NCL - if St. Maarten is not on your itinerary I will be sailing with another line.

welove2cruise*

I have sailed exclusively with NCL for many years. We cruise twice a year in the fall and winter.

I have already had to book another line for next year as there are no ships leaving Miami that include St. Maarten.

I always purchased future cruise credits but will not be doing so again unless there is a change.

We also happen to be sailing the Epic out of London this October which has been quite a challenge so far.

I hope things change..

So why stick exclusively with NCL? There are other cruise lines that are just as good or better than NCL, some worse. Find a ship that goes where you want to go and Bon Voyage! Loyalty programs aren't all they are cracked up to be.

I have sailed exclusively with NCL for many years. We cruise twice a year in the fall and winter.

I have already had to book another line for next year as there are no ships leaving Miami that include St. Maarten.

I always purchased future cruise credits but will not be doing so again unless there is a change.

We also happen to be sailing the Epic out of London this October which has been quite a challenge so far.

I hope things change..

I don't think your threat will be taken seriously with NCL.

Been to St Maarten many times and it's a beautiful island. You can choose other cruise lines that will honor your request. Have fun!

So why stick exclusively with NCL? There are other cruise lines that are just as good or better than NCL, some worse. Find a ship that goes where you want to go and Bon Voyage! Loyalty programs aren't all they are cracked up to be.

That's true about the Loyalty programs especially NCL's - it just not that good depending on whom.

If NCL is not going to St. Maarten anymore on the ships you like - just go with a cruise line that does and Enjoy!!

Edited by maywell

We have a jeweler in St. Maarten that we have been going to for over 15 years...one of the reasons it is my favorite spot! If I spent a week there I would be in big trouble! ;)

Haha! Some friends of mine spent a week there recently, and they brought ME jewelry! You are on to something... :D

I hope things change..

What exactly are you expecting to achieve with this post? Do you seriously think someone from NCL is reading and is about to change their future itineraries just because you are throwing your toys out of the pram?

TS: I would love having multiple and the world's busiest cruise ports within an geographical area of 100 by 200 miles...

Back to the facts:

Escape is doing St Maarten in july and august 2016 from Miami.

Otherwise indeed the Gem from NY of SJU for fall and winter.

Or take a TA in november 2016 from Europe on the Spirit to Port Canaveral with a stop at St Maarten.

TS: I would love having multiple and the world's busiest cruise ports within an geographical area of 100 by 200 miles...

Back to the facts:

Escape is doing St Maarten in july and august 2016 from Miami.

Otherwise indeed the Gem from NY of SJU for fall and winter.

Or take a TA in november 2016 from Europe on the Spirit to Port Canaveral with a stop at St Maarten.

Strike that out. Spirit is staying in Europe. Maybe Epic? We'll have to wait until next week to see new itineraries for the 5 affected ships.

I am not quite sure why OP posted this? Although, because of our situation and we usually only cruise once every 9 mo or so now, we do cruise solely NCL, we used to choose our cruise, based on itineray and price. OP, if you want to sail to St Maartin and NCL doesn't do it when you plan on cruising, either change your cruise date a little or use another line. I doubt this is going to bother anyone, including NCL much. We can't please all the people,all the time. BTW, we have taken a week long vacation on the island twice and cruised there many times. I differ from most of you here, I don't really see it as better than any other island in the Caribbean. If fact I can think of 3 or 4 we like better.

I really miss St. Maarten as well. From the press release/posts I've read, the Epic will not be doing St. Maarten.

My husband loves Maho beach and planes and I was actually intrigued by an offer I got for Star Clippers that included a free 2-night stay in St. Maarten before or after a cruise. It is something we might consider in the future if we ever decide to go on a small ship. The price was pretty good as well, but I know it would be a different experience.

I hope things change..

Itineraries change... Perhaps this should be viewed as an opportunity to visit other cruise lines to see what they offer. There are lots of ships sailing from Miami going to St. Maarten. I'm sure you can find one that might suit your needs if St. Maarten is so critical to you.

Personally, I'm a little worn out on St. Maarten but as the newer mega ships can't go to many places other than St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Tortola, Nassau and other deep water ports you tend to see a lot of repetition there.

Maybe NCL is taking a short break from a regular stop at St. Maarten from Miami... but I wouldn't count it out down the road. Cruise lines tend to visit the places that give them the best deals, so maybe they will return if St. Maarten sweetens the pot a bit.