Future Booking Credit, 7 day or longer?

pris993

Last time we were on HAL, we purchased a 7 day future booking credit... the FFC had changed from one basic one to I believe 3 different levels. Since we did not know what we might do purchased the lower level for 7 days. Now considering booking a TA in the future. Wonder if we will be able to use the 7 day FFC and pay a difference or what? Anyone have experience with HAL's FFC lately in this regard?

Last time we were on HAL, we purchased a 7 day future booking credit... the FFC had changed from one basic one to I believe 3 different levels. Since we did not know what we might do purchased the lower level for 7 days. Now considering booking a TA in the future. Wonder if we will be able to use the 7 day FFC and pay a difference or what? Anyone have experience with HAL's FFC lately in this regard?

I think you mean that you paid for an FCD (future cruise deposit) for a 7 day cruise and now you're thinking of booking a longer cruise, which would require a larger deposit?

If my understanding is correct, then, yes, you should be able to pay the difference between the two deposits.

Thanks folks, appreciate your info. Was hoping we would be able to use the Future Booking Certification which was only for a 7 day future cruise and pay the difference... as we may want to do a TA or a cruise to Israel in the future. We had a great time on the Nieuw Amsterdam a year or so ago.

You should be able to "top off" your Future Cruise Deposit by paying the up-charge.

I've done it more than once.

I have also "topped off" my FCD several times when I booked a cruise longer than 7 days.

Rich

Just agreeing with the rest. Actually all my FCD's have been the minimum which you buy for $100 as we usually haven't decided on our cruises yet. We've used them for 20, 30 and an upcoming 33 day cruise and simply topped up. It's not that expensive and you get the applicable obc that goes with it as well :)

Just agreeing with the rest. Actually all my FCD's have been the minimum which you buy for $100 as we usually haven't decided on our cruises yet. We've used them for 20, 30 and an upcoming 33 day cruise and simply topped up. It's not that expensive and you get the applicable obc that goes with it as well :)

A good and important point about the OBC!