What is the best way to get from Montreal to Airport?

gagenie

To give you the best answer, more info. is needed.

I see you are docking on the 29th of August, around what time? What time is your flight? How many of you are travelling together?

We dock at 7:00 AM on Sept 5 and they will be 2 of us traveling together. Our flight leave at 12:53 pm

Thank you!

The ride to the airport, in ideal conditions, is about 25 minutes. You are arriving on a Saturday, so the traffic should not be too bad. On the other hand, plan extra time for construction work. Because you will be pre-clearing US customs at the airport, I would arrive at least 21/2 hours in advance.

For 2 people the taxi is, financially, a good option (flat rate 40 CAD plus tip). The line may be long to get one and you will need Canadian dollars (not all taxis accept US dollars and/or credit cards).

For less hassle, the ship transfer is a good option too.

Edited by Jolie_Cruiser

Thank you Jolie!! I think just to be on the safe side. I am going to book the ships transfer!!

What's the price? We have the same trip a few weeks later and had planned a taxi, but the transfer might be an option if at a reasonable price.

What's the price? We have the same trip a few weeks later and had planned a taxi, but the transfer might be an option if at a reasonable price.

well the transfer is $34.00 per person. I was just afraid we couldn't get a taxi so we decided on the transfer

After our experience in May, a transfer may well be the way to go. It took us one hour to get through the lineup for the taxi! We had plenty of time as we were staying in Montreal so time wasn't an issue. One factor in our case was that we requested late disembarkation, around 9 am but there were many people behind us. We were the only ship in port (first one of the season) and only 1200 pax.

But for anyone who needs to get to the airport, or anywhere else, in a timely manner, either request early disembarkation, allow time for the taxi lineup or book a ship transfer.

Hopefully, it's improved since then!!

Edited by Alberta Quilter

After our experience in May, a transfer may well be the way to go. It took us one hour to get through the lineup for the taxi! We had plenty of time as we were staying in Montreal so time wasn't an issue. One factor in our case was that we requested late disembarkation, around 9 am but there were many people behind us. We were the only ship in port (first one of the season) and only 1200 pax.

But for anyone who needs to get to the airport, or anywhere else, in a timely manner, either request early disembarkation, allow time for the taxi lineup or book a ship transfer.

glad I got the transfer :) Thank you Alberta Quilter!

We only need to get to the airport to pick up our car before driving home to Ottawa, so we're in no hurry. We'll be asking for late departure too, so hopefully the worst of the taxi line will be finished by time we disembark.

I see that Montreal and Uber are trying to come to an accord, so perhaps that will be an option by time we arrive in mid September.