Michaels concierge email pre cruise

ade99

Well hope it follows through for Reflection guests....we are in a CS on the spring TA.....would be nice to have that communication ahead of time as I am trying AGAIN pre cruise to set up Qsine dinner for almost 30.....

Maybe this time I'll get the email!!:)

I'm sailing Summit on August 30 in a PH suite. I have always been contacted in advance by the Michael's Club Concierge (both Jole on Summit and Bogdan on Constellation), but if this time I get an email from the shoreside concierge it really makes no difference to me. A phone call won't work because my profile has my home phone number and I'm at work all day :mad:.

As long as I get to tell someone what liquors, etc. I want stocked in the pantry on embarkation day I'll be fine. I have no special dining requests because I'm 100% satisfied with Luminae and won't stray from that dining venue.

Edited by jcpc

Hi jcpc and 2travel4life,

Please contact them at one of the two numbers for the other shoreside concierges if your trip is immediate. I don't know who the shoreside concierges are for each ship, but they have daytime and evening hours, and I am sure they will try and make it as enjoyable as possible for you for your preferences and have wonderful cruises.

They will also either handle it for you or get you to the right person. I know there have been lots of things go awry with the suite program rollout, but I thought this was an actual improvement.

Hi Kk99,

Really pleased the system is working for you. As I am used to 'the old system' will you please let us know either during or after your cruise how your initial needs were met and if butler, room attendant had received the information they needed to make the beginning of your cruise perfect and their job easier.

I did like the old system of direct contact with your conceirge but I will happily change my mind if the simple things like pillows, first night dining, bar set up...are sorted.

With two suite cruises booked and awaiting new itineraries I would really welcome your feedback.

Sincere thanks for your comments, I hope you have a great cruise!

Hi kk99,

I'm not too concerned yet as I'm not sailing until August 30th. But, please do report back after your cruise if all your needs were met by the shoreside concierge.

I have not found anything go wrong with the suite rollout program on my previous sailings, so maybe I have just been one of the lucky ones!

Janice

Maybe the new system is so the Michael's Club Concierge can spend even more time assisting guests on board.

Good observation. They are quite busy, especially when they have highly demanding passengers. I've experienced a number of MC Concierges and they all do a great job. My last cruise was in May and I was first contacted by a land based representative who I viewed a attempting to sell me enhancements to my cruise. About a week prior to my cruise I was contacted by the MC Concierge who wanted to know if I had any special requests. They were not attempting to sell anything. Be on a cruise in October and I'll see what happens. In the meantime I'll contact a few MC Concierges and see if they can tell me anything about changes.

Good observation. They are quite busy, especially when they have highly demanding passengers. I've experienced a number of MC Concierges and they all do a great job. My last cruise was in May and I was first contacted by a land based representative who I viewed a attempting to sell me enhancements to my cruise. About a week prior to my cruise I was contacted by the MC Concierge who wanted to know if I had any special requests. They were not attempting to sell anything. Be on a cruise in October and I'll see what happens. In the meantime I'll contact a few MC Concierges and see if they can tell me anything about changes.

I've wondered, a few times actually, if the "hit or miss" of the emails/calls to suite passengers is based on the past demands of certain suite guests. I know some people expect and ask for more than others, and I know that there are histories kept of passengers, so is that why some get calls and others don't? We don't always travel in suites, only when the price allows, and we generally don't demand much from the butler, so maybe we are deemed as "easy to please" and not contacted. Just a thought....

I've wondered, a few times actually, if the "hit or miss" of the emails/calls to suite passengers is based on the past demands of certain suite guests. I know some people expect and ask for more than others, and I know that there are histories kept of passengers, so is that why some get calls and others don't? We don't always travel in suites, only when the price allows, and we generally don't demand much from the butler, so maybe we are deemed as "easy to please" and not contacted. Just a thought....

I did, finally I think, find out why I did not receive the emails: Someone at Celebrity had entered my email address incorrectly somewhere on the internal Celebrity system. I have entered my address correctly online but that is not the address that Celebrity use for the post-cruise survey or, presumably, the Michael's Club Concierge.

I suspect that this may the reason why many people do not the post-cruise surveys. There must be a high risk of error if someone else enters your email address.

