Kids and X

kandj05

I wouldn't recommend you book a Celebrity cruise out of Florida during the spring break season - mid February to the first of April or Easter, whichever comes first.

We have sailed longer itineraries with very few children. That could be the case for any cruise line. On a repo a couple of years ago there were 15 children and three were the children of one of the officers.

Sail during the school year relevant to your itinerary and choose cruises longer than one week and you will be very comfortable on Celebrity.

We typically sail 10-14 days and we honestly hardly ever see children. We also like a more adult atmosphere. We have kids and grandkids and we love them dearly and miss them when we're gone, but on our vacations we like the Celebrity atmosphere.

Where we've seen the most kids is on 7 day cruises. Both our Alaska cruises were 7 days and there were lots on board.

I wish Celeb would be an adult only cruise line. They still do no offer what Royal Carib and others offer families. So I hope that people who travel with their children do not consider Celebrity. Leave it for those who still want a couples only holiday.

This is a very contentious topic here.

We are going in late May '16 and are hoping that it won't be over run with children. I'm assuming June, July and August would have the most children.

Well, you won't be "over run" but there were definitely children/families of all ages on our May Alaska cruise this year. Yes, people go in summer when the kids are out of school but sometimes it's not a big deal to pull the kids out of school for one week in May and just go. :)

I wish Celeb would be an adult only cruise line. They still do no offer what Royal Carib and others offer families. So I hope that people who travel with their children do not consider Celebrity. Leave it for those who still want a couples only holiday.

It's only a contentious topic by those who have never taken their children on a Celebrity cruise. My kids grew up on Celebrity and went on other cruises but always asked to go back to Celebrity. If you got your wish Celebrity would be out of business in five years. If it wasn't for families cruising on Celebrity it wouldn't be around now.

Edited by dkjretired

I was also too wondering if there would be many children on the Celebrity in June. We just came off of the Norweign Getaway and it was a lot of children, which to be expected because it was June. My husband and I were looking for a ship with very few kids but the problem is that we only can cruise in the summer because of our business:(. I have no problem with a few children and do understand it is the summber.

It would be nice to have an Adult Only cruise, even if they just start out with on ship and see how that goes! I bet you it would be packed with Adults and they would have to add more ships! I guess wishful thinking!:rolleyes:

LadyTee

It's not really terribly contentious. On one side, you have people who want Celebrity to cater to them and their desire to have no kids around, and on the other, you have people who want to take their kids on vacations, along with people who like having Celebrity as a viable business entity.

There are options if you want a true adults-only cruise. P&O has a few ships, and there's always the full-ship gay or nudist charters.

You will usually find fewer kids on port-intensive cruises like Mediterranean sailings, "boring" cruises like TA's, extended and far-flung cruises, and cruises that do not overlap with school breaks. If minimizing the number of kids on a ship is a goal, book sailings that families usually don't.

Edited by 6502programmer

My husband and I also prefer cruises with as few children as possible and find Celebrity to be pretty good. We do cruise mainly in sept though in the hope they are all back at school.

It's not,that we don't like children before I get blasted. I work in a day care nursery and just prefer to be on a cruise where there aren't too many kids.

My kids grew up on Celebrity and went on other cruises but always asked to go back to Celebrity.

Mine too. The few times we've taken them on other lines, they've always pined wistfully, saying, "I don't like how this cruise does [this]. Celebrity was better because [that]." There have only been two cases where that wasn't true: QM2's Golden Lion is a powerful draw for a five year old who likes darts (and who five years later laments every ship we're on that lacks a dart board), and NCL's positively civilized debarkation that allows you to stay in your cabin until 9:00a, instead of having mom and dad wake you up at 6:30 so you can get breakfast before they close up shop and become a waiting lounge.

There are those of us with children that don't care for all the offerings that Royal Caribbean and others have which is why we sail Celebrity.

If you don't want to be around children, the best thing to do would be to sail when school is in session. There may some, but not as many as in the summer or holidays.

Caudia - what month did you cruise Alaska? We are going in late May '16 and are hoping that it won't be over run with children. I'm assuming June, July and August would have the most children.

Both times we went it was late August into the first week of September.

It is however not a adult only line, and I am taking my 4 children on an 11 night cruise in October and then myself Andy 6 year old daughter are doing the Transatlantic. So not only have I considered celebrity, I booked and paid for it too and we will have a wonderful time no matter what. They will NOT be allowed to room the ship or press all the buttons in the lifts and they will use their manners. What I object to is that there are.people who will find whatever reason they can. yo complain about children being on board. If celebrity was an adult only line then that would not be a choice to take....But as it happens, it is family friendly. And my children cannot wait....:D

Theres enough lines/ships that are adult only as it is (At least this side of the world there is)....no need for more.

We work in education so always cruise in school holidays and while we do not have kids (yet) we prefer holidays with children and families as there are more people our age on about too (20s) and more of an atmosphere.

Trying Celebrity due to food/upscale experience so hope its not too sedate...its on Saturday so we shall see. :)

We're taking our granddaughter on our next cruise on Celebrity. We expect her to be respectful of other passengers and we expect other passengers to be respectful of her.

If she misbehaves, we'll deal it; if passengers who wish Celebrity was adults-only give her unnecessary attitude as we have heard sometimes happens, they'll have a pair of very grouchy grandparents to contend with.

We'll hang a placard around her neck so you'll know: "The kid is fine; it's the grandparents who bite". :)

We're taking our granddaughter on our next cruise on Celebrity. We expect her to be respectful of other passengers and we expect other passengers to be respectful of her.

If she misbehaves, we'll deal it; if passengers who wish Celebrity was adults-only give her unnecessary attitude as we have heard sometimes happens, they'll have a pair of very grouchy grandparents to contend with.

We'll hang a placard around her neck so you'll know: "The kid is fine; it's the grandparents who bite". :)

OMG...if I saw that placard, I would give her a high 5 after I finished giggling. Love it

We did the Med a couple years ago in July. There was a decent amount of kids, but much worse than them was a large contingent from S. America. They were noisy and extremely rude. I would rather have traveled with a thousand kids than his group. :eek:

Just cruised with Celebrity last week. Eclipse

Wanted a nice dinner at Murano and we were next to a family with 3

kids (toddler in high chair) and the other running around and screaming.

Suppose to be 12 years old to be in Murano.

We couldn't have a conversation and enjoy our dinner.

Very surprised that they don't enforce the rule that they have.

Kids should not be in restaurant or theater at night time.

I have children and grandchildren, I love kids but don't impose them

to others.

Just cruised with Celebrity last week. Eclipse

Wanted a nice dinner at Murano and we were next to a family with 3

kids (toddler in high chair) and the other running around and screaming.

Suppose to be 12 years and older to be in Murano.

We couldn't have a conversation and enjoy our dinner.

Very surprised that they don't enforce the rule that they have.

Kids should not be in restaurant or theater at night time.

I have children and grandchildren, I love kids but don't impose them

to others.