Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

STX Finland, now Meyer Turku, will be building Royal Caribbean's Icon-class ships.

Forgot about the sale to Meyer and I thought Icon was going to STX France, which according to this:

http://www.marinelog.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=24520:fincantieri-said-to-be-sole-bidder-for-stx-france&Itemid=230

has only one bidder on it, Ficantieri - builder for Carnival. Like other industries, there seems to be some consolidation.

Edited by Biker19

I haven't read through the entire thread, and maybe this is answered somewhere...but does anyone have a guess as to when bookings for Oasis IV will begin?

We just did a Harmony sailing a couple of weeks ago...booked on April 1, 2015 for a December 17, 2016 sailing. It was a long wait!

I haven't read through the entire thread, and maybe this is answered somewhere...but does anyone have a guess as to when bookings for Oasis IV will begin?

We just did a Harmony sailing a couple of weeks ago...booked on April 1, 2015 for a December 17, 2016 sailing. It was a long wait!

March.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Any one got an idea as to when the inaugural cruise will be seeing as they seem to be ahead on the production of this one?

RCI could designate just about any of the sailings as inaugural -they could even wait for a sailing after the TA.

I want to sign up for the pre-pre-pre-pre-inaugural cruise because by the inaugural or even the pre-inaugural the best toilet seats had already been used. I once went on a pre-pre-pre inaugural cruise, but that was just full of wanna-bes and posers, everyone knows that one isn't worth the trip. You really need to focus on even-numbered pre-events to get the most out of your money.

*tongue firmly in-cheek*

I want to sign up for the pre-pre-pre-pre-inaugural cruise because by the inaugural or even the pre-inaugural the best toilet seats had already been used. I once went on a pre-pre-pre inaugural cruise, but that was just full of wanna-bes and posers, everyone knows that one isn't worth the trip. You really need to focus on even-numbered pre-events to get the most out of your money.

Contact STX Chantiers de l'Atlantique, you can be lucky enough to travel on her first SEA TRIAL and make sure to use a brand new toilet seat.

Do we know the home port of this new ship? 4 Oasis class ship out of Florida?

Most likely a summer season in Europe May-October 2018, then to the new terminal out of Miami year round. I would say Barcelona for the Europe summer season and then Quantum 4 out of Southampton for the same summer season.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Bild Em Bigger

Most likely a summer season in Europe May-October 2018, then to the new terminal out of Miami year round. I would say Barcelona for the Europe summer season and then Quantum 4 out of Southampton for the same summer season.

I agree with you about Oasis 4.

However, regarding Quantum 4, she isn't due out until 2019. According to port bookings, Indy and Navigator will be sailing out of Southampton in 2018. I am hoping Q4 will there in 2019 though.

I agree with you about Oasis 4.

However, regarding Quantum 4, she isn't due out until 2019. According to port bookings, Indy and Navigator will be sailing out of Southampton in 2018. I am hoping Q4 will there in 2019 though.

Yes you are quite right, its 2019 for Quantum 4. Guess I lost a year somewhere. If I remember correctly the initial order was 3 ships and by the time they added 2 more to the order, NCL had a couple of ships on order. Thats the reason for the 3 year gap between 3 & 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought they would have started promoting O4.

We done Harmony Ta and we booked on March 1st 2015.

That would mean O4 would be due for release this March.

I thought they would have started promoting O4.

We done Harmony Ta and we booked on March 1st 2015.

That would mean O4 would be due for release this March.

Had to check the invoice and it was in fact the 20th March we booked. That was the first day it was released and not the 1st.

Can I put that down to a senior moment....

Had to check the invoice and it was in fact the 20th March we booked. That was the first day it was released and not the 1st.

Can I put that down to a senior moment....

Senior moment or not, you'd think they'd at least have SOME info out there for the lot of us that are impatiently waiting for Oasis 4!! Come on RCCL, toss me a biscuit! :D