Irons on Regal

artvlay

Yes, there are irons in the laundry rooms on all Princess ships. I suspect that mid morning on a sea day and mid to late afternoon on a formal night, there will be a wait. It just depends on how many show up. As far as I know there is no time limit.

Doing laundry while on vacation isn't a high point in anyone's day. People seem to do their laundry quickly, including ironing, and leave the area.

It seems its the busiest time is around embarkation when those of us who have been on land for a week or more are using the laundry facilities. Also the end of the cruise if doing a B2B. I've never had to wait to use an iron, though I have had to wait a bit for a washer or dryer.

I do find it annoying that some passengers toss on a load or two in the washer or dryer and then leave for over an hour, then return upset that other passengers have removed the laundry to gain access to the machines. Granted, who likes waiting for spin & rinse, but a modicum of consideration for other passengers might be needed. On our British Isles trip on the Royal, another passenger actually took my large laundry bag that was atop the washer as his own. Seriously? It was a fabric & mesh bag, with the name of my TA on it. I saw him do this as I was removing a load from the dryer and challenged him. The guy actually said he thought they were complimentary! So, keep an eye on your laundry.

Darcy

Doing laundry while on vacation isn't a high point in anyone's day. People seem to do their laundry quickly, including ironing, and leave the area.

It seems its the busiest time is around embarkation when those of us who have been on land for a week or more are using the laundry facilities. Also the end of the cruise if doing a B2B. I've never had to wait to use an iron, though I have had to wait a bit for a washer or dryer.

I do find it annoying that some passengers toss on a load or two in the washer or dryer and then leave for over an hour, then return upset that other passengers have removed the laundry to gain access to the machines. Granted, who likes waiting for spin & rinse, but a modicum of consideration for other passengers might be needed. On our British Isles trip on the Royal, another passenger actually took my large laundry bag that was atop the washer as his own. Seriously? It was a fabric & mesh bag, with the name of my TA on it. I saw him do this as I was removing a load from the dryer and challenged him. The guy actually said he thought they were complimentary! So, keep an eye on your laundry.

Darcy

Leaving/forgetting your laundry is not looked at kindly by others who are waiting to use the machines. How hard is it to set the timer or alarm on your phone to remind you when the cycle is done?

Darcy

If you are not back four or five minutes after your load ends, then you should expect it to be removed by a waiting passenger.

I'm a early riser and before I became elite, I would head to the laundry room early to use an iron. The only time I had to wait was when I went there about 4 to 5pm. BTW each floor has a laundry room and each laundry room has at least 2 irons in them. No charge to use the irons.

I can't recall ever waiting for an iron [emoji2]

I have waited for a washer or dryer.

After our next cruise, we will reach elite and I won't be using the laundry much.

As another poster stated, around the dinner hour people drop in to touch up dinner clothes.

Yes, there are irons in the laundry rooms on all Princess ships. I suspect that mid morning on a sea day and mid to late afternoon on a formal night, there will be a wait. It just depends on how many show up.

If the irons are all in use, check availability on another deck.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone new member here, wife and I are taking our 1st cruise in 2 days. Doing the quick trip to Mexico and back to make sure it's something we will enjoy.

Saw this thread so figured it would be the right place to ask about irons. Wife has a small steam iron she wants to bring with us for touching up. Would there be any problems packing this in our luggage? Thx

Hi everyone new member here, wife and I are taking our 1st cruise in 2 days. Doing the quick trip to Mexico and back to make sure it's something we will enjoy.

Saw this thread so figured it would be the right place to ask about irons. Wife has a small steam iron she wants to bring with us for touching up. Would there be any problems packing this in our luggage? Thx

luggage is scanned and this will cause it to be held and not delivered to your room and will be taken. It is easy to walk to Laundromat and use their irons

You may want to take a look at the cruise answer place on the Princess website. It will have lots of info that you should know about, including what you can and can't take. Definitely irons are a no-no as they can be a fire hazard. Your wife can easily get to any self-service laundry on board (almost every passsenger deck has one on every Princess ship) and use an iron there for free.

I make every effort to pack clothes which will not need ironing; although, some may need a light touch up. For that, I bring Downy wrinkle release. Also, being extremely OCD, and anal about organization and neatness, as soon as our luggage is delivered to the cabin, I unpack and get organized. For light wrinkles, or bent collars, etc. I simply use my hair straightener.

You may want to take a look at the cruise answer place on the Princess website. It will have lots of info that you should know about' date=' including what you can and can't take. Definitely irons are a no-no as they can be a fire hazard. Your wife can easily get to any self-service laundry on board (almost every passsenger deck has one on every Princess ship) and use an iron there for free.

The Ocean and the Pacific have only one laundry room on the ship. It is on deck 7.

...For light wrinkles, or bent collars, etc. I simply use my hair straightener.

One trick I learned is to hang up and "steam" wrinkled garments on the provided clothesline after taking a hot shower. Close the door quickly, so steam won't escape into the rest of the cabin, and minor wrinkles often release enough to avoid having to iron.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

• 3 weeks later...

Is the laundry room open 24 hours? I would like to get this unfortunate ironing chore over with as soon as possible on the first full day, so my DH doesn't get "the look" for any longer than necessary. I've decided that if I can get in there really early while he's out for his stroll on deck at 5:30 a.m. (we have the benefit of an hour on the time zone we're heading into) and get it done quickly, I can treat myself to something at the International Cafe as my just reward, and be back in my room before he even knows I'm off slaving away. I'll just have to make sure the sugar crumbs are wiped off my face.

Is the laundry room open 24 hours? I've decided that if I can get in there really early while he's out for his stroll on deck at 5:30 a.m. (we have the benefit of an hour on the time zone we're heading into) I would get it done quickly.

They are not supposed to be open 24 hours, but I do not know if the door is locked or not at 5:30 AM.