Radio Station Group Cruise ~ Higher Price?

mafig

We've been on a lot of cruises but never a group cruise.

Our local radio station is advertising a group cruise that's interesting to us. It has a bus that leaves from our home town and we haven't been on a cruise in a while and dh thought he'd like to do one and not drive to the port.

However, when I do the pricing it's $285 more per person. :confused: From their website it appears the only extras are the bus and two cocktail parties.

Is this usual?

I emailed the TA running it asking why and she hasn't returned my email.:o

Probably won't.

Usually, those sorts of groups have special events...and that's why you're paying extra. Your fare pays the entertainers for their time, too. If you don't want to participate in the group, don't book as part of the group.

Edited by cb at sea

I've always suspected that the radio station takes their cut as well. Probably the on-air personalities on the trip get their fare covered by the station and/or the line.

Edited by Underwatr

I've always suspected that the radio station takes their cut as well. Probably the on-air personalities on the trip get their fare covered by the station and/or the line.

Yeah, I thought of that too.

Does it include the Gratuities as part of the pricing??

No.

Well, it sounded like fun. But I certainly won't pay $570 more for a bus and two cocktail parties.

Well, it sounded like fun. But I certainly won't pay $570 more for a bus and two cocktail parties.

You are also paying for the entertainment that is closed to the other passengers.

Edited by NMLady

You are also paying for the entertainment that is closed to the other passengers.

What entertainment? The flyer only lists two cocktail parties. I emailed the TA to ask if anything else was included and got no response.

What entertainment? The flyer only lists two cocktail parties. I emailed the TA to ask if anything else was included and got no response.

Usually radio stations provide some sort of entertainment on their cruises and it is open only to their cruisers.

Since no answer from TA can you contact someone at the radio station?

Edited by NMLady

Do they have a website for the cruise group ?

It should list what is included in the pricing

I would think it would be more than a bus trip & a couple of drinks