Do not pay for the golf excursion in curacao

hyuall

The cost of the excursion was $150, plus $45 for golf club rental and purchase of golf balls. The excursion was to be for 4 hours. Enough time for 18 holes of golf.

However, and this is not stated, the ride to the course was at least 20 minutes each way. The departure was around 8:30, arrived at golf course around 9:00 am and the van driver says she will return at 12:30, for ride back to ship. I you are not here, you find and pay for your own way back. Golfers indicated to driver that was not enough time to play 18 holes of golf, well too bad.

So, after surprising the pro shop apparently, off to play a "polo" game of golf in curaçao.

Was back for pickup at 12:35 and was told that the pickup time was now 2:00.

Went to excursion desk, was told, did you see that the tour was for 4 hours. Tried to explain to the young lady the issue of lack of time. After being called rude, knew that one need not pursue the issue. However her boss did called, but again no gain.

So, you have been warned about this excursion.

Word to wise, be cautious about rc shore excursions. Not all as they claim to be. Golf issue in one port. Was told about a beach excursion that indicated there would be water activities at one beach, nothing there but beach.

Went to excursion desk, was told, did you see that the tour was for 4 hours. Tried to explain to the young lady the issue of lack of time. After being called rude, knew that one need not pursue the issue...

A Royal Caribbean staff member called you rude. To your face. Really? :confused:

Anyway, I am sorry the excursion was less than you expected. I think you should pursue this with Corporate - the ship staff and the website will just keep selling it "as is" unless and until changes are made from the top.

The excursions are run by RCI approved operators.

Sometimes the excursions are changed and it takes awhile for the word to get to RCI and into the description of the excursions.

Keep in mind that RCI has people who do nothing but check out the excursions to make sure they are safe and reliable. 96% of the time, things go as planned!

As stated above, had you gone to the excursion desk after you got back and explained the problem you probably would have gotten a refund.

ALSO, in most cases, RCI won't learn of a problem until a cruiser tells them about it.

Edited by Trainman-2

Word to wise, be cautious about rc shore excursions. Not all as they claim to be. Golf issue in one port. Was told about a beach excursion that indicated there would be water activities at one beach, nothing there but beach.

This is the second thread you have started about this.

All of our RCI shore excursions have been even more than they claim to be. Excellent in every way. Sorry yours was unsatisfactory.

Damn you had to lay on a beach in the caribbean. Sounds like an awful experience.

We've been happy with most of the excursions we've taken through RC but a few of them have just been so-so. For example, the Bacardi factory tour in San Juan was not really a tour of the factory, it consisted of a ride through the grounds, a tour of the small museum with a guide who talked about the history of the Bacardi factory and, of course, time in the gift shop. However, the two free rum drinks for each of us more than made up for it!:D

We've also had some private tours that did not live up to expectations and some that were amazing.

Sherri:)

There is seldom a reason to pay for an excursion to a beach...in the Caribbean, beaches are easy to do on your own....just a "heads up" for those that don't know!

As far as golf, if I had paid for 18 holes and didn't get them in because of the tour guide (and not "slow play" on the course, I would have insisted on a refund of some sort. That's a bunch to pay for 1/2 of a round!!!

We had a few problems with our excursion we booked while on board. The awesome dune buggy adventure. We were told it was a 25 minute travel time, it was actually 1 hour and 20 minutes. The dune buggies were actually side by side utility vehicles (there is a big difference). We had such an awesome tour guide, that made up for the misrepresentation. We reported it to the excursion desk, not to complain or for compensation, but so that they had factual information. We were sent a bottle of wine to our room.

Well yes, we went to shore excursion desk to state dissafaction and that is where my spouse was called rude. She had her boss, head of excursions of guess, contact us and while she stated that she was sorry, no refund was coming. While I did not get a shore excusion to lay on the beach, I was merely relating a complaint another cruiser shared with me.