Princess Shareholder Form for 2015-16

teesquaretx

Has anyone had any problems with sending the form and documentation by snail mail? I used to fax it but with our recent move to California we no longer have a land line so I can no longer fax from home. I asked my husband if he has fax at work and he said they no longer have it since they just email everything. So it is either snail mail or I take it somewhere and pay a couple of bucks to have it faxed.

Until this year I always sent in the information by snail mail and never had any problems. It just takes a little longer, but it works.

I sent my fax on Monday, for two October cruises and one in November. Two days later, it's still not showing in the Personalizer. The form says to wait seven days, so I guess I will wait until Monday to call. I'm less than 90 days out, and have made final payment, so that's not the hold-up.

I sent my fax on Monday, for two October cruises and one in November. Two days later, it's still not showing in the Personalizer. The form says to wait seven days, so I guess I will wait until Monday to call. I'm less than 90 days out, and have made final payment, so that's not the hold-up.

Hummm -- faxed mine for November this morning at 10:05 (EST) and checked personalizer at 10:30 and it was already applied! Think I would be calling to check on those (1-800-872-6779 ext 30317). They usually ask what date and time you faxed it in when you call.

In the past we have used our OBC sometimes for tips and gratuity. It appears that this is no longer possible. Am I reading the form correctly??

Like most types of Princess OBCs the SOBC is merely a credit to your shipboard account from which debits are deducted including gratuities.

Yes, that is what we have always experienced but now the form that you submit for the OBC specifically states no coverage of gratuity. Guess we'll just see what happens in a couple of months :) !

I wouldn't be concerned because in the couple of years that I have used the application form that statement has always been included but never enforced...merely a credit against any debits & nothing has changed. ;)

Hummm -- faxed mine for November this morning at 10:05 (EST) and checked personalizer at 10:30 and it was already applied! Think I would be calling to check on those (1-800-872-6779 ext 30317). They usually ask what date and time you faxed it in when you call.

Thank you for letting me know. I am going to call and I will report back.

Thank you again for the phone number and your advice. I called this morning and they said they weren't sure what happened, but to fax it again. About ten minutes later, all three cruises were updated.

Thanks Princess for my $450.00 in tax free shareholder credits.:D

The form is not needed. What I do is print my latest online statement to a PDF. I then create a short text document with just the info on the form. My print to PDF software allows me to merge the 2 documents. If you are not able to merge you can just put the info into the cover sheet as indicated below.

There are many online FAX sites that will allow you to send a few pages free. You indicate the document to attach, enter the cover sheet if desired, and then the FAX phone number. It sends it within a few minutes.

http://faxzero.com/

http://www.gotfreefax.com/

The form is not needed. What I do is print my latest online statement to a PDF. I then create a short text document with just the info on the form. My print to PDF software allows me to merge the 2 documents. If you are not able to merge you can just put the info into the cover sheet as indicated below.

There are many online FAX sites that will allow you to send a few pages free. You indicate the document to attach, enter the cover sheet if desired, and then the FAX phone number. It sends it within a few minutes.

http://faxzero.com/

http://www.gotfreefax.com/

I have a laser jet printer/copier/fax machine at home, so it wasn't a problem to just re-fax. This is good information those that don't have easy access to a fax machine.

Thank you again for the phone number and your advice. I called this morning and they said they weren't sure what happened, but to fax it again. About ten minutes later, all three cruises were updated.

You're very welcome...glad it worked! :D

• 3 weeks later...
HAL lets you obtain the shareholder OBC by email. Does Princess have an email address for this or are we restricted to fax or regular mail?

No...Princess stopped accepting email requests about a year or two ago.

The reason I've read for this change is that email was less secure than sending a fax or snail mail. Just like what documentation is required to show stock ownership, the application form shows the accepted ways to submit a request...fax or mail only.

It really depends on where steakfrites, who doesn't give their location in their profile, lives.

As Astro Flyer states, Princess USA stopped accepting e-mail applications at least couple of years back. However, folks booking from the UK need to make their application through the UK office in Southampton which still, well it did as recently as last December, accepts applications by e-mail at the address benefits@princesscruises.co.uk

I did not use the official form and simply sent the following e-mail to the above address with the relevant proof attached.

