Divina secrets that MSC don't tell you

Two 2 Tango

I pinched this off another line's site, but does anyone know little secrets about Divina such as quiet spots, best places to sit in the buffet etc. We are sailing next week so will like any information you have as it is our first time on Divina but not with MSC. We have sailed on Magnifica and Splendida.

You'll find Divina quite similar to Splendida in layout.

One thing Divina has (as does Preziosa) is an extra elevator which is almost hidden. You'll find one on either side of the ship just aft of the atrium area and before the Black Crab DR. What's different about these lift areas is that you cannot cross from one side of the ship to the other, like you would at the regular lift shafts. Hence, people tend to miss them! When walking past the recessed area there's a mirror on the wall so you don't notice the elevator door on the side. They're often referred to as "the secret elevators" and they are not clearly marked on the deck plans. You need to look very closely on the plans at decks 5, 6 and 7 to see the word 'lift' in two adjacent squares. Look to the right of 'La Caramella' on deck 6 to see exactly where it is - then follow the shaft up through the deck plan to see what cabin numbers it will service.

There is an external staircase on both the port and starboard sides aft . There is a large area on each deck where the stairs are. Our inside cabin was located near this Area and we enjoyed using this area to see what was going on outside and for sailaways and arrivals. Usually, there was no one else there. If only we had a few chaises, it would have been a perfect spot away from everyone else!

The buffet is divided into two parts, Calumet and Manitou. If you do not mind walking to the very back on Manitou, you will have the most amazing view over the back of th ship . We were always able to find seating in this area!

If your cabin is located in the aft section of the ship, using the aft elevators will take you up in between the two buffet areas.

• 10 months later...
I pinched this off another line's site, but does anyone know little secrets about Divina such as quiet spots, best places to sit in the buffet etc. We are sailing next week so will like any information you have as it is our first time on Divina but not with MSC. We have sailed on Magnifica and Splendida.

Walk all the way to the back of the buffet and there nice seating.

• 5 years later...
4 hours ago, styles27 said:

I’ve heard rumors of this “secret elevator” on Divina and found this old thread where it’s mentioned. 
I have an aft facing balcony room on the 11th deck so I’m hoping to find it lol

It’s been a long time since I’ve been on Divina, but, IIRC, it’s tucked away in an alcove towards the aft.  I used to take note of the nearest cabin number to it on our deck (once I found it lol). 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2015 at 8:28 AM, janchor said:

There is an external staircase on both the port and starboard sides aft . There is a large area on each deck where the stairs are

Here is a photo of the area mentioned above on deck 11 port-side aft.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Sushi in the disco if your thing.

Under current conditions buffet is about the first 25% of the whole area.  They don't really want you going to the back.  Enter port side, exit starboard.  Pizza right as you enter.  They have trays now.  Small bar just past pizza.  Someone on our sailing said wasted space and turn into rooms.  When we first sailed the buffet was always packed and there was much talk about it here over the years how you could not find a seat which was true then.

Bathrooms just inside from garden bar near Le Muse.

Bamboo area great place.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

It’s been a long time since I’ve been on Divina, but, IIRC, it’s tucked away in an alcove towards the aft.  I used to take note of the nearest cabin number to it on our deck (once I found it lol). 

Good advice I will do that! Does this elevator only service a few decks?

10 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Sushi in the disco if your thing.

Under current conditions buffet is about the first 25% of the whole area.  They don't really want you going to the back.  Enter port side, exit starboard.  Pizza right as you enter.  They have trays now.  Small bar just past pizza.  Someone on our sailing said wasted space and turn into rooms.  When we first sailed the buffet was always packed and there was much talk about it here over the years how you could not find a seat which was true then.

Bathrooms just inside from garden bar near Le Muse.

Bamboo area great place.

Interesting.  I.E. sushi in the disco is that in the evening when the disco is open?

Someone posted a pic of the “secret” elevator it looks familiar to me I’m pretty sure we used it on our 2019 cruise on Divina. 
DH said it looks like all the other elevators we used so how can I know for sure lol

FBFA4201-7BA5-4BB8-B1CF-C64B81332987.jpeg

17 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Interesting.  I.E. sushi in the disco is that in the evening when the disco is open?

Not sure.  When we went through most of ship first day to reconnect to what was where we saw the station.  Then at dinner one night is was an option given but not our thing.  Id have to check Dailies.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, styles27 said:

No, it covers all the cabin decks down to deck 5.  DH has a better recollection of it than I do and says it’s close to the toilets near the MDR on deck 5.  He says there’s only one and thinks it’s on the port side.  He doesn’t recognise it as being in the location in that photo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

No, it covers all the cabin decks down to deck 5.  DH has a better recollection of it than I do and says it’s close to the toilets near the MDR on deck 5.  He says there’s only one and thinks it’s on the port side.  He doesn’t recognise it as being in the location in that photo. 

There is one on both the starboard and port sides.

When we cruise with a friend who used a scooter, we were directed to the hidden elevator on the starboard side as we boarded the ship and were given the tip that those two elevators were easier for passengers on scooters to use as the restricted space to board the elevators made it difficult for those who jump the line and shove ahead of scooters to do so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

There is one on both the starboard and port sides.

I thought so!   But DH tends (usually) to have a better memory about these things than I do.  Before I posted, I actually asked him if he was sure there was only one as I have a fair memory that there was one on each side, so, thank you!   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Is this the elevator that opens right outside the YC restaurant?

No. Those are the true aft elevators that go to Le Muse. Also, only the two center elevators go to Deck 15. Same as the two center glass elevators midship are the only two that go to Deck 16. Just to the left of the Up/Down buttons is an unmarked button. Pushing that signals the system that you want to go all the way up so it sends the correct elevator.

5 hours ago, styles27 said:

sushi in the disco is that in the evening when the disco is open?

The Galaxy Restaurant is the starboard side of Deck 16 and the Galaxy Disco is port side. Great sushi and teriyaki dishes. Opens at 6PM for dinner.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, styles27 said:
4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

I thought so!   But DH tends (usually) to have a better memory about these things than I do.  Before I posted, I actually asked him if he was sure there was only one as I have a fair memory that there was one on each side, so, thank you!   

Ignore the styles 27 quote. It is an oops on my part.

The hidden elevator on the starboard side has a door (or it did have if it is no longer there) that would close off the alcove for the elevator and label the space "Crew Only."

The door is usually open for passenger use but can be turned into crew use.

• Like 2

Let's see of this helps.

Click on the below link for the Divina. Scroll down to the deck plans and pull up deck 6  deck.

In front of the Black Crab, on the port side acriss from La Caramella is an section labeled lift.

There us a similar notation on the starboard side for a lift.

The elevators in between are crew elevators.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/ships/msc-divina

3 hours ago, Homosassa said:

Let's see of this helps.

Click on the below link for the Divina. Scroll down to the deck plans and pull up deck 6  deck.

In front of the Black Crab, on the port side acriss from La Caramella is an section labeled lift.

There us a similar notation on the starboard side for a lift.

The elevators in between are crew elevators.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/cruise/ships/msc-divina

Thank you! Is it the area I highlighted in yellow on this picture? 

63F10BF8-8477-4CEF-9E80-E88AF170910F.jpeg

One other that I forgot.  The forward most elevators, the second from left will take you all way up to Top Sail pool area.

This trip the hijack worked every time unlike our first trip.  Was wondering if due to so few passengers.

• Thanks 1