CPAP plugs

My husband uses a CPAP machine for sleep apnea. Are there outlets near the head of the bed on Freedom of the Seas? If not, any suggestions to get power for his machine. The machine needs to go on an end table or chair by his head.

Contact the special needs department. They will lend you an extension cord.

special_needs@rccl.com

They respond very quickly to the requests, usually 2-3 days. They will put it in your reservation and supply you with an extension cord and a gallon of distilled water.

I print out their response and take a copy with me just in case it's not in the room when we arrive. Only had to show it once. Our attendant immediately went and got them.

If we need an extension cord, we bring one.

Really not being "snarky," but why? I too use CPAP and RCI has always provided one when requested/required. Many times the steward has plugged the CPAP in at the head of the bed for us so an extension was not required. :)

They respond very quickly to the requests, usually 2-3 days. They will put it in your reservation and supply you with an extension cord and a gallon of distilled water.

I print out their response and take a copy with me just in case it's not in the room when we arrive. Only had to show it once. Our attendant immediately went and got them.

My husband also uses a CPAP at bedtime. I just contacted RC about this a few days ago, and have already received a response.

"

Thank you for contacting us with this inquiry. We will provide you with the distilled water and an extension cord, at no extra cost."

Last year both were waiting in our stateroom on embarkation day.

Enjoy your cruise!

I sailed on Oasis last July and use a CPAP. Plug right next to the bed, no extension cord was needed.

Last year we were in a JS on Freedom of the Seas. The nearest outlet was on the opposite wall on the vanity. Everything worked just fine with an extension cord.

Really not being "snarky," but why? I too use CPAP and RCI has always provided one when requested/required. Many times the steward has plugged the CPAP in at the head of the bed for us so an extension was not required. :)

Where, we always bring an extension cord and it is always in my bag. The real question is why not? It hurts nothing and you are prepared.

Our extension was confiscated at Cape Liberty! We retrieved it after the cruise. We had cruised numerous times prior to the change in rule...no extension cords! Now, I always send a request to the Special Needs Dept. Only one time there was a problem......they ran out of extension cords! We had to move the table to bedside the side of the bed and then the cord was long enough to reach. the next day the room steward found one!

We were on Liberty of the Seas in July. I had contacted special services and they responded within three days. They said that they would supply an extension cord and distilled water. When we got to the cabin there wasn't either but a mention to our room steward and he supplied both. We were in an ocean view room and the cord could have fit but it would be really tight and I was worried that it would have came crashing down or the cord being tripped.

Just be prepared not to be alllowed to bring it on board. The one they provide for you is overkill, but they would rather do that than have you bring a dangerous one on board. This is one category of cheap Chinese imports that might get someone killed someday. A CPAP machine is a pretty low current draw not likely to overload any extension cord, but they don't want to trust a possibly damaged or inferior product used in their cabins.

I do not carry an extension cord, However, I did purchase an 18' CPAP Power Supply Cord. One end goes in the CPAP Power Supply other end into electric outlet. It has never been denied because it would mean NO Cpap and the cruise line does not want to take that chance.

You can find a number of different length CPAP power supply cords from 2 to over 20 feet on Amazon. (They are not Extension Cords)

Dennis

Edited by SC_Floaters
revision

In my CPAP bag, I always carry a lightweight extension cord and a Belkin power strip. It is always there if I need it in a hotel room or ship cabin. No ship has ever questioned it and I'd rather carry it on myself than not have one available on board.

If you happen to run out the door early in the morning to get to the airport/cruise ship, and your cpap plug happens to stay plugged in at home while the power supply and part that goes into the back of the CPAP travels with you... They might just have the plug adapter at guest relations. They held a $20 deposit for it, and our room stewardess assured me she would turn it in on the last day. Which she did, no charge. *whew* They've also one time given me a 220 extension cord, which was quickly exchanged for the 120.