"Good morning,

Could I please apply for my Shareholder Benefits of $250 for my forthcoming cruise on Ocean Princess departing 19th December.

The details requested on the Shareholder Benefit request from are:

Booking reference: ******

Ship name: Ocean Princess

Sailing Date: 19th December 2014

Last name: ********

First name: *****

Telephone number: **********

Email address: **********

I attach a copy of my latest brokers statement clearly showing my share ownership. Could you please confirm receipt of this by email.

Kindest regards

* * ********* "

Having sent the above e-mail at 09.21, I immediately received an automated reply saying that they would get back to me within 7 days. However, at 10.49, just 88mins after sending in my application, I received the following e-mail

"Good Morning Mr *********

Thank you for your email below.

I can confirm that the shareholder benefits have been applied to your booking reference.

A new confirmation has been sent to your email to show the changes.

I hope you have a great day and a fantastic cruise!

Kind Regards

David Organ

Princess Cruises Military and Shareholder Benefits Team

100 Harbour Parade | Southampton, SO15 1ST

Fax: 02380 657 509

Phone: 0843 373 0333

E-mail: benefits@princesscruises.co.uk "

Certainly I am expecting to be able to make the claim for my forthcoming cruise by e-mail though, if I find that e-mails are no longer being accepted by the Southampton office, I will come back and post to that effect.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

You might need additional software but I am able to pull up my latest statement on line and print. For printers, I choose the PDF option (my google chrome has that at work and on 3 laptops at home). That will let you save it locally as a PDF. Then you can open the PDF and using the highlighter tool, highlight the items you don't want to share (account number, other stocks or amounts) and choose black as the highlight color. Then you can print that to a real printer and fax it in with only the info Princess cares about (CCL 100 shares).

Great tip using the PDF highlighter tool. I had been doing stuff like cutting blank pieces of paper and taping across information or using a magic marker to cover. This sounds a lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...
Great tip using the PDF highlighter tool. I had been doing stuff like cutting blank pieces of paper and taping across information or using a magic marker to cover. This sounds a lot easier.

I use a free PDF printer (http://www.primopdf.com) and a free reader called Foxit reader (https://www.foxitsoftware.com/products/pdf-reader/) for most of my PDF jobs. The reader has an option to allow you to draw on the PDF. I change the border to white and the fill color to white and make that my default. I draw a rectangle over the areas I want to hide then save the file it blocks out the information but also speeds up the sending of the fax since the machine does not have to send "bits" for the black image.

This faster send comes in handy with my equipment that I send faxes with, and I am sure the receiver appreciates it in saving ink on the other end. I use an Epson Workforce printer with fax capability through MagicJack "landline" attached to my computer. Works great but I have never been able to get MagicJack to connect to the modem on the computer properly to be able to send faxes without printing them on paper first.

• 3 weeks later...

Question: on this latest form (good til 2016), it says the form must be submitted no later than 14 days prior to sail date, and if approved, you'll receive a response in 7 days. Really?!? Have they tightened the submission date by 2 1/2 months or am I misinterpreting the language?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question: on this latest form (good til 2016), it says the form must be submitted no later than 14 days prior to sail date, and if approved, you'll receive a response in 7 days. Really?!? Have they tightened the submission date by 2 1/2 months or am I misinterpreting the language?

I think you are misreading...another way to put it...you can not submit AFTER, 14 days before your cruise. So from 90 days before to 14 before is FINE! If you are 13 days before your cruise...TOO LATE!

I think you are misreading...another way to put it...you can not submit AFTER, 14 days before your cruise. So from 90 days before to 14 before is FINE! If you are 13 days before your cruise...TOO LATE!

Thanks. I thought 14 days was an extremely small window in which to submit shareholder requests. Have marked my calendar for the 90-day mark. Appreciate it!

Thanks. I thought 14 days was an extremely small window in which to submit shareholder requests. Have marked my calendar for the 90-day mark. Appreciate it!

Note that the proof of stock ownership is not supposed to be dated as being older than 90 days before the cruise.

While I would always advise following the rules given, if you forget to submit it before the 14 days, submit anyway. I got really busy before our current trip, and forgot to get it faxed in. I faxed it in 6 days before our sail date and it was credited the same day to the account.

Again, they would have been within the rules to deny it, but I was pleased to see they accommodated my lack of planning.

• 9 months later...