Cruise Cancelled?

gskimmel

It appears that my inaugural sailing with Azamara has disappeared from their website and no longer shows under "My Reservations". I was going to be on the Quest, departing Athens on May 17. I am waiting to hear back from my travel agent to see if the cruise has been cancelled but this is a major disappointment. We even just finished making all the post-cruise hotel reservations this morning, too!

It appears that my inaugural sailing with Azamara has disappeared from their website and no longer shows under "My Reservations". I was going to be on the Quest, departing Athens on May 17. I am waiting to hear back from my travel agent to see if the cruise has been cancelled but this is a major disappointment. We even just finished making all the post-cruise hotel reservations this morning, too!

Are you sure it was listed. I searched and found Venice to Istanbul 5/24/16 on Journey and 5/1/16 on Quest. Your TA may have booked something else.

We once had a cruise out of Ensenada to Honolulu booked and two days before we were to sail Celebrity cancelled the cruise because of "POD" problems. We had flights already privately booked form Honolulu back home so we kept our flights from home to San Diego and got flights from San Diego to Maui and Maui to Honolulu and had a wonderful time.

Celebrity gave us our money back and a free cruise of equal time and cabin level. I thought it was pretty nice and we had a good Hawaii trip.

There is an active roll call for that cruise, so obviously it was available for booking at one time. Some people were making it a b2b with the cruise before it.

The Most likely scenario is that the voyage is sold out.

If it is sold out then why did it disappear from "My Reservations" section? I am also unable to add it back on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If it is sold out then why did it disappear from "My Reservations" section? I am also unable to add it back on.

Sounds like a charter :(

Expect an email in a couple of weeks if you're in the US, or a month if you're in the UK :rolleyes:

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Glenndale

I gave Azamara a call and the person I spoke with checked with multiple desks and said my reservation is fine. It was take down off of the main website because they are analyzing that sailing for inventory purposes (not sure what this means). As for it not showing under "My Reservations", she said they have a bug in the system that causes some itineraries not to show.

I gave Azamara a call and the person I spoke with checked with multiple desks and said my reservation is fine. It was take down off of the main website because they are analyzing that sailing for inventory purposes (not sure what this means). As for it not showing under "My Reservations", she said they have a bug in the system that causes some itineraries not to show.

That's good news :)

Analyzing the sailing for inventory purposes is cruise line speak for looking at how many are currently booked (and prohibits additional bookings) that they will have to give move off offers to due to either a very large group/charter/incentive which could end up to be a full ship charter.

I hope I am wrong but not showing under my reservations at the same time the cruise is removed from booking doesn't seem like a "bug" . That's a bit too much of a coincidence, be interested if others on the sailing can not see their resevation.

Analyzing the sailing for inventory purposes is cruise line speak for looking at how many are currently booked (and prohibits additional bookings) that they will have to give move off offers to due to either a very large group/charter/incentive which could end up to be a full ship charter.

I hope I am wrong but not showing under my reservations at the same time the cruise is removed from booking doesn't seem like a "bug" . That's a bit too much of a coincidence, be interested if others on the sailing can not see their resevation.

That was my sense, too. I already found an alternate cruise to the Baltics that I actually like better. I will wait to see if any move-off incentives are offered before telling my TA to make the switch.

We had something similar happen to us for a cruise that was supposed to be this year. When we noticed it had disappeared, they wouldn't give us the honest answer until a month later when we were informed it had been chartered.

Hopefully the cruise isn't being chartered since some people booked on the cruise could have already purchased their airline tickets.

What would Azamara do in a case where someone had already bought their airfare on their own (not through ChoiceAir)?

I just received from my TA:

We checked on your concern with the voyage in May 2016 and have been advised the sailing is confirmed as planned. Our Marketing team was processing some general updates to our website and have been advised that it seems that the information for this voyage was removed from the site in error. I was informed the voyage should appear back on the website within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Hopefully the cruise isn't being chartered since some people booked on the cruise could have already purchased their airline tickets.

What would Azamara do in a case where someone had already bought their airfare on their own (not through ChoiceAir)?

The cruiseline, whether Azamara or any other, must reimburse any non refundable hotels or air that was booked predicated on the fact that the person was to sail on that sailing.

The cruiseline, whether Azamara or any other, must reimburse any non refundable hotels or air that was booked predicated on the fact that the person was to sail on that sailing.

I do not believe ANY cruise line has an obligation to refund ANY arrangements not book thru them (ie. Cruise Air)

Sorry I disagree with your statement but of course could be wrong (but am 99%)

I'm sure JVilleGal is correct.

I couldn’t find RCI’s cancellation policy, but here is Carnival’s. It probably is consistent among all cruise lines.

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/port-cancellation-policy.aspx

It specifically states . . .

“Carnival shall not be liable to guests for any charges, fees or expenses paid or owed to third parties by guests (such as air travel booked by a guest directly with an airline) in connection with a cancelled cruise or an itinerary change for any reason.”

Regardless of the line, cruise contracts are 99% in favor of the line. They can do almost anything with impunity. You sue, you lose.

What you have to look at are which lines recognize the value of loyal repeat passengers, and those that look only at the current dollar impact.

Charters are lucrative sailings- no question. But what the short-term bean counters seem to forget is the long-term impact on the brand.

Oh, the dreaded inventory management.:eek: That's a stock response and more often than not in the half dozen times I've run across that with a booking, it's ended up being cancelled.

A sold out cruise will not vanish from the website, but will show "NA" in all categories. That way, if there are cancellations (as there likely would be for anything that far away), the cabins will show up for booking.

OP, I hope that they are telling you the truth, but I would hold off making any non-refundable arrangements for now.

Oh, the dreaded inventory management.:eek: That's a stock response and more often than not in the half dozen times I've run across that with a booking, it's ended up being cancelled.

A sold out cruise will not vanish from the website, but will show "NA" in all categories. That way, if there are cancellations (as there likely would be for anything that far away), the cabins will show up for booking.

OP, I hope that they are telling you the truth, but I would hold off making any non-refundable arrangements for now.

The cruise now shows online and under "My Reservations". Not only has the price increased, it is no longer part of the double-upgrade promo.

I do not believe ANY cruise line has an obligation to refund ANY arrangements not book thru them (ie. Cruise Air)

Sorry I disagree with your statement but of course could be wrong (but am 99%)

Well, I am speaking from personal experience. In my 100+ cruises I have had 2 that I was booked on that were chartered. In both cases my non refundable expenses were fully reimbursed.

Perhaps my wording was to strong. I guess I meant "must" in the sense that it would be a PR disaster if a cruise line chartered a ship, upended the plans of their guests and then did NOT reimburse them. Wouldn't happen.

The cruise now shows online and under "My Reservations". Not only has the price increased, it is no longer part of the double-upgrade promo.

Oh my. Well as long as you have the original invoice showing you had paid your deposit on a different fare and promotion I am sure your TA will get it resolved.

In any case I am glad that you are back in business.