Piano Bar on Marina

artbcpa

One of our favorite things to do on vacation is to "hang out" at the piano bar. We will be on the Marina in just a little over a week and were wondering if the Piano Bar on the ship was more like a piano lounge where you sit and listen to the pianist or the interactive kind where the passengers sing-a-long.

I am sure you are thinking of the piano bar that circles the piano.

That is not the kind on Marina.

It's a lounge with piano music. Big overstuffed chairs and cocktail tables, a bar - with your back to the piano.

The smaller R ships are more interactive but still no bar at the piano...

080255.jpg Martini's is more of a cocktail lounge than a piano bar. The actual Bar only seats about ten people.

Depending on the talent and personality of the pianist, some version of Name that Tune will usually be a feature. This is one of my favorites, Jerry Blain, rehearsing for just such an event

163453.jpg

Thank you for the information.

Actually we enjoy both, but we really love the piano bars where the entertainer really gets the crowd into it. If anyone has been on the Crystal Serenity when Colin was at the piano, you know what I mean. The very best piano bar we have ever been to was at an all-inclusive resort - Couples Swept Away. Their pianist - Ultimate Chocolate - not only had a fabulous voice, but he knew practically any song anyone wanted him to play. What really impressed us is when one of the audience members was singing and he transposed the music in his head to match their range. (I can do that on my piano, but that is because I have a digital Yamaha Clavinova which does it for me.)

In any case, we look forward to spending some pleasant late nights at Martini's.

Thank you for the information.

Actually we enjoy both, but we really love the piano bars where the entertainer really gets the crowd into it. If anyone has been on the Crystal Serenity when Colin was at the piano, you know what I mean. The very best piano bar we have ever been to was at an all-inclusive resort - Couples Swept Away. Their pianist - Ultimate Chocolate - not only had a fabulous voice, but he knew practically any song anyone wanted him to play. What really impressed us is when one of the audience members was singing and he transposed the music in his head to match their range. (I can do that on my piano, but that is because I have a digital Yamaha Clavinova which does it for me.)

In any case, we look forward to spending some pleasant late nights at Martini's.

I've been to CSA and actually sang along with Ultimate. You'll find the atmosphere much more low key on the Oceania ships. I don't really remember any singalongs in Martinis. At any rate it's still a good time.

I've been to CSA and actually sang along with Ultimate. You'll find the atmosphere much more low key on the Oceania ships. I don't really remember any singalongs in Martinis. At any rate it's still a good time.

singalongs IMHO would kill the conversations and the quiet atmosphere in Martinis.Aybe if there is enough demand they could have those somewhere else.

Edited by orchestrapal

• 2 weeks later...

Art, you will no doubt be disappointed, as we were comparing the moribund "piano bar" at Martinis to the Avenue Saloon on Crystal. A guy quietly plays piano as people sit in overstuffed chairs without clear sight lines to the piano, having drinks. It is actually more similar to the Crystal Cove than to a piano bar. The piano player is not an entertainer and there is little to no interaction with the audience and no singing along. Just background music. The Avenue Saloon is something that we really miss when we sail O, but on Serenity we have caught a couple of stiffs in a row in the Avenue, so it is not always perfect either.