Tea Question

lagienomai

I was recently reading on Carnivals website about what drinks were included. I know water, lemonade, juice (which I know is just in the morning) and it stated unsweetened tea. So my question is, is all the tea unsweetened or do they have sweet tea? I am mostly a water and coffee drinker but do like a glass of sweet tea.

I thought you were talking about afternoon tea, oh well,

tea, out of the machine is some kind of instant unsweetened tea. Add 1/2 lemonade, 1/2 tea, you have an Arnold Palmer, go to the coffee stand inside the lido restaurant, get cup, put in tea bag of your choice, add hot water, let set, add honey or sugar, stir, pour over ice-and voila! iced sweet tea!

The tea meant to be drunk as iced tea is awful. Its that powdered stuff. And the lemonade is the sweetest stuff I ever tasted. Each cruise I give them both another try....once. Nope same nasty stuff. I order a Coke.

It's not the good ol' Sweet Tea of the south.

Edited by Boozebabe

I'm from the north, so I grew up on unsweetened tea made from powder and think it tastes perfectly refreshing. :D I agree that the lemonade is too sweet, which makes it perfect to mix with the tea for an Arnold Palmer. I credit Carnival for creating my addiction to Arnold Palmers. :)

The free drinks also include hot chocolate, and the morning juices are extremely sweet.

For us Southerners who are used to "real" sweet tea, the stuff on the ship is a real disappointment. Even if you add sugar (Splenda is nasty, sorry) it's still not great. Mixing it 50/50 with lemonade does make it tolerable and that is what I've done every cruise.

You would think with so many cruisers coming from the South that they would at least offer real sweet tea!:confused:

Sweet Tea in the South is not sugar added to iced tea. It is made by adding sugar to the hot brewed tea and stirring until dissolved --- then icing it. The taste is totally different!!! We do love our sweet tea.

Cruise Ship Iced Tea Recipe

(For Sweet Tea put your sweetener of choice into a mug, pour in a tiny bit of hot water, stir to dissolve, then...)

Put two tea bags into mug and fill with water.

Steep til dark.

Pour over full cup of ice.

Edited by SadieN

Sweet Tea in the South is not sugar added to iced tea. It is made by adding sugar to the hot brewed tea and stirring until dissolved --- then icing it. The taste is totally different!!! We do love our sweet tea.

^Truth

+1

I'm from Atlanta. That's how I make it. It is all about getting about a cup of sugar to dissolve in a gallon of hot tea. We just had relatives visit us from California. They could not get enough of my sweet tea.

I will agree to this as well. I usually only have one glass a day so I will get by I suppose.

I was recently reading on Carnivals website about what drinks were included. I know water, lemonade, juice (which I know is just in the morning) and it stated unsweetened tea. So my question is, is all the tea unsweetened or do they have sweet tea? I am mostly a water and coffee drinker but do like a glass of sweet tea.

I see you are from NC. I;m from SC and love my sweet tea too. No, they do not have sweet tea. The unswweet tea that they have is TERRIBLE!

I have always made my own sweet tea on board with a mug of hot water and a tea bag with a cup of ice ac some sugar.

Yeah, as a true southerner, who makes really good tea at home, the tea on board is awful. "IF" I drink it, I have to mix it Arnold Palmer style

First Cruise - Carnival Dream 2011, 7 nights

Eastern Carribean

Carnival Fantasy - 10th Anniversary Cruise to

Nassau/Freeport, 5 nights

Carnival Liberty - 7 nights with the whole family. Western Caribbean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1

I'm from Atlanta. That's how I make it. It is all about getting about a cup of sugar to dissolve in a gallon of hot tea. We just had relatives visit us from California. They could not get enough of my sweet tea.

:):DSo sweet tea can only be made in large batches and just adding sugar to brewed tea in an individual container and pouring it on ice just isn't the same thing? I guess all the sweet tea I've been drinking my whole life has been an effort in futility. I've also made iced sweet coffee the same way...me bad.

I also do as suggested make a cup of sweet ,hot tea and pour it over a glass of ice. It is much better than the iced tea they have in The dispensers.

Big tea drinker here (hot AND iced). I was curious as to what kind of tea bags they have. I usually drink Twining English Breakfast. Do they have good brands of tea bags or just generic? Might have to stash a box in my luggage....