Last minute tips or things to pack?

lesliejaykat

We leave in 8 days for our last minute 10th anniv. cruise we booked a month ago. We haven't cruised in 9 years and quite honestly haven't had time to think about a thing. We are undergoing a full basement remodel and it just hit me today that we leave next week. I've got dramamine on my list. Cash for tips. Sunscreen. Two bottles of wine. That's it. Anything obvious I'm missing?

We leave in 8 days for our last minute 10th anniv. cruise we booked a month ago. We haven't cruised in 9 years and quite honestly haven't had time to think about a thing. We are undergoing a full basement remodel and it just hit me today that we leave next week. I've got dramamine on my list. Cash for tips. Sunscreen. Two bottles of wine. That's it. Anything obvious I'm missing?

Highlighter for your "Fun Times".

but things I forget: bandaids, this may be out of place, :eek:, and shoes (yes, I forget dress shoes, more than once. Now I keep my black ones in my suit case...nothing like wearing a formal dress and flipflops! :rolleyes: sorry fashion police!)

If you're planning any beach time while in port, or pool time while on the ship, take two bathing suits. That way, you'll always have a dry bathing suit for later. ;)

Don't forget your passports!...I have nightmares leading up to a cruise that I get to the airport and have forgotten them...Flip flops are a must. Nice enough clothes for your to wear to MDR if you want to go for "elegant" night..swim suits...toothbrush and toothpaste...enough money, and you're good to go! :D

I take a pop up hamper for dirty clothes. At the end of the cruise, it fits perfectly in one suitcase, ready for me to unpack it in my laundry room. By the way, that's about the only thing I put in that suitcase.

Baggies are always handy, duct tape *yes, we did have a suitcase we had to tape together due to airline handlers. Post It notes or a small notebook.

Just take bathing suits, cover ups, sandals sun screen, meds like Advil etc and band aids ... Maybe a nice outfit if you feel like dressing up but not many people do anymore. And sun glasses. Camera if you like to take pictures. And take your vacation attitude :) enjoy!!! We leave in 3 weeks and I am so excited lol have fun!!!

Happy 10th Anniversary!

Best tip I can give you is to leave home 1/2 of the stuff you might think of taking or being suggested here. After all, you have each other right? The suggestion about just bringing what you would take to the beach is excellent! {Assuming you're taking a Caribbean and not an Alaskan cruise}.

If you're in a small cabin, i like the over the door shoe organizer with hooks to drop in my sunscreen and other items so they don't clutter the desk and I can find them easily (clear pockets!)

And cold medicine/imodium............if something starts it's way through the ship and the store runs out.....

Have fun. Pack less. What's the saying, pack half as much and bring twice as much money.....