Tampering with breakfast hang tag

I was simply relating our experience. We quite enjoy breakfast buffets. :)

Yes, I realize it's your experience. I wasn't confused. What I don't like is when someone asks a question and someone gives a solution like its the same thing. It's really not. Sure you like it, others don't. I know that some think celebrity is the be all and end all of cruise lines. I've done celebrity twice and its bottom of the barrel for me, even below carnival and that's a pretty low standard.

I forgot to answer this part of Dakrewser's comment and rkacruiser's follow up. They are, of course, quite right, but this hasn't been an issue as we enjoy a final breakfast aboard in the Ocean View Cafe. We try to be among the last departing the ship and a relaxed breakfast is just part of our routine.

Relaxing? AS I said after our last X cruise:

"After we got up, we quickly dressed and headed up to the Oceanview Grill (cafeteria) which was like feeding time at the zoo and where I discovered there were no half&half packets for the coffee! A steward did manage to snag me a pint of milk. There were also no saucers for the coffee cups - not sure what happened to them."

I can't blame it on the kids on our cruises, since there aren't any kids on them, but I could blame our friends that would add a dish or two to our breakfast order card - as well as two glasses of prune juice. :)

I don't like using the breakfast door hangers. I've not done a solo cruise, but travel a lot for business. I don't like advertising to everyone walking by my door that I am ordering a meal for 1 person and advertising when I expect it to arrive. I prefer to call room service even if it means a longer wait. Even when traveling with DH, I prefer not to use the door hanger, except for days when we have a very early excursion off the ship.

I don't mean to be flip, but why not order what you want for breakfast but write "2" when it asks how many people it is for? I don't think people would try to figure out why there is so little food for two people. :)

True, they might give you utensils for two, but with all the meals they serve, I don't think they would mind!

I can't blame it on the kids on our cruises, since there aren't any kids on them, but I could blame our friends that would add a dish or two to our breakfast order card - as well as two glasses of prune juice. :)

At first I thought you cruised with my sister in law. But then I realized that you had prune juice. She likes to add prunes and write in "+ whipped cream."

I don't like using the breakfast door hangers. I've not done a solo cruise, but travel a lot for business. I don't like advertising to everyone walking by my door that I am ordering a meal for 1 person and advertising when I expect it to arrive. I prefer to call room service even if it means a longer wait. Even when traveling with DH, I prefer not to use the door hanger, except for days when we have a very early excursion off the ship.

If you have creepy breakfast tag readers, squatting down and reading your morning meal order...

If you have creepy breakfast tag readers, squatting down and reading your morning meal order...

Just when you think you have read every scenario that could possibly happen on a cruise ------------:eek: Now I have to add the dreaded creepy breakfast tag snooper to my list of possibilities. :D

Never happened to us on any cruise.

But, one of things we like about Celebrity's in cabin on line system is the ability to simply order room service from our monitor.

Saves filling out the tag or calling in the order. Works like a charm. And no tampering!

Edited by iancal

Never happened to us on any cruise.

But, one of things we like about Celebrity's in cabin on line system is the ability to simply order room service from our monitor.

Saves filling out the tag or calling in the order. Works like a charm. And no tampering!

I agree. RCI has had this technology for 17 years now, starting with Voyager of the Seas on up. It seems the others would have come around by now.

Relaxing? AS I said after our last X cruise:

"After we got up, we quickly dressed and headed up to the Oceanview Grill (cafeteria) which was like feeding time at the zoo and where I discovered there were no half&half packets for the coffee! A steward did manage to snag me a pint of milk. There were also no saucers for the coffee cups - not sure what happened to them."

If you saw Sunday mornings at our house with all the kids, their spouses, grandkids and three dogs running around, you'd understand how we can find the OV relaxing! :):D

Edited by Fouremco

Regular Holland America cruises must be really boring!

I don't know. The creepy breakfast hang tag stalkers seem to make their own fun. However, and I've gone on record about this, your cruises definitely sound more fun as they steam out of Port Everglades. Most HAL cruises are pretty sedate - except for the RSVP and Irish cruises.

Now that's funny :)

My sister on the Eurodam thought it would be funny to add prunes and prune juice (multiples) to our breakfast order. She asked me the next morning how our breakfast was. I took the fun out of it for her when I told her that I love prunes and especially the juice (I do, actually).

Many moons ago, I heard Eartha Kitt tell of how she and her daughter went through the halls in a hotel swapping off the breakfast hang tags. They thought it was quite hilarious and, I might add, I think it was also. Of course, I don't know if I would appreciate it as much today.:D

Hopefully this may bring HAL more up to date by having room service menus and ordering on the tv

When I am on vacation I don't want to order electronically... and I would hate if cruise lines to to waiter with electronic devices in the MDR. :eek:

With today's technology, how can a cruise line not have an automated ordering system. Can't believe in 2015 a solution is to use a red pen

Again, I don't want an electronic system... I like to write in items not listed... no electronic will allow that, be careful what you wish for!!

With today's technology, how can a cruise line not have an automated ordering system. Can't believe in 2015 a solution is to use a red pen

I'd much rather order off the card than interactively. I'll stake my tech chops against pretty much anyone. There are some times when pen and paper is the best solution. For what it's worth, the pen doesn't have to be red.

On Celebrity or RCI you have a choice. Write your own and hang the tag on the door, phone in the order, or order on line via the monitor in your stateroom.

As another poster mentioned, RCI have only had in room on line systems for 17 years so perhaps it is still considered new fangled. Let's give HAL another few years.

Hopefully the new ship will be a little more up to date from a customer service perspective than the current ships in the HAL's fleet.

Edited by iancal

I'd much rather order off the card than interactively. I'll stake my tech chops against pretty much anyone. There are some times when pen and paper is the best solution. For what it's worth, the pen doesn't have to be red.

yup :) technology is a wonderful thing - when it works :) unless a pen runs out of ink, it rarely fails ;)