Breakfast ? What do you do?

We typically go to the windjammer every morning but thinking this B2B might try other options. We are Diamond Plus , So I know they sever some breakfast items in the Diamond Lounge. We also have a balcony this trip, so room service is also an option.

What's your favorite? If you want to include you favorite breakfast food choices feel free.

I love the muffins & fruit while on a cruise!

Omelets in WJ

I'm pretty much bagel or muffin, cup of coffee (my sister calls me "Carb Queen")!

On my early cruises, 80s & 90s, I ate at the buffet, don't do it anymore. I have my coffee/roll first then as the buffet area clears out, I get a bowl of fruit. Being in my late 60s, trying to be "sort of" healthy my eating habits have drastically changed! :)

We typically go to the windjammer every morning but thinking this B2B might try other options. We are Diamond Plus , So I know they sever some breakfast items in the Diamond Lounge. We also have a balcony this trip, so room service is also an option.

What's your favorite? If you want to include you favorite breakfast food choices feel free.

WJ

But we love room service and eating on the balcony.

and on our upcoming trip we are going to try MD.

but we probably end up on the balcony most mornings.

Sendt fra min GT-I9295 med Tapatalk

Edited by 2time_cruiser

I try to say away from the buffet in general because my guilty pleasure are hash browns and tater tots and other such things :rolleyes:. MDR or room service if there is a balcony. Love cream cheese and lox, but that is my going out breakfast choice on land as well. Will do WJ on port days.

I have found that if they do not serve this exclusively on the line, you may ask for it while at the WJ. On our recent Adventure cruise (July 2015) they did not put out smoked salmon for breakfast until the 6th day of a 7 day cruise. I asked the person who operated the toasting machine initially and they were very happy to go in the back and make a plate.

Thank you for the tip! We loved our smoked salmon and would not have thought to request it. :)

I try to say away from the buffet in general because my guilty pleasure are hash browns and tater tots and other such things :rolleyes:. MDR or room service if there is a balcony. Love cream cheese and lox, but that is my going out breakfast choice on land as well. Will do WJ on port days.

I have to admit, seeing tater tots at breakfast was a "Huh?!?!?" moment for me. Yes, I realize that there's really no difference other than shape between them and the triangular "hash browns" like fast food restaurants sell. But tater tots have always been a lunch kind of side to me - like with a burger or hot dog. :)

Granted, it didn't stop me from eating them... :rolleyes:

Coffee and snack on the balcony from room service, then a massive bacon w/mayo on rye bread sandwich in the buffet!:D

I might even take another back to our balcony if I'm really hungry!:D

WJ in all ships except the Oasis class. On the Oasis/Allure we stay away from the WJ and frequent mostly Park Café and if need for eggs/omelets Wipeout Café and JR. On 12 nite Medit. cruises, since most tours begin at 7am, we order room service and eat on our balcony while enjoying the views.

MDR every morning.

Same here, and almost always the same thing: salmon benedict if available or salmon/cheese/mushroom omelet if not, fruit yogurt, orange juice and earl grey tea. Life's too short to not enjoy a civilized sit-down breakfast each morning. :)

I always like a cup of darjeeling tea with my breakfast, which RCI normally do stock, but on our last P&O cruise the waiters could not find any on board, well so they said !

I have a hard time finding Darjeeling anymore, so I end up bringing my own.

We have our morning coffee on our balcony then go to either the diamond lounge for a light breakfast or the MDR for a full breakfast. Really no set routine. We just decide when we wake up. If we have a Jr Suite we can make our coffee in the cabin.

On port days I like to do room service breakfast on the balcony while we're getting ready.

On sea days I prefer the MDR to the WJ, especially if the WJ is really busy. I also think the food is better in the MDR personally.

I want to try Johnny Rockets breakfast on my upcoming Allure cruise in November!

Are the specialty restaurants open for suite guests for breakfast every day or just sea or port days?

Varies by ship. Some have breakfast every day, some have no breakfast for suite guests.

Is breakfast or lunch for Suite guest in Chops extra,money or included?

Breakfast and lunch is included in the costs for the suite.

We went there all the time, breakfast is lovely, very personal service. Lunch did have a limited menu (unless its changed), 8oz steak, breast of chicken or salmon with jacket potatoes and accompanying salad.

During port days, it was closed for lunch.

This was on Indy.