Michaels concierge email pre cruise

ade99

I received an email form a shore concierge offering to arrange our shore excursions and dinner reservations a couple of weeks ago. I have been trying to arrange a particular trip which is not book able until we board. I mentioned I would also follow it up when I receive the email from the Michael club concierge. The shore concierge called me today to say that form now we won't be receiving emails from Michael concierge. Has this changed? I was expecting an email form him so that I could arrange for extra pillows our minibar to be emptied and tea for our room.

We have received emails on all 3 cruises we have done since Michael's opened. I cannot see the logic in them not emailing....Guests see it as a welcoming touch, information can be passed re requests and Celebrity can prompt possible sails for excursions, spar treatments....

Which guests usually get emails? I have always assumed it is PH, RS, CS.

I have to be honest, if they did not automatically email me I would be emailing them re bar set up, first night dining requests....

I received an email form a shore concierge offering to arrange our shore excursions and dinner reservations a couple of weeks ago. I have been trying to arrange a particular trip which is not book able until we board. I mentioned I would also follow it up when I receive the email from the Michael club concierge. The shore concierge called me today to say that form now we won't be receiving emails from Michael concierge. Has this changed? I was expecting an email form him so that I could arrange for extra pillows our minibar to be emptied and tea for our room.

We had the same experience for our Equinox cruise last week. We received a call and emails from a shoreside concierge in Miami representing the Equinox concierge. She took care of everything; spa reservations, restaurants, etc. I wanted hair appointments on the formal nights and to go to the Tuscan Grille on the first formal too. When we arrived we were informed that the formal nights were changed but not my appointments or restaurant reservation.

We have cruised with concierges in Celebrity, Royal, NCL and Disney and having a direct communication with the concierge is important.

We depart for our Aug 8th cruise tomorrow and have been waiting to hear from Anca, as we did from Bogdan last year. I too, have a few requests and were hoping that she would get them before we arrived.

Very disappointed if this is true. This is an easy email to send.

You'll need to tell us what ship you will be in since each ship has a different e-mail address for the MC Concierge. When is your cruise? They often send you a e-mail a week prior to the cruise.

Add me to the list of potential disappointed clients if the emails stop. I don't care WHO the email comes from be it shoreside to Michaels concierge, but I don't care to take a phone call, unless I request one. It always would come when I'm not prepared, and no doubt I'd forget something or they would misunderstand.

Hopefully it's another example of shoreside not knowing shipside.

This would be a huge loss to the suite perks program in my book.

I like the automatic emails Marriott sends out. It has a menu of standard requests you just tick off what you want, and has a box for comments and adding things. Very simple, maybe X could do this to save the concierges some time.

We're on the eclipse. The email we received wa basically looking to sell you the dining options trips etc. I was more interest extra pillows etc. I also wanted to see if they could liaise with shore excursion to see if they could assist.

Does anyone have the email address for the eclipse concierge I will try to contact them directly?

Many thanks

A

I received an email from the Shoreside Concierge yesterday...we are departing on the Solstice this Friday. She told me who the Michael's Club Concierge will be, but I haven't received an email from her.

In the past, I have received emails from the Concierge on board...It's nice to speak with someone prior who will actually be onboard the ship.

This is what the Shoreside Concierge said:

My goal is to make your Celebrity experience as carefree as possible, and I am therefore happy to assist you in any way I can. It would be my pleasure to make arrangements on your behalf; no request is too big or too small. A list of my services includes, but is not limited to:

· Reserving Specialty Dining

· Assisting with Shore Excursion and Private Tours reservations

· Booking spa appointments

· Accommodating in-suite needs and special requests/celebrations

· Answering general questions regarding the ship and the destinations you will visit

Add me to the list of those extremely disappointed if this is true. We have found that the crew on board [butler, stateroom attendants, Michael's Club bar staff] appreciated the pre-cruise contact as much as the suite guests.

There is a place for a shore-side concierge service but not in the last week pre-cruise [by then you need contact with the ship]. The shore-side concierge should be available [at the latest] as soon as you have booked your suite - to assist with any issues you may have, booking pre- and post-cruise hotels/flights, etc. I have long argued that the pre-cruise stress booking through Celebrity [and, please, do not suggest using a TA - they are just not the same in the UK] means that you really need the cruise by the time it arrives.

