Diamond plus member rudely treated by fraudulent onboard offer

Guest maddycat
Sorry, me suspects a troll. Supposedly a D+ member yet only FOUR posts? Me suspects.

This is ridiculous. Not everyone who has cruised for years knows about cruise critic. Some just read these boards and don't post. They don't feel comfortable posting because of comments like yours.

I suspect lots of cheerleaders on this thread. Seriously like RCL never makes mistakes. They can do no wrong. Who are you all to say that the OP is not D+. Didn't know taking many many cruises required you to post frequently or at all. Maybe the OP never posted because anytime someone has a problem the cheerleaders appear. Who are you to know what is in their pocket and $25 is nothing . If that's the case then why don't YOU send the OP $25. If it's so trivial like the last poster said, then RCL should have refunded it to them since it's a trivial amount. I may not say that that I would leave the cruise line but that's me. I would surely be super pissed about it . I have been with Royal since my first cruise many years ago, but after several years with them if they make a mistake then that is plausible . No company is immune to fault. After all the people working for them is HUMAN. Go figure. I feel for the OP. My advice is to continue to call. I haven't been in this situation after a cruise has ended so dont know how to get it resolved. I DO know that years ago there was a similar offer for arcade credits or rebate, cannot remember which and my son had the same issue. Guest services was able to correct it . I gave them a day and after that went down and had it corrected . Do not give up and just ignore all the ignorance that plagues these boards. SMH

Amen!

It embarrasses me to see how many people come here just to ridicule someone's complaint. So mean spirited! They weren't there at the desk with him, so they don't know if it was handled politely or sympathetically. Why should he have to spend his precious vacation time trying to correct sloppy errors? We all know that if he owed RCCL $25 chances are he would have been billed for it, pronto.

Really? You are now "possibly" going to change cruise lines and give up your D+ cruising benefits over a $25 rebate issue? Isn't that a little dramatic?

Not dramatic at all. You don't know how many families were/are suckered in with this offer each cruise. It's odd that the error will always be in RCCL's favor though...

Ahhhh OP $25 is what you make in 10 minutes at your job so work 10 minutes and forget about the flippin $25:D

If it's so trivial why don't you just send him $25 of your earnings?

He's not complaining about the sum, just the aggravation he had to go through when it wasn't his mistake to begin with- and having made the effort he still couldn't get them to correct it . If Customer service is not empowered to correct errors like this, they should be. 'Pass the buck' seemed to be their motto at Guest Services.. It is baloney to think there is only ONE person on board, the Loyalty Amb that could correct this!

What they are relying on is just what you are recommending- that people shrug and say "It's ONLY $25, not worth the fuss" and leave it there.

For those who are coming late to the party or who just don't want to read the whole thread, OP has replied already and this has been resolved. See post 64.

I can report that this was successful! We called them today, was transferred to the loyalty desk where we provided our folio number from our cards. They reviewed the account, did see where our son is dp, and did see that we were in fact not credited or rebated, and that they were able to credit the 25 back to us.

They ALSO told us that this has happened before with the arcade credit, and to always call them to resolve any issues afterward that were not handled correctly.

I would update the original post, but I can't see the edit button.

Thank you for those who provided the advise on being able to fix this after coming home.

For those who are coming late to the party or who just don't want to read the whole thread, OP has replied already and this has been resolved. See post 64.

Yes yes yes, but is he still refusing to ever sail with them again, if not it really was just over $25 and not the principle.

I don't blame the poster a bit. I spent over 2 weeks trying to get my $1.95 test charge returned by PayPal. :rolleyes: I'm not sure now if I will even open another account with them. It is the principle. If I follow the conditions of the offer, then I always expect companies to fulfill their end of the agreement. :D:p

In the end the op actually came out ahead as they shouldn't have had $25 refunded. The coupon is for if you play $50 you get another $25 added for a total of $75. Its not if you play $50 it only costs $25. I just used this same coupon last month for my nephew.

It doesn't change the fact the system should have added it and the son should've been able to play another $25. Either way I'm glad you got it sorted out.

Glad you got it resolved.

Yes yes yes, but is he still refusing to ever sail with them again, if not it really was just over $25 and not the principle.

Well, a few hours ago he posted:

"It isn't the 25 dollars. It was the customer service. Believe it or not, I have never had an issue where I have had to go to guest services before. I did use the pursers desk on the sovereign of the seas in the 90's, but not for complaints. I guess I am very fortunate, based by how many people have slammed me for my post. Not having any other issues in 17 years, I can't rate any previous experiences. But for the first time having a problem, I am concerned that other situations would result in the same way.

"And I am sure once my frustration level settles, I will cruise RCL again, as they do have the best product offering. I just won't use the arcade :)"

So, no. And he's stated that already.

Valid question. I left out the rudeness part. When we were talking to guest services , she was telling us that "you USA people think that a rebate is a return of the money". We said yes, and that was what the form stated. She told us that it is only a credit for an extra 25 dollars.

I'm on both sides of this, LOL. (But not actually against you!)

As someone mentioned, this isn't a D+ thing, it's a C&A thing. We're still Gold (that's the lowest, right?) and on DS's second sailing he got that offer, too. I have the sheet in front of me.

On the side that has a girl climbing the rock wall (on my sheet) it says:

"Get $5 back when you purchase $15 in Arcade Credits" and "Get $25 back when you purchase $50 in Arcade Credits."

To an English-speaker, which many Americans are (though some might disagree with our spelling and pronunciation), the above does NOT state that it's a rebate. "Get $$ back" means a refund. At least in American-English.

So it makes sense that she sees "USA people" complaining about this!

And it's highly rude of her to say so.

However, if you look at the back of the sheet that I have (there's even an arrow on the bottom to indicate "turn this over:) there's more info where it explains the offerings.

"Receive a $5 rebate when you purchase $15 in arcade credits. Credit will be applied after purchase." and the same for the $25/$50 one.

So SHE knows what the back side of the form says. SHE knows the full story. She should ALSO know that there are meant people who don't read terms and conditions, or are excited to be onboard and just went for it before reading it, etc etc, and she should politely show the back of the sheet. Because saying that "USA people" quibble with it is just silly. To an American-English speaker, the "front" side of the sheet does indeed say that you'll get it *back*. She needs to learn how to show people the T&C without complaining that people fully understand the front side of the sheet.

And wow, how simple would it be to just say "get a rebate" instead of "get it back"?

Then again I found typos galore on Freedom and Vision, and some days the Compass was painful to read. Even the interactive maps had a misspelling and the wrong name of a club... And the menu still identifies crab as being part of a vegetarian dish when on no other night's menu do they indicate that seafood is something they consider vegetarian. The chef even stated it was an error that he'd never seen before and he was embarrassed, but that was October (I first noticed it January 2014) and it still shows up...

Wow-so many saying to just let it go. I'll remember this the next time Royal changes something and threads explode with people wanting what they paid for or feel they are entitled to. We'll see the opinions on what's trivial then!!!:eek:

Yeah I wouldn't 'let it go'. I'd just call them and get if fixed.

Why do people here always say you shouldn't waste your time over a trivial amount of money? See what happens if you try to disembark the ship when you owe RCI $25.00.

Agree

Edited by marci22