Breakfast ? What do you do?

i normally go to Windjammer early and then the main dining room for part 2 when my family surface. I have not tried a third location so far.:D

Promenade Cafe' is great for 3rds. :eek::D

Edited by jules815

My husband likes to eat breakfast late, like around noon. Any hope of finding eggs and toast at that time?

Not usually. By noon, all the venues have transitioned to lunch.

Edited by clarea

We vary where we have breakfast as mentioned by the others but look for the chocolate breakfast in the MDR. It is usually toward the end of a 7 day cruise. Chocolate pastries, pancakes, shakes, etc. Yum! Not healthy but definitely fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We vary where we have breakfast as mentioned by the others but look for the chocolate breakfast in the MDR. It is usually toward the end of a 7 day cruise. Chocolate pastries, pancakes, shakes, etc. Yum! Not healthy but definitely fun.

Umm, hello? I've never been informed of this! I could eat that everyday! Is it advertised on the menu before going into the MDR?

Umm, hello? I've never been informed of this! I could eat that everyday! Is it advertised on the menu before going into the MDR?

Yes, it's on the menu. Your MDR waiter would also normally mention it as he is giving you the schedule for breakfast the next day.

We typically go to the windjammer every morning but thinking this B2B might try other options. We are Diamond Plus , So I know they sever some breakfast items in the Diamond Lounge. We also have a balcony this trip, so room service is also an option.

What's your favorite? If you want to include you favorite breakfast food choices feel free.

I love the muffins & fruit while on a cruise!

We want to be off the ship as soon as it ports, so normally that is 9 AM. I always have my swimsuit/coverup on. Last thing I want to do (plus I really am not a breakfast person) is go sit in a dining room early in the morning. We run to WJ, hubby gets a fresh omelet or something and I get fruit and the occasional egg. Works for us, then we are off the ship.

Love the WJ for breakfast. Especially love the ships that have chops/Portofino option to take your plates in there to eat if the option is available to you.

Tried the MDR, not our cup of tea. Then gave it a whirl again with the chocolate breakfast and still did not like it at all. Even tried that cooked to order suite breakfast and still, did not really care for it.

I am definitely going to give the Park cafe a try on Indy!!

Edited by Debde

Love the WJ for breakfast. Especially love the ships that have chops/Portofino option to take your plates in there to eat if the option is available to you.

Tried the MDR, not our cup of tea. Then gave it a whirl again with the chocolate breakfast and still did not like it at all. Even tried that cooked to order suite breakfast and still, did not really care for it.

I am definitely going to give the Park cafe a try on Indy!!

Sorry, no Park Cafe on Indy

MOST mornings we go to the Windjammer:

It's so much faster than waiting for a table, then waiting to be served in the MDR. Really, so much faster. We don't really enjoy being social with other people during breakfast, and it's easier to get a small table to yourself in the Windjammer. I don't know why people claim it's a problem to find things. Everything's located together; for example, if you go to the big steaming pot of oatmeal, you'll find the brown sugar and other toppings right there in the same area. If you choose pancakes, the syrup's right there next to the steamer tray. You'd have to try to miss them.

Our biggest reason to go to the buffet is that our two favorite breakfast items are ONLY available in the Windjammer: 1) eggs cooked to order right in front of you -- eggs are really best if they're fresh, and the ones in the MDR aren't, and 2) Miso soup, which is something we really only ever get on a cruise.

However, the MDR is vastly superior if you want to eat either a "bread breakfast" (French toast or pancakes) or Eggs Benedict. We probably go to the MDR twice during a typical cruise week, our intention being to get those specific things. Sometimes we go to the Chocolate Breakfast; really, it's not that special.

What we never do is order room service for breakfast. Just not our thing to eat in the room.

Edited by MrsPete

I've been trying to keep up with posts on where suite guests can have breakfast on Freedom . We used to go to Portifino's , but from what I have read, it looks like we go to Chop's now instead ! I guess we will find out for sure when we board !

That's where we had breakfast and we thoroughly enjoyed it! Enjoy that cruise!

MOST mornings we go to the Windjammer:

It's so much faster than waiting for a table, then waiting to be served in the MDR. Really, so much faster. We don't really enjoy being social with other people during breakfast, and it's easier to get a small table to yourself in the Windjammer. I don't know why people claim it's a problem to find things. Everything's located together; for example, if you go to the big steaming pot of oatmeal, you'll find the brown sugar and other toppings right there in the same area. If you choose pancakes, the syrup's right there next to the steamer tray. You'd have to try to miss them.

Our biggest reason to go to the buffet is that our two favorite breakfast items are ONLY available in the Windjammer: 1) eggs cooked to order right in front of you -- eggs are really best if they're fresh, and the ones in the MDR aren't, and 2) Miso soup, which is something we really only ever get on a cruise....

...What we never do is order room service for breakfast. Just not our thing to eat in the room.

I would agree with the above.

• 3 weeks later...

We always went in the MDR on P&O ships and found the cooked breakfast of good quality. My only gripe was cold toast. By the second week i was asking for hot toast and at first they said it wasn't possible due to the distance from the machine to the dining room. After much grumbling the waiters would fetch a plate full for our table that was covered with the plastic things they use at night. Result.

Edited by Mark-Sheffield

WJ is our favorite place for breakfast, love the fresh eggs & the muesli. Unless you go during peak times, the line for the Egg Harbour is usually not too bad, I don't think I've ever waited more than 5 min or so, if that. Sometimes on port days, we will order room service or my husband will make a run to the DL/CL & do his own room service. :D Neither one of us enjoys the MDR for breakfast, we will only go there on the last morning just to avoid the madness in the WJ.

We've tried Park Café for breakfast on several ships,each time we thought the breakfast sandwiches were dry & tasted like they had been sitting around for quite awhile. Not impressed!:D

Sherri:)

I would agree with the above.

Me too. Even as a first-time RCCL cruiser I had zero problem finding the breakfast condiments located right with whatever they are geared to accompany (syrup was right there at the section with the pancakes/waffles/french toast; oatmeal toppings were right there with the oatmeal; etc.) Because of our schedule with our runs (we did have private breakfast at our briefings with eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes of some type, fruit, toast, bagels, and some pastries - but I didn't always want that), I went with the Windjammer every morning and never felt like I was missing anything. In fact, I like the buffet setting as I can time my meal the way I like it and not be on someone else's (read: the server's) schedule.