Ideally, the shore-side concierge should even be available for booking your cruise. This would certainly be appreciated in the UK when the UK office often is the last to know when new cruises have been released [unless they also monitor Cruise Critic]!

A shore side conceirge contacts us with the above....We then contact back re bar set up, first night dining requests, pillows, shore excursion with a special request, spa appointments.....The shore based conceirge may do a few bits but then will have to email the Michael's conceirge, the butler....

The present system works so well! It is almost like adding another person in the loop for nothing. That other person may never have even been on a cruise ship, let alone know the ins and outs of each. I do understand, at present there is a chunk of each email the conceirge receives which is for the room attendant and butler, but that isn't a big issue, she just forwards it on!

This looks to me like fixing something that isn't broken!

Do you have an address for the person who contacted you? Perhaps my contact will be tomorrow, since I embark on Saturday.

Thanks!

This is the person that contacted us before the cruise.

Primrose Kuipers-Virola

Celebrity Equinox

Shoreside Concierge

conciergeprimrose@concierge.com

I don't know if she only works for the Equinox. Hope this helps. There is a phone number there too, you can also call and find out who's assigned to your cruise.

I will be really disappointed if we don't get the email from the Concierge on board the Equinox. Our sailing on 24th August will be the first CS cruise for us since Michael's Club was introduced in it's current format and this was one of the things that made us upgrade from an S2 to a CS. I've already made notes of my requests, which will all be cabin set up related. It will be interesting as to whether my requests will be granted, if it is all done through a shore side concierge. With Noro currently on board and the raised terrorist threat to Istanbul where we board, this is probably the least of my worries!! :(

I will be really disappointed if we don't get the email from the Concierge on board the Equinox. Our sailing on 24th August will be the first CS cruise for us since Michael's Club was introduced in it's current format and this was one of the things that made us upgrade from an S2 to a CS. I've already made notes of my requests, which will all be cabin set up related. It will be interesting as to whether my requests will be granted, if it is all done through a shore side concierge. With Noro currently on board and the raised terrorist threat to Istanbul where we board, this is probably the least of my worries!! :(

Very disappointed not to have received that welcome email from either the shore concierge (although I agreed that contact should be made at the point at which the balance was paid), or the Michael's Club concierge. I did send her an email, but it sounds like as they up the price of suite life, they have taken away the personal touch.

Sending these emails and/or phoning the top tier suite occupants is spotty at best.

While I did get an email from Jole prior to my cruise on Summit this past April, I got NOTHING from Bogdon in November, when I was in the PH. No one met me as I was checking in either.

So, will I miss it, if this is true? How can one miss something they don't get on a regular basis???

Besides, I have the contact info for the shoreside concierge desk, and can contact them as my next top-tier suite cruise approaches.... You can bet that I will NOT be waiting for THEM to contact ME....

We all know that Celebrity's IT department is not the best. Last year we didn't receive an email from the MC concierge on the Reflection. I emailed him myself with everything that I needed. He was wonderful.

This year the shoreside concierge called my brother. He is my emergency contact. Still trying to figure out how they didn't have our correct emails or phone numbers. Although Primrose tried to help me with my requests (two hair appointments on formal nights and one reservation at the Tuscan Grill on the first formal), having someone in the middle didn't help. The first formal night was changed but my reservation and appointments were not. As soon as we boarded we were told of the changes but there was not too much that the concierge could do.

Hope you enjoy the Equinox.

This is the person that contacted us before the cruise.

Primrose Kuipers-Virola

Celebrity Equinox

Shoreside Concierge

conciergeprimrose@concierge.com

I don't know if she only works for the Equinox. Hope this helps. There is a phone number there too, you can also call and find out who's assigned to your cruise.

Interesting that an "800" number is not given. Area Code 316 is WICHITA, KANSAS - a long way from either coast. The old system seemed to work just great.

Odd that they may have changed it and upset so many suite guests. Hopefully they will realize that a personal contact from the onboard Michael's Club Concierge

is much more important than a shoreside call from someone you will never meet.

Mike and Mary

Interesting that an "800" number is not given. Area Code 316 is WICHITA, KANSAS - a long way from either coast. The old system seemed to work just great.

