Beach ideas for Cozumel?

58Piano

We are in our mid fifites. No kids. Just want a relaxing beach for a few hours.

I know Mr Sancho's is highly recommended. But $17+tips each way for a cab?

Then $55 each. This sounds high priced.

Before we always went to Passion Island. But I am told they have a very bad seaweed problem. So this does not sound pleasant.

We are in port 11-8

We are in our mid fifites. No kids. Just want a relaxing beach for a few hours.

I know Mr Sancho's is highly recommended. But $17+tips each way for a cab?

Then $55 each. This sounds high priced.

Before we always went to Passion Island. But I am told they have a very bad seaweed problem. So this does not sound pleasant.

We are in port 11-8

Which pier will you arrive at? Do you require a sandy beach or a rocky beach with view of ocean? Pool or no pool?

Edited by c-leg5

You can save $$ by using the non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos or going to Paradise Beach. Post on your cruise roll call to share the taxi fare with others - $17 covers up to 4 passengers in the same cab.

All of the popular beach clubs are lined up along the same side of the island - if one has a seaweed problem the will all likely have the same issue.

Maybe look up reports on Bachi Cocom for similar price to Mr Sanchos but quieter, or Playa Palancar, slightly more expensive ride, no pool and PAYG.

There aren't any sandy beaches nearer to the ports (hence less expensive taxi ride) - only man-made stretches of sand since it is ironshore.

Where can we find this beach?

If you are sailing on a Carnival or sister brand ship you will most likely dock at this pier. http://www.puertamaya.com/Port-Information.aspx The Royal Caribbean Pier is right next door and they have there own shopping area.

I also recommend that if you are interested in a nice beach day take the $17.00 cab to Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's Beach Club. For shopping head to downtown San Miguel for good deals and great restaurants.

Maybe look up reports on Bachi Cocom for similar price to Mr Sanchos but quieter, or Playa Palancar, slightly more expensive ride, no pool and PAYG.

There aren't any sandy beaches nearer to the ports (hence less expensive taxi ride) - only man-made stretches of sand since it is ironshore.

Spell check correction - Nachi!