Table seating chart

Vacationing on the Brilliance of the Seas in September. Was given a table number and wondering if anyone has a seating chart for the MDR. Thank you.

Royal does not publish MDR table maps, as the table numbers can change cruise to cruise.

You could write in a possibly request a location such as a window seating area, but not a table # as Bob said they can change. We did that for our b2b last year and asked if we could be near a window rather then center. We had two window locations for the last two cruises. We spoke with the maitre'd at the end of cruise #1.

Didn't know that, thank you for the info. Do you know if they honor requests with given table number in advance?

When we sailed the 1st time on Oasis, we requested a table for 2 by the window. We got a nice table between the MDR and a side restaurant. The next time we sailed Oasis we asked RCL dining for that specific table # and sure enough it was the same table/location. It worked again when we sailed Allure last year.

When we sailed the 1st time on Oasis, we requested a table for 2 by the window. We got a nice table between the MDR and a side restaurant. The next time we sailed Oasis we asked RCL dining for that specific table # and sure enough it was the same table/location. It worked again when we sailed Allure last year.

One factor that can change the table numbers is the number of handicapped accessible diners they have. I have no idea what the average is, but we learned our less on Jewel in 2012. It use to be our tradition to walk through the dining room after boarding so we knew where our table was. On that trip we saw where our table was, walked there at dinner time and it was a different table number. The Head waiter mentioned there were 6 people in that seating in wheel chairs so they re-arrange things for more aisles and easier access to those tables.

One factor that can change the table numbers is the number of handicapped accessible diners they have. I have no idea what the average is, but we learned our less on Jewel in 2012. It use to be our tradition to walk through the dining room after boarding so we knew where our table was. On that trip we saw where our table was, walked there at dinner time and it was a different table number. The Head waiter mentioned there were 6 people in that seating in wheel chairs so they re-arrange things for more aisles and easier access to those tables.

That is one of the first thing we do when we board, go to the dining room and see where our assigned table is located. If not to our liking, we ask the MD for a change.

I emailed dining on Brilliance and just received an email back that my request was answered. I was given a table number and was just wondering how reliable it was. Never wrote in advance with a request. Asked for a table for 2 by a window and according to RC that is what they gave me.

I emailed dining on Brilliance and just received an email back that my request was answered. I was given a table number and was just wondering how reliable it was. Never wrote in advance with a request. Asked for a table for 2 by a window and according to RC that is what they gave me.

What is the email for dining.....?

Vacationing on the Brilliance of the Seas in September. Was given a table number and wondering if anyone has a seating chart for the MDR. Thank you.

no such animal as the actual setup/layout will change each cruise( and can in fact change for each seating)

Table locations can also change between boarding and dinner time.

hell it can change during the cruise.

first night: by the window

second night off set but still near a window.

third night.. nowhere near window

fourth: halfway between the staff set up area and the window

5-7: practically in the staff area. I could have tossed my own empty dishes into the bin.

I am one of those who actually do NOT like being near a window since sunset tends to make one of us blind the entire time....

There absolutely is a map of tables. Sadly even if assigned a certain table, if someone comes in before you and tells the server they want to sit there, the server will change the numbers. Just happened to me. Concierge had me assigned, sent me the map with table circled and by the time we were seated the server had changed the numbers. It took several phone calls by the concierge to the maitre'd but by second night we had our table back....where it was suppose to be.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

There absolutely is a map of tables. Sadly even if assigned a certain table, if someone comes in before you and tells the server they want to sit there, the server will change the numbers. Just happened to me. Concierge had me assigned, sent me the map with table circled and by the time we were seated the server had changed the numbers. It took several phone calls by the concierge to the maitre'd but by second night we had our table back....where it was suppose to be.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

If the server changes the numbers you can get it back. If a passenger changes numbers you've lost the table. That's happened to me.

If the server changes the numbers you can get it back. If a passenger changes numbers you've lost the table. That's happened to me.

Surely if a passenger switched numbers, staff would notice and politely pretend there was a mix up and move everyone back?