NCL and excursions

Disfan5

I wanted to ask all the NCL experts a questions about excursions.

I booked the Jade for a cruise in November, the first one out of Houston after it returns from Europe.

In Cozumel, there are only 7 excursions to choose from. Do they usually add more once it gets a little closer? I know on the NCL site, if you just search just excursions from Cozumel, 43 come up. I realize that they probably won't offer all of them, but I was surprised that they only have one beach related, and it is a speed boat, snorkel and beach combo.

So, do you think they will add some more, or will I just have to book something on my own or take a cab from the port?

Interested to know also. Maybe they will offer more onboard?

They changed the time of our cruise for St-Lucia (Breakaway nov29 Cruise) and now they offer only 3 excursions (was 17 before!) Obviously nothing interest us and I have hard time to imagine 4000 peoples with only 3 thing to do..

I go 3rd party and use http://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/Default.asp.

cheaper and faster/more efficient since groups are smaller.

(I think I'm allowed to post this since they're not a travel agency. :confused: )

Only problem is that if for example the vehicle gets a flat or you are late for the ship- you are responsible and the ship leaves without you. We have experienced people missing the ship due to an outside tour vendor arriving late at the pier.

Not worth saving a few dollars on a tour IMO. The only place we would take an outside vendor tour is if the ship has an overnight in a port- like Bermuda.

Enjoy your cruise.

We too are sailing in November to Cozumel and currently there are 38 excursions on offer quite a few of which have beach elements. There are two beach only ones which are:

Passion Island Beach Day

Cozumel, Mexico

Visit one of the most beautiful private islands in the Caribbean and enjoy an unforgettable day of relaxation away from the crowds. Board a magnificent motorized catamaran for a pleasurable sail, as you listen to joyful, tropical music and discover colorful sights on your way to Passion Island.

ADULT FROM$69

CHILD FROM$49

and

Playa Mia Deluxe Beach Break

Cozumel, Mexico

Find everything you need for a fun-filled, carefree day with family and friends at Playa Mia Grand Beach & Water Park. Enjoy the best of the Caribbean! Relax and let loose with top-notch services, facilities and exciting activities for all ages.

ADULT FROM$83

CHILD FROM$62

I've been to Cozumel many times and I can tell you from personal experience that Playa Mia is not one of the better beach clubs. If you go to the Cozumel forum on trip adviser, they will give you much better choices.

Cozumel is not very big and there are always cabs waiting at the beach clubs. I wouldn't hesitate to just do an excursion on your own.

13th cruise coming up and almost ALWAYS do our own excursions and not with the ship. Usually cheaper, longer and more up our alley. I don't want to be with 100s of people either.

Research, research and do more research. Here on CC, Tripadvisor etc. Tour complanies wouldn't have great ratings if they feeled to get back hundreds if not thousands of passengers each year. Granted, I can understand your anxiety, as I once had it too (on our first cruise). But the ships offer such limited excursions. Again, this is all in my opinion.

I have been to Cozumel 2x on a cruise and 1x for a 7 day land vacation. as stated above, very small island and you can get anywhere in a taxi.

• 1 month later...
I wanted to ask all the NCL experts a questions about excursions.

I booked the Jade for a cruise in November, the first one out of Houston after it returns from Europe.

In Cozumel, there are only 7 excursions to choose from. Do they usually add more once it gets a little closer? I know on the NCL site, if you just search just excursions from Cozumel, 43 come up. I realize that they probably won't offer all of them, but I was surprised that they only have one beach related, and it is a speed boat, snorkel and beach combo.

So, do you think they will add some more, or will I just have to book something on my own or take a cab from the port?

The full list they will offer for your cruise is usually post 90 days (or less) of departure.