S class or Oasis Class

NOSaints1

Were sailing on the Adventure and trying to decide keep sailing with RC or try Celebrity.

I know there two different ships, but two beautiful ships.

To tell you about us were almost 40, were not adventitious people, no RC walls, zip lining. We like to go to the shows, go for dinner, my DW likes to go to the spa and we like to go to the ports. I know Oasis is the biggest and lots of stuff to do, but my question is the Oasis class the real destination, but they do have the most restaurants, it's been a ship I want to sail on but same with Celebrity, cause Oasis would be more busy, Celebrity would be more relaxing. So what's your experiences been like on either or and what S class did you sail on and your thoughts?

Oasis will offer you a higher energy level experience with plenty of things to do. Its size will limit the ports on the itinerary. Shows are spectacular.

S-class ships will offer a more laid back experience with food a slight notch above. There will be fewer activities to take advantage of. The cruisers will be generally older on the S-class ships. My favorites are the Solstice and the Eclipse.

You cannot go wrong in your decision.

We're more leaning towards Celebrity because

Caribbean vacations made easy with cruise, non-stop flights, beverages, and more...

plus new low rates.

Rates for 7-night cruises start at just $1,399†* per person.

Get it all with one call. Our newest Book & Go Vacation Package whisks you away to the Caribbean on an escape that will leave you completely restored and renewed. Slip away on a 7-night modern, upscale vacation aboard Celebrity Reflection[emoji768] or Celebrity Silhouette[emoji768], starting at just $1,399†* per person inside stateroom, $1,899†* per person veranda stateroom. With reduced rates for additional guests in your inside stateroom starting at just $1,349†*, it's even easier to get away with family and friends.

Caribbean Getaway Book & Go Packages—It's All Included:

7-night Eastern or Western Caribbean Cruise in a veranda stateroom sailing between February 7 and April 12, 2015

Round-trip, non-stop flights from Hamilton, London, Ottawa, Moncton, Quebec, or Halifax to Miami

Classic Beverage Package including wine and spirits

Additional guests receive a 40 minute Internet package and a non-alcoholic Classic Beverage Package (can be upgraded to include wine and spirits for a fee)

Onboard gratuities and taxes

Transfers from airport to ship and ship to airport

Complimentary in-flight meal, beverages, entertainment and headsets and up to two checked bags per traveler.

Id rather go for the ports and not be the ship as the destination, not to say that I don't want to try Oasis.

We have done both and prefer the S class ships. We did the Caribbean on the Allure two years ago and it was our last cruise with Royal. The ship was too big for our tastes. THe staff always seemed harried and not nearly as willing to help when asked and our one visit to the MDR was so bad we spent the extra money on specialty dining the rest of the trip or opted for pizza one night because we were tried of spending the extra on dining. Granted we are older now and not up for rock walls or ziplines but even taking that out of our equation we would not book another cruise on an Oasis class and have booked several more on S class ships. The ship seems nicer, the staff is better and the food in MDR is better. On two S class cruises of 12 nights each we ate in the MDR 24 times.....and were very happy with our meals. We also did one M Class ship for 7 nights and did the MDR 6 nights because our TA gave us a specialty restaurant gift...

We have sailed on Silhouette, Solstice , Equinox, & Reflection...some more than once. Ref is our least fav due to size and layout...but all are fabulous ships! Silhouette has a great youthful vibe!

We tried Oasis for a change of pace. ..we are older than you but our dtr and her husb are in your age demo...dh and I truly disliked it..could not wait to get home.

Others love it!

Dtr thought it was Ok..nothing great..her husb liked it because of the zip line, flow rider. The specialty restaurants did not compare favorably to Celebrity..Ship.was very large and crowded and reminded us of vacation at a nice mall. It seemed best for families with children, and those who like zip line, etc, Had to pre-register for events,and stand in line... many of which not worth it. Some of the bands were good but nothing outstanding.

The Diamond lounge and perks were excellent and there are many hi tech innovations...but overall Celeb is much more our style...good food, nice lounges, great spa, feels like a ship,,, all depends on what you like, itin and price. Glad we checked it out but would not repeat,

We enjoyed Allure, the restaurant choices, aqua show, theatres.....but it wasn't relaxing.

I got off feeling like I needed another holiday. It was busy, somehow noisy, almost a stimulation overload.

On Celebrity ships, both S and M class there is enough to do if you want to but also quiet times to read, relax, people watch. Fewer restaurant choices but better quality food and a more upmarket ambience.

I don't think it is about one being better than the other I think it is more about what you want to get from a cruise. If you are a busy, busy person wanting 24/7 activities you will enjoy Oasis class ships. If your holiday is about destinations, nice food and relaxation then Celebrity is the way to go.

We did the Allure a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. It did not feel crowded at all. I was amazed how quickly they could board 6000 people and not feel backed up. It has a lot of good restaurants. The only difficulty for us is you need to book all the events ahead of time. We missed on some like the diving.

Our only real complaint was the smoking drifting out from the bar on the main floor as well as the lack of snacks later in the evening. Princess keeps the buffets open later.

That being said we are hitting Celebrity for Australia next year to see how they have changed since we last sailed with them.

Did you find a mix of young and old, are the staterooms spacious on Celebrity or on both?

On Celebrity, the majority of the cruisers are "mature" adults. Most are in their mid 50's and above. There is a greater mix on the Oasis. However, if you are traveling on a school vacation week, it will be somewhat younger on the S-class ships. If you travel on a cruise greater than 7 days, it will often be an older group of passengers.

The typical rooms would not be considered spacious. They are functional. I love the bathrooms on the S-class ships! Well designed in my opinion.

