Prime c to be 40s bar?

procter

Saw this the other day and interested in reaction.

http://www.hampshirechronicle.co.uk/business/13594301.Southampton_based_cruise_ships_set_for_major_refits/

Not sure about main dining either

Thanks Procter, I hadn't seen this article.

I love the era of 1930-1940's cruise based movies. My favorite being Shall We Dance (1937) with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, with a close second being Now, Voyager (1942) with Bette Davis.

Does this mean the Looking Glass will no longer be a place to " shake your tail feathers" at night?

Here's another issue that a friend of mine said posed a problem on their recent Norwegian Fjords cruise. Since there are so many 4 tops in Discovery dining room, she said if you were not there when the buffet opened for breakfast and lunch, there was no place to sit...even the seats at the pool grill were taken, even though it was quite chilly. It was an older group and they did enjoy taking their time, even though pax were walking around looking for a place to sit...and they weren't always willing to share their table. I know one of my suggestions on Azamara asks was to put more 2 tops in the buffet restaurant. I wonder if that will happen when they do the refit...wish someone had an answer to that. We sail to Norway next summer and don't like hopping out of bed early on sea days...also don't like ordering room service all the time so it could be a dilemma for us, as it has been sometimes in the past. I do wish she would write a review on this forum.

I think the 40's restaurant is beautiful but I'm still partial to the elegant, traditional look that Azamara now has. Just my 2 cents.

I'm currently on Seabourn Quest. Although I initially was a fan of the idea to turn deck 10 aft into an Asian speciality restaurant during the evenings, the Seabourn experience has changed my mind. The Seabourn buffet, the Colonnade, and its vast outdoor seating area turns into a table service dining venue during the evenings, with a menu that's different every day (and different from the main restaurant). There is no "speciality" fee. It's fitted with heaters and blankets so that even during cold weather cruises (we're currently headed towards Reykjavik) you can dine outside every day. Absolutely lovely. I wish Azamara would consider the same.

I'm currently on Seabourn Quest. Although I initially was a fan of the idea to turn deck 10 aft into an Asian speciality restaurant during the evenings, the Seabourn experience has changed my mind. The Seabourn buffet, the Colonnade, and its vast outdoor seating area turns into a table service dining venue during the evenings, with a menu that's different every day (and different from the main restaurant). There is no "speciality" fee. It's fitted with heaters and blankets so that even during cold weather cruises (we're currently headed towards Reykjavik) you can dine outside every day. Absolutely lovely. I wish Azamara would consider the same.

that will never happen. heaters!! different menu daily.. i get so bored with menus thati special order food all the time

Since there are so many 4 tops in Discovery dining room, she said if you were not there when the buffet opened for breakfast and lunch, there was no place to sit...even the seats at the pool grill were taken, even though it was quite chilly. It was an older group and they did enjoy taking their time, even though pax were walking around looking for a place to sit...and they weren't always willing to share their table. I know one of my suggestions on Azamara asks was to put more 2 tops in the buffet restaurant. I wonder if that will happen when they do the refit...wish someone had an answer to that.

My vote would also be for as many 2 tops as possible.

We've loved our Celebrity cruises, but didn't like having to circle around trying to find available seats during busy times at the buffet.

Does this mean the Looking Glass will no longer be a place to " shake your tail feathers" at night?

Here's another issue that a friend of mine said posed a problem on their recent Norwegian Fjords cruise. Since there are so many 4 tops in Discovery dining room, she said if you were not there when the buffet opened for breakfast and lunch, there was no place to sit...even the seats at the pool grill were taken, even though it was quite chilly. It was an older group and they did enjoy taking their time, even though pax were walking around looking for a place to sit...and they weren't always willing to share their table. I know one of my suggestions on Azamara asks was to put more 2 tops in the buffet restaurant. I wonder if that will happen when they do the refit...wish someone had an answer to that. We sail to Norway next summer and don't like hopping out of bed early on sea days...also don't like ordering room service all the time so it could be a dilemma for us, as it has been sometimes in the past. I do wish she would write a review on this forum.

I think the 40's restaurant is beautiful but I'm still partial to the elegant, traditional look that Azamara now has. Just my 2 cents.

My apologies....I meant to say Windows and not Discovery. I hope most readers knew what I meant to say, but I wanted to clarify. FWIW, we were just with friends and I was showing them Azamara's website and the wonderful itineraries they offer. I'm truly hopeful they will consider an itinerary we are currently looking at. There are many amenities they seek on a cruise and I know they would be hooked on ACC, once they sailed on one of their ships.

My vote would also be for as many 2 tops as possible.

We've loved our Celebrity cruises, but didn't like having to circle around trying to find available seats during busy times at the buffet.

I do hope you will post your input on Azamara asks. Every opinion counts and I do think they are reading this forum.

I do hope you will post your input on Azamara asks. Every opinion counts and I do think they are reading this forum.

I did post my input back in February in the Azamara Asks forum.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45493214&postcount=72

Hopefully more 2 tops will be added to Windows during the upcoming renovation.