Past Guest Party: Still in action?

Hey fellow cruisers! just wondering if carnival still hosts their past guest party? and is it true that to be eligible you must have had to cruise on 2 of carnivals ships before hand?:)

On Legend last month, Entertainment crew members took invitations so only Platinum and Diamond members were allowed to enter. It was a wonderful party! There were only about 75 in attendance. Drinks flowed freely and food was plentiful. The captain spoke with us. It was quite an intimate affair.

I, for one, am glad the party was changed. When it was held in the main lounge, there were so many people that we received very few drinks and hardly any food, it was noisy, and not as enjoyable.

Hey fellow cruisers! just wondering if carnival still hosts their past guest party? and is it true that to be eligible you must have had to cruise on 2 of carnivals ships before hand?:)

Now you have to have 75 points and/or days at sea before hand. Being Gold is like being Platinum with American Airlines. Stinks! Although I'm Platinum with Carnival, I think there should be more benefits for Gold. I was there once.

On Legend last month, Entertainment crew members took invitations so only Platinum and Diamond members were allowed to enter. It was a wonderful party! There were only about 75 in attendance. Drinks flowed freely and food was plentiful. The captain spoke with us. It was quite an intimate affair.

I, for one, am glad the party was changed. When it was held in the main lounge, there were so many people that we received very few drinks and hardly any food, it was noisy, and not as enjoyable.

I hope you didn't get a nosebleed holding it so high in the air.

In April we were gold and were able to attend. Would I go back? Only for one reason: free drinks. The "entertainment" and food wasn't good. It was more a big commercial for Carnival.

Now I don't have to worry about it, because I'm a long ways from 75 sailing days.

I'm very happy for those who are GLAD that us lowly gold cruisers are no longer welcome. :rolleyes:

I hope you didn't get a nosebleed holding it so high in the air.

There is nothing snooty in his/her response at all. Just saying the lower person count makes it more enjoyable now. Sorry that you are butthurt by the truth.:rolleyes:

Carnival really alienated their Gold passengers by making it so difficult to get to Platinum (75 points) and then they turned the screw a little more by cutting them out of the Past Guest Party. Instead, they should have a separate party for Golds only with complementary drinks and hors devours. Then, at the Platinum-Diamond party, they should give each participant a Future Cruise Certificate for OBC on a cruise booked within the next year or two.

[ QUOTE=forwardcabin;47455218]Carnival really alienated their Gold passengers by making it so difficult to get to Platinum (75 points) and then they turned the screw a little more by cutting them out of the Past Guest Party. Instead, they should have a separate party for Golds only with complementary drinks and hors devours. Then, at the Platinum-Diamond party, they should give each participant a Future Cruise Certificate for OBC on a cruise booked within the next year or two.

How did they make it hard to get to platinum?

After our cruise in May my DH got an e-mail survey. He expressed his displeasure with the decision to end past guest party for gold members. The bottle of water was not really much of a replacement. He also suggested a separate party for the gold members. He actually received a phone call from Carnival. We also got a $100 ($50 per person) OBC for our next cruise. Maybe if enough people express their displeasure about that Carnival might just listen.

There is nothing snooty in his/her response at all. Just saying the lower person count makes it more enjoyable now. Sorry that you are butthurt by the truth.:rolleyes:

As I said earlier in this thread I think it is wrong to boot out the golds.

However for those of us remaining would expect a better party. We will see it for first time in Oct.

You are not eligible. They have formal invitations given only to those qualified and you must show it at the door. There is no bringing guests anymore either. Are your parents eligible?

When they went from 10 cruises to 75 cruise days. In the old days you could have made platinum with 40-50 cruise days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, you could have had it with 30 cruise days, having taken 10 of the 3 day cruises. Maybe even less - the 2 days cruises counted too, I think. You just had to have ten cruises. Now it's 75 days to be a platinum guest.

Now you have to have 75 points and/or days at sea before hand. Being Gold is like being Platinum with American Airlines. Stinks! Although I'm Platinum with Carnival, I think there should be more benefits for Gold. I was there once.

Agreed! I'm finally just hitting gold and (woohoo) earning a pin and 1 free drink. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got off of the Sunshine, and attended the party yesterday. It was nice. Cute "keepsake" invitations, officers mingling amongst the guests talking, and a manageable crowd size. There were approx 150 Platinums in attendance, and (according tot he CD), 6 Diamonds onboard the ship for this cruise.

There were also several easels set-up inside the lounge, that featured contests of some sort: 1) Match the epaulette to the role 2) Match the baby pic to the adult pic (of officers) 3) Guess the ship (based on 10 varying photos of different ships and 4) Guess the amount of candy in the bag. The staff drew names for winners, as long as your submission had the correct answers. Winners got some sort of plaque. The candy winner got to keep the candy. Also, they gave away prizes for the youngest Platinum cruiser, the person with the most cruises total, etc.

Same "old" Carnival stock videos played though...

CeleBrat

Back in the day it was so simple and easy to get to Platinum. Some passengers were Platinum within two years. All you had to do was take 10 three day weekend cruises and you were Platinum. Anyone who lived in Miami, FLL, Orlando, and within a few hour drive from port could take a four day weekend and get a super cheap pack and go cruise to the Bahamas three, four, five, six or more times a year. That meant most people who lived near a port were getting Platinum status in two or three years when passengers like me who have to fly to port (and pay and arm and a leg) can't afford to cruise more than twice a year. It took me four years (well in reality 19 years--1991 first cruise, 2007 2nd cruise) going twice a year and in 2009 I went three times. One six day and the rest seven day.

The last past guest party we went to we got two drinks and food service sucked.....The change was needed, although I think a guest should have been allowed to go with you. If there is under 100 Platinum/Diamond the can easily use the comedy club for it and have lots of free space for a guest to join them......It would really suck if one spouse was Platinum or Diamond and the other was only Gold; therefore, allow a guest....

Will I go in February to the past guest party...Yes, but they will need to have it in the big show lounge because it is John Heald's 9th Blogger's cruise and half of the 500ish people going are Platinum or Diamond on top of those who are not part of the BC9 party. I can safely guess that there could easily be 300+ Platinum/Diamond in attendance for that party.

As I said earlier in this thread I think it is wrong to boot out the golds.

However for those of us remaining would expect a better party. We will see it for first time in Oct.

It is kind of the same for me.

I am platinum now, but on my second cruise I was really tickled to be included in the past guest party.

It is not all that much, but it did make me feel special.

Being treated like I'm special is not an everyday thing.

When they started having the past guest party during the shore time in Cozumel I knew that they were cheaping out majorly.

I really miss the Fun Farewell party.

That was super fun to me.

And interesting that the Fun Farewell party has been reduced to a bottle of water now.

Edited by mzloolue

I know this will get a lot of flack from people who do not think you should ever break a rule but have any of you who have attended the new party seen whether anyone was able to get their non platinum / diamond spouse in with them?

Edited by Jana60

I know this will get a lot of flack from people who do not think you should ever break a rule but have any of you who have attended the new party seen whether anyone was able to get their non platinum / diamond spouse in with them?

Everyone has said that they collect tickets at door and nobody not eligible can come in