Odd that they may have changed it and upset so many suite guests. Hopefully they will realize that a personal contact from the onboard Michael's Club Concierge

is much more important than a shoreside call from someone you will never meet.

Mike and Mary

I wholeheartedly agree.

Bogdon is now on a special list of mine....

Sending these emails and/or phoning the top tier suite occupants is spotty at best.

While I did get an email from Jole prior to my cruise on Summit this past April, I got NOTHING from Bogdon in November, when I was in the PH. No one met me as I was checking in either.

So, will I miss it, if this is true? How can one miss something they don't get on a regular basis???

Besides, I have the contact info for the shoreside concierge desk, and can contact them as my next top-tier suite cruise approaches.... You can bet that I will NOT be waiting for THEM to contact ME....

Glad we didn't wait for Bogdan to contact us before the Eclipse TA this past Spring....cause it never came....we were in a CS and I "assumed" only RS & PH were getting these emails.....apparently not.....wonder how they decide who gets a call and who doesn't..........

Add us to the list of those who will miss the email from the Michael's Club Concierge. It would be nice if the official Celebrity Rep would post information on the loss of this personal touch.

It would also be nice if the Celebrity representative would try to explain why this is so hit or miss WHEN the emails do get sent....

I actually tried to connect with the concierge on Eclipse before our TA sailing and X flat out refused to either provide an email address OR send an email for me. I was attempting to arrange a dinner for 30 at Qsine....you would think there would have been some interest in helping me.....:eek:

Hi,

We will be on the Summit this Sunday. I received both telephone calls and emails from the Celebrity Shoreside concierge two weeks prior to the sailing. It seems it is a relatively new program, where they have one shoreside concierge assigned to each Celebrity ship to handle all of your prereservation needs and suite requests for the higher tier suites.

We were able to arrange dinner for 18 people in Qsine in advance and receive written confirmation. She was very helpful. It seems that the Michael's Club concierges were on at least some voyages being overwhelmed by respondig to upcoming passenger requests, while trying to enhance the actual experience of the guests currently on the sailing.

On Summit, the email address that is current as of this week is

ConciergeTanji@celebrity.com

and her telephone number is 316-554-5604

We have had three Celebrity cruises this year before the shoreside program initiation this summer, and received the emails from the Michael's Club concierge the week before the sailing on two of the cruises. I will imagine that the Concierge while onboard will help fill in any last minute details or requests that may come up.

So far, I have had a very positive experience with the new program.

Hi,

We will be on the Summit this Sunday. I received both telephone calls and emails from the Celebrity Shoreside concierge two weeks prior to the sailing. It seems it is a relatively new program, where they have one shoreside concierge assigned to each Celebrity ship to handle all of your prereservation needs and suite requests for the higher tier suites.

We were able to arrange dinner for 18 people in Qsine in advance and receive written confirmation. She was very helpful. It seems that the Michael's Club concierges were on at least some voyages being overwhelmed by respondig to upcoming passenger requests, while trying to enhance the actual experience of the guests currently on the sailing.

On Summit, the email address that is current as of this week is

ConciergeTanji@celebrity.com

and her telephone number is 316-554-5604

We have had three Celebrity cruises this year before the shoreside program initiation this summer, and received the emails from the Michael's Club concierge the week before the sailing on two of the cruises. I will imagine that the Concierge while onboard will help fill in any last minute details or requests that may come up.

So far, I have had a very positive experience with the new program.

So happy to hear! That sounds wonderful. May I ask what suite you will be traveling in? PH, RS or CS? Perhaps that is the difference.

Enjoy your trip!

Among our group we have a RS, CS, several SS, aqua and concierge. Those in the RS and CS were contacted individually by whatever telephone number they have in their profile page or reservation, and followed up with emails.

Tanji also asked in any of those in our group had a special anniversary, birthday, meal restriction etc. so that could be arranged as well or if anyone needed the destination concierge, spa, or specialty restaurant reservations, as well as the setups with your preferences for the Royal suite.

She also told me that the people working as shoreside concierges had been specially picked from the Celebrity hospitality team to make the experience more enjoyable and more in depth contact than just what the current onboard Michael's Club concierge could provide precruise.

I'll report back after our cruise, but I am sure everything will be wonderful and nice to have the dinner arranged for all of us.