My DW likes to relax, have a nap in the afternoon. We went to WDW and were busy all week and thought we needed another vacation. So if you can compare our week at WDW to going on Oasis, you could see we'll probably be tired. One question that is kind off topic, were Christians and want to know does Celebrity or RC have Church service?

I have been on both the Oasis and the Allure (B2B). I loved them both. Lots of things to do. The shows are wonderful. We were happy with the food and service in the main dining room. There were kids on board - both cruises were in July as I work for a public school.

The kids were good; I seldom saw them; so I can' say the ship was over run with them. DH and I are in our 60's. I enjoyed the zip line and the hot tubs.

I like the activity; did not mind booking the shows early. I was able to book all the shows each week to work with early dining.

There are a lot of choices for breakfast and lunch that were complimentary. Several specialty restaurant s for dinner, and a few places for night time snacks.

That being said, our next cruise is on the Solstice to Alaska. We are trying something different, and found a deal we couldn't pass up.

You will enjoy what ever you choose.

We have been on the Allure once and many times on S Class ships. We love both classes; but they are quite different experiences. For us the Allure was great for a Caribbean cruise, since we had been to the ports many times and the ship was destination. And a great destination at that. But the Allure is not as relaxing or as refined an experience. Both ship classes are great and you should try them both. It really doesn't matter which one you do first, you will want to repeat both classes. We have reviews with lots of photos of both classes on our website. The link is in our signature. I think they will help you at least know what to expect. You have a tough decision to make; but you can't make a bad choice. :)

Were sailing on the Adventure and trying to decide keep sailing with RC or try Celebrity.

I know there two different ships, but two beautiful ships.

To tell you about us were almost 40, were not adventitious people, no RC walls, zip lining. We like to go to the shows, go for dinner, my DW likes to go to the spa and we like to go to the ports. I know Oasis is the biggest and lots of stuff to do, but my question is the Oasis class the real destination, but they do have the most restaurants, it's been a ship I want to sail on but same with Celebrity, cause Oasis would be more busy, Celebrity would be more relaxing. So what's your experiences been like on either or and what S class did you sail on and your thoughts?

Hi NOSaints1,

I sailed on Oasis last month, and posted a detailed review and comparison to Celebrity. Here's a link to my review : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47268681&postcount=72

Hope you find it helpful !

Originally we had a cruise booked on the Anthem and switched it to Adventure, the reason I really wanted to go on Anthem but I felt it wasn't really cruising and just a floating city, but Adventure your sailing for the ports.i know Anthem is based on the S class in someways, I just find it would be to busy for us.

Originally we had a cruise booked on the Anthem and switched it to Adventure, the reason I really wanted to go on Anthem but I felt it wasn't really cruising and just a floating city, but Adventure your sailing for the ports.i know Anthem is based on the S class in someways, I just find it would be to busy for us.

Already answered your main question over on the Royal board but if you felt strongly enough that Anthem was a floating city to switch your sailing why are you considering Oasis class? If that's a concern, O is even more so.

Reason is my DW likes a lot of dining options compared to our cruises on Carnival and I've seen so much of her, heard so much about her and heard nothing but great reviews. So I'm not sure do I go for a ship with so much to do and so much to eat and my DW being sore for a week after like we were in WDW, cause she has a bad back, sore hips, depression, and sometimes can can hardly walk or move or Celebrity where we can do much or little as we want. Yes we are going on Adventure but with my DW being Dutch were going to all the Dutch islands.

Reason is my DW likes a lot of dining options compared to our cruises on Carnival and I've seen so much of her, heard so much about her and heard nothing but great reviews. So I'm not sure do I go for a ship with so much to do and so much to eat and my DW being sore for a week after like we were in WDW, cause she has a bad back, sore hips, depression, and sometimes can can hardly walk or move or Celebrity where we can do much or little as we want. Yes we are going on Adventure but with my DW being Dutch were going to all the Dutch islands.

You seem to be comparing cruising on some ships to spending time at WDW. I don't know how or when you got that impression. Some ships do offer more options for activities than others but don't equate it to standing in line after line with the crowds at WDW. But I do agree that after time at WDW, you need a different type of vacation...

I'm trying to refer the busyness of WDW to certain cruises that are busy, not like going to WDW but where you just feel tired by the end of it. Do you feel like that's the Oasis or do you have a different experience, jw why the Harmony is cheaper by like 100 compared to Oasis/Allure that I found in April 2017

If you're sailing for the ports, Radiance class ships are the best for that on Royal. You will also get the mall effect on Adventure, but not so much as on the mega ships. Oasis class is fantastic, but busy. We use that class more as the destination, rather than for the actual itinerary - shows are absolutely brilliant though. S class ships are more relaxed and the food, only my opinion, is better on X ;). We're trying Harmony next year :).

Edited by villauk

Do you find its to big of a ship? What activities are there to do on X, I know it's not hairy man contest, bellyflop. I like how on X where they have the go big, better promotion. I also had considered a TA where it's just as much as a Caribbean cruise.

Do you find its to big of a ship? What activities are there to do on X, I know it's not hairy man contest, bellyflop. I like how on X where they have the go big, better promotion. I also had considered a TA where it's just as much as a Caribbean cruise.

We didn't feel crowded on Oasis at all - the layout of the ship is excellent for distributing pax. In fact, they manage the numbers very well. You will lose the personal touch, but gain in the entertainment area (so it's swings and roundabouts). Definitely less activities on X, more about relaxation. Embarkation and disembarkation is one of the best we've experienced on Oasis. As I previously stated, the food is better on X (again, only my opinion).

Presently, we wouldn't consider a TA as we like to explore the ports. My DH was stir crazy after being on Solstice for 3 consecutive sea days travelling over to NZ from Australia. So we know a TA is not for us at this particular time in our life. Give it another couple of decades, after we've retired, and we may think differently. Each to their own, as some love the many sea days ;).