I did, finally I think, find out why I did not receive the emails: Someone at Celebrity had entered my email address incorrectly somewhere on the internal Celebrity system. I have entered my address correctly online but that is not the address that Celebrity use for the post-cruise survey or, presumably, the Michael's Club Concierge.

I suspect that this may the reason why many people do not the post-cruise surveys. There must be a high risk of error if someone else enters your email address.

You may be right in SOME cases. Not in mine..I received the post cruise survey the day after the cruise and have received other emails regarding our sailings....so no idea why we didn't hear from concierge.....as I said I think it may be based on "expected" needs based on prior sailings...but that is JUST a guess....who knows...?

I decided to take matters into my own hands. I sent an email to my Michael's Club concierge (adapting the email address I had for Bogdan). In the email I sent my specific requests and a day later the concierge emailed me to let me know that it was all taken care of.

I am quite happy, but do not understand why this concierge service ( whether it be shore side or ship side) is so uneven.

I understand that the on board concierge must be very busy on some sailings. If a land based concierge can provide the same service then that's fine with me. Now to see if we get contacted before our September cruise.

I just do not see how having a shore-side concierge saves the Michael's Club concierge work as, surely, the shore-side concierge just acts as a middle-man and sends an email to him anyway. Perhaps other suite guests request things that are not dealt with by the concierge but I do not know what that would be. I am certain that butlers and stateroom attendants do not have email addresses so requests for them probably still go through the MC concierge and items like specialty dining reservations the MC concierge expects to be aware of.

If the shore-side concierge built a relationship with suite guests from the time of booking, it makes more sense but just to add an additional layer immediately pre-cruise does not.

We are in a Royal Suite on Constellation in a few weeks, and just had a telephone call and e-mail from a "concierge." They thrust of both was just to review the features included with the Suite, and to see if there were any questions.

Oh well, the "pre-cruise" contact from the Michael's Club concierge was really a very nice thing for those who were in the high-end suites. We'll see how this new way works but I, like Project gal, have my doubts. The shoreside concierge in reality just acts as a middleman - I relay my wishes to him/her then he/she relays my wishes to the Michael's Club concierge. Well I guess I'll know soon enough since I'm sailing Summit in 3 weeks. My requests are not huge so I'm sure my butler can handle them when I board anyway.

Note: In the past in addition to receiving an email from the Michael's Club concierge I did always receive a phone message at home from someone at Celebrity welcoming me on board and asking if I had any questions prior to my cruise. I never really had any questions so there was no need to phone this person back.

I just received a phone call or the ShoreSide Concierge regarding my upcoming Summit sailing in the PH.

I asked her about the change, and she confirmed that yes, arrangements are being accumulated by the shoreside staff who will forward on to the ship side staff.

She said they had been having too many missing emails, and such by having the ship do it, so they are trying this now to get a better result.

She is following her phone call up with an email so I can reply to her at my leisure.

I'm willing to give this a try and see how it goes, especially if it means a more pro-active and reliable method.

Curt -

Just a question. What is your Summit sailing date?

Thanks,

Janice

October 18.

I think our final payment was a month earlier than typical as it's a repo, so I may have gotten this call a bit sooner than standard.

Edited by cle-guy

Call came from Tangie and the caller ID on my phone read 877-290-5881

And just got the email:

The Celebrity Cruises family is delighted you have chosen to sail with us. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Summit soon.

As your vacation is just around the corner, I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Tanji and I will serve as your dedicated shoreside Concierge. My goal is to make your Celebrity experience as carefree as possible, and I am therefore happy to assist you in any way I can. Please feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your upcoming vacation. It would be my pleasure to make arrangements on your behalf; no request is too big or too small. A list of my services includes, but is not limited to:

· Reserving Specialty Dining

· Assisting with Shore Excursion and Private Tours reservations

· Booking spa appointments

· Accommodating needs and special requests/celebrations

· Answering general questions regarding the ship and the destinations you will visit

Mr. Bechdel, please always feel welcome to contact me for any reason — even if it's just to say hello. Once again, we look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Summit!

Sincerely,

It had a direct phone number as well, email me if you need it.

Edited by cle-guy