for the Komen Foundation.

The Walk For the Cure benefits the American Cancer Society, as well as equivalent organizations in several other countries.

This is correct. The event is still held, but it is NOT for the Komen Foundation.

The Walk For the Cure benefits the American Cancer Society, as well as equivalent organizations in several other countries.

Good; thanks for letting us know.