Seattle - Bottled Water

twokids0204

I want to bring a case of bottled water on to the ship next weekend. Is there anywhere close to pier 66 that I can pick it up.

We won't have a car, so we will be carrying it, therefore the closer to the port the better.

Also, I know Carnival has recently banned bringing on bottled water, anyone know if NCL still allows it?

I would be checking on the NCL board for their policies.

There is no reason to bring a case of water on board. The water on board is as pure, if not more pure, than bottled water, is FREE, tastes great, and doesn't have a plastic waste problem. The better idea is to just bring one refillable bottle per person.

I want to bring a case of bottled water on to the ship next weekend. Is there anywhere close to pier 66 that I can pick it up.

We won't have a car, so we will be carrying it, therefore the closer to the port the better.

Also, I know Carnival has recently banned bringing on bottled water, anyone know if NCL still allows it?

I'm not sure if they sell water by the case, but you can get bottled water in the Bell Street Deli at Bell Street Pier - just on the other side of the Bell Street pedestrian bridge at Pier 66.

I walked past the Bell Street Deli yesterday and remembered seeing 6 or 8 packs of Desani bottled water sitting on the floor next to the window. I am here in Seattle for another day. If we go back by pier 66 I'll stop in and check.

There is no reason to bring a case of water on board. The water on board is as pure, if not more pure, than bottled water, is FREE, tastes great, and doesn't have a plastic waste problem. The better idea is to just bring one refillable bottle per person.

I'm in total agreement. Bottled water is one huge scam.

I'm in total agreement. Bottled water is one huge scam.

I couldn’t agree more. It’s huge scam. 30 years ago no one that I knew carried around a bottle of water. Now everyone has one at hand. I have friend who carries one everywhere, it’s like panic mode if she doesn’t have one close at hand. We still drink tap water and its fine. Bottled water isn’t that good for you because the plasticizers that are used to make the bottle will leech into water inside the bottle over time. So where do those chemicals end up? I’ll bet if you filled a few bottles with ship tap water, chilled them and gave them to someone they couldn’t tell the difference.

While I understand that bottled water can be a scam, we bring bottled water because the salt content of the ship's water is often very high. We've also sailed on some ships where the ship's water was not that good (had a strange taste/smell) and you never know what you are going to get once you are on board.

I always use ship's water to wash out my underclothes in the sink and my clothes never come out as white as they do when hand-washed at home. Therefore, I continue to drink bottled water when we travel.

Edited by Trvlr37

As far as I know, you can bring as much water or soda aboard NCL ships as you want.

I don't think there is any place on the waterfront where you can buy cases water. Just individual bottles.

But if you have time to walk up from Pier 66 into the downtown area, you'll find a Target and at least one drug store that sells liters and 6 packs of water. Target may even have cases of water, I'm not sure. Both are about a 10 - 15 minute walk.

The Target is on Second Avenue and Pike St.

0?mapSize=390%2C330&locale=en-US&key=5a2d0cf1b3e2a7e58fe892e4df3992eb&pushpin=47.608941000000002%2C-122.33905799999999%3B&pushpin=47.608941000000002%2C-122.33905799999999%3B0%3B1

The Bartells drug store is on 3rd Avenue between Pike and Union Streets.

(I can't get the map to load for some reason, so here's a link)

https://goo.gl/maps/34y8n