Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Two

CC Help Michell

??? Have you been into the box of wine again, Jeff?

There must be special rules for you. Over on this side of the pond, we can write German with impunity. Now if you want to write about a certain political party from Germany, it will most definitely be asterisked out.

Good Morning JP,

No .... no wine at all. :(

Sadly over the last few days the "Jerman" contribution to our debate has been to warn us that if we vote to leave then we will be punished and and example would be made of us in order to dissaude other states from moving in the same direction. Such is the state of respect for democracy.

Slowly the vote is polarising between those that feel angry and those that feel scared. It is shameful.

I wonder what Americans would feel if they were in our situation? That is why Brits are angry with Obama.

This time in two days it will be over either way. :)

Jeff

Jeff have you seen that Sugar has piped up complaining about Geiser Stuart saying she's not allowed to have an opinion because she's German. I expect his own bitterness towards who was responsible for the Holocaust clouds the hypocrisy from his mind.

Ironically she has come across in my mind as the best of all the campaigners that I've seen.

It's also ironic that jo Cox murder is being used as it is complaining that out voters support right wing politics. The right certainly supports Brexit that's true. But once out there would be declining support. Its only risen bease of anti EU sentiments. OTOH will continue to rise if we remain. That ill feeling will always exist.

Did you notice yesterday the EU commissioner slapping cameron for telling people he will be back for more concessions and firmly stated its never going to happen.

That's huge.... Yet ignored by the media apart from the obvious in voter Faisal Islam who tried to say he was talking about a brexit win and no negotiations about leaving which of course is BS. Is he seriously trying to say the UK will not be part of negotiations going forward on post EU trade and other things of similar stature. Instead they showed clips of the emotional husband of Jo Cox urging people to continue with her work and fight against evil.

The other thing that annoyed the hell out of me last night was comments about unity and security within the brotherly love of our European Allies.

I suppose the loud cheers and dances of success from French workers in the factory on each Exorcet (sp) missile that sunk our ships was imaginary.

Out out out

Edited by les37b

Today Britain decides whether it is going to be self-governed or ruled by a man who use to be the Prime Minister of Luxembourg a country with a population roughly the same as Sheffield.

Perhaps his most memorable quotes were:

"When it becomes serious, you have to lie." — Juncker when asked about Greece's economic crisis

"I'm ready to be insulted as being insufficiently democratic, but I want to be serious ... I am for secret, dark debates"

“Of course there will be transfers of sovereignty. But would I be intelligent to draw the attention of public opinion to this fact?,” - On EU monetary policy...

“If it's a Yes, we will say 'on we go', and if it's a No we will say 'we continue” -On French referendum over EU constitution

"We decide on something, leave it lying around, and wait and see what happens. If no one kicks up a fuss, because most people don't understand what has been decided, we continue step by step until there is no turning back." - On the introduction of the euro

“We all know what to do, we just don't know how to get re-elected after we've done it” - On eurozone economic policy and democracy

Jeff

I hope people vote with their 'informed' heads, not knee-jerk reactions. Sigh!

I can't believe Cameron saying that he'll renegotiate for us, when his last attempt was ignored. :mad:

Not only ignored, but confirmed that there are no further negotiations. But they still keep saying we will negotiate further. Not going to happen.

Now wind back 3 months and Cameron saying if we dont get what we want, he will campaign to leave.

Has he ever been truthful?

Hopefully it will be raining latter and a poor turnout.

Out out out.

Edited by les37b

The tension is palpable.

When zactly will we all know the outcome..

It deoends on how close it is. The final result will be around 7am on Friday earliest. Most results will be 3am onwards.

An early vote from Sunderland at shortly after midnight might be an early indication. If that is remain at 53/47ish then that denotes possibly a 50/50 split nationally .... any variance from that is an early sign of good or bad gamble. A 12 point remain advantage in Newcastle at the same time ish denotes 50/50.

Swindon is expected to be a 12% leave for Brexit. Oldham and Darlington 10points .... so,allthese might be early indicators.

Monumental day for the UK and potentially the whole of Europe.

Jeff

Only 5 out of 382 areas have been counted, and as you know they are all counted together. So far ....it is far too early, but the margin for stay wasn't near where it should have been for them so far it is 49.5% for remain.

The pound has plummeted.

Hope that is clearer.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Only 5 out of 382 areas have been counted, and as you know they are all counted together. So far ....it is far too early, but the margin for stay wasn't near where it should have been for them so far it is 49.5% for remain.

The pound has plummeted.

Hope that is clearer.

Jeff

.....just moved to 53% remain .....

Just saw this on Yahoo's news feed...

a few seconds ago

The results are in from Swindon, with a win for Leave.

61,745 votes for Leave, compared to 51,220 for Remain.

This gives the Out campaign an overall lead of 50.7%

It's now 20 minutes till midnight here in the USA's eastern time zone and CNN has just reported that both the ITV and BBC news people have called "it" as a win for the Leave side. Saying final margin will be 52-48% supporting the Leave viewpoint. Been watching things most of the evening. Interesting results, especially when you looking at the maps with the various votes in the different regions of the UK!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 145,945 views for this posting.