From ship to airport

british betty

Only once many years ago did we take the transfer offered by Oceania.

Waiting for 30 people to board a bus and then get their luggage was not a good ending to an otherwise wonderful cruise. Ever since we only take taxis from the ship or arrange private cars. For us the same goes with excursions.

We almost always take a taxi or arrange a private driver ahead of time. Sometimes, though, if you have a later flight, the ship’s transfer by bus offers a city tour before heading to the airport.

On a cruise this past April with my young grandson, however, we had an early flight and were fortunate enough to have scads of onboard credits. It is the only time I’ve done it, but I booked a private transfer through the ship. I have to say I was totally impressed! We were met by a port representative as soon as we left the ship. She knew exactly where our luggage was. She rolled the large pieces for us and whisked us through to the waiting luxury sedan. The driver got us to the airport in plenty of time to check in for our flight. It just could not have been better.

-Sukey-

I realize that you are going from the ship to the airport and are not having a stay in Istanbul, but I wanted to point out to others who will be reading this thread that many Istanbul hotels offer a free transfer to the airport when you have a stay of 3 days or more.

Mura

Hi

not sure which port you'll be coming into,is it Istanbul?

First try Cab Force (we've used them in the past) they don't take payment until after you have taken the journey.

If you are in Istanbul you could also try Efendi travel service €35 from port to airport.

And there are always cabs prowling at the port,you could wait and flag one of these.

regards

Josie

Hi

not sure which port you'll be coming into,is it Istanbul?

regards

Josie

Yes it's Istanbul.

We used SafeAirportTransfer last year and they were very reliable when we sailed with Celebrity. We haven't sailed with Oceania so I was wondering what they offered as we used the Azamara transfer once and it was almost the same price as a private rental.

After the usual help from this board, we will be making our own transfer arrangements once again.

We will be needing transport from Ship to airport in Singapore - we have come through and stayed in Singapore on a number of occasions but never have been there on a ship. Asked TA about private vehicle - O provided transfer is $350. I've not been thrilled with O provided bus transfer. Does anyone have a recommendation for this transfer? Is taxi service readily available?