Symphony of the Seas' Blocks Are in the House!

Seems that this time they don´t have a welding problem but a structural one. The Big Wonder in the Solarium broke in and now they have to remove it. That framing part of those translucent plates looked like aluminum to me. Seems like the plates were too heavy for the framing construction. I received a photo from a friend who´s currently onboard (TA pre inaugural). It was more or less finished and then bent in.

steamboats

Seems that this time they don´t have a welding problem but a structural one. The Big Wonder in the Solarium broke in and now they have to remove it. That framing part of those translucent plates looked like aluminum to me. Seems like the plates were too heavy for the framing construction. I received a photo from a friend who´s currently onboard (TA pre inaugural). It was more or less finished and then bent in.

steamboats

I would guess that's not far from what happened. When we were on this past week, the whole structure would flap in the wind pretty violently and make quite a rattle. So I'm sure adding all the weight of panels probably didn't help very much. And if I recall correctly, there is very little holding the outer frame to the inner support, but it's hard to tell from the pictures I have

So now our resident RCI hater can have a new target - French engineers.

I fear the construction is an American one. At least the company is called SoftLab.

My friend asked and was told that the wind caused the parts to "collapse". They will remove the damaged area.

On the good side: The Solarium bar is up and running!

steamboats

there was damage to some of the structure due to wind. with there initially being no panels on the frame was quitr flimsy. i sat in the solarium watching the guys secure the framework and build it panel by panel. it looks beautiful.

there are still lots if bits to be completed on the ship. some central park cabins not finished. we were booked in 10629 but were moved. didnt know till we arrived at check in, some safety issues with balcony.

lovely ship though. pools great. solarium pool ok. more like a big jacuzzi though. shows - some teething issues, to be expected but still good.

ship was not full, so easier for new staff learning the ropes and good for passengers as plenty of chairs around pools and in restaurants.

• 4 weeks later...
The wannabe construction managers I overheard on board Navigator two weeks ago (as we sailed by) declared that the terminal won't be done on time.
I'd worry more about the pier. Things underground or underwater are the big ifs on a project

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk