Did the beverage package prices go up again ALREADY?

We leave on the Oasis next month and I was planning on getting the Premium package once we board, in case there are any specials or discounts. I figured I had nothing to lose by not buying it in advance. Well I guess that was a mistake because I'm pretty sure at the time these were the prices:

Select $35 per day

Premium $49

Ultimate $55

I read recently that it had gone up to these:

Select $40

Premium $55

Ultimate $65

I kicked myself but figured I would be safe until September without another increase. Apparently I was wrong again because I just logged onto my cruise planner and saw these prices:

Select $42

Premium $57

Ultimate $67

Yeah it's only a couple of bucks per day but still, already?! I guess I'm passing this along so that nobody else makes the same mistake I made. If you're debating on doing it, do it now. Don't wait until you're onboard.

We leave on the Oasis next month and I was planning on getting the Premium package once we board, in case there are any specials or discounts. I figured I had nothing to lose by not buying it in advance. Well I guess that was a mistake because I'm pretty sure at the time these were the prices:

Select $35 per day

Premium $49

Ultimate $55

Select $40

Premium $55

Ultimate $65

I kicked myself but figured I would be safe until September without another increase. Apparently I was wrong again because I just logged onto my cruise planner and saw these prices:

Select $42

Premium $57

Ultimate $67

Yeah it's only a couple of bucks per day but still, already?! I guess I'm passing this along so that nobody else makes the same mistake I made. If you're debating on doing it, do it now. Don't wait until you're onboard.

I just checked my cruise planner for my Anthem Cruise in April 2016 and the prices are the same as your first set you listed.

Select $35 per day

Premium $49

Ultimate $55

Select $40

Premium $55

Ultimate $65

Select $42

Premium $57

Ultimate $67

I bought our Premium Packages just a few weeks ago at the $49 price tag, but see that they're now priced at $57. I figured it wouldn't be long until they went up once the individual drink prices rose a few months back.

Select $35 per day

Premium $49

Ultimate $55

Select $40

Premium $55

Ultimate $65

Select $42

Premium $57

Ultimate $67

Those particular numbers don't make much sense to me.

I can explain the first set vs the second set.

The second set is equal to the first set + 18% gratuity. So actually the same pricing but with the gratuity already computed in. (the numbers are not exact)

The second set is equal to the first set + 18% gratuity. So actually the same pricing but with the gratuity already computed in. (the numbers are not exact)

I believe that the second set was after the price increase (to the first set) but when the gratuities were 15% and not the current 18%.:(

I agree, I don't think there was an intermediate increase, but I do see that the prices have gone up on some cruises to match the latter (3rd) set of numbers. I have two Oasis cruises booked, and I just checked those. Oddly enough, the October 2015 cruise's Premium Package has gone up to $57 per day, while my April 2016 Oasis cruise is still priced at $49 per day.

On second glance, it appears that they could be quoting the prices as they did a year or so ago (to include the gratuities), versus keeping them separate. Still, this is not consistent from cruise to cruise, even on the same ship, per my example...

Edited by TheInnocentAge

I have six cruises that My Cruise Planner will allow me to book Beverage Packages for.

It will not let me do anything for my Harmony of the Seas cruises, or for anything in 2017.

:)

Here is the lowdown on those six:

September 2015 - Jewel - $41, $58, $65. All included, adds no more at check-out.

October 2015 - Serenade - $42, $57, $67. All included, adds no more at check-out.

January 2016 - Anthem - $35, $49, $55. Adds 18% at check-out.

January 2016 - Anthem - $35, $49, $55. Adds 18% at check-out.

September 2016 - Explorer - $35, $49, $55. Adds 18% at check-out.

November 2016 - Navigator - $42, $57, $67. All included, adds no more at check-out.

(yes, that gap is APPALLING, isn't it? My daughter is getting married. ;) )

Take this information for what it's worth. :rolleyes:

Edited by Merion_Mom

I'm seeing the new prices for my upcoming Liberty of the Seas sailing in October.

The Premium package is now slightly cheaper (was $57.82/day with 18% gratuity, now $57/day with gratuity included).

The Royal Refreshment (soda) package is more expensive (was $7.67/day with 18% gratuity added, now $8/day with gratuity included).

I had a feeling that bev package prices would start sneaking up little by little once they got folks hooked on having the packages. That's why I bought mine in advance. It would be my luck that they'd drastically increase the price a week before my cruise just like they did when they suddenly hiked the a la carte alcohol prices throughout the fleet.

We enjoy our cocktails as much as anyone, but will do so at home and just have one occasionally onboard in addition to the Diamond ones in the evening. I can't believe people are paying 6-900.00/couple to drink on a ship. Good for RCCL!

Edited by bouhunter

Depending on the particular cruise you're looking at, the price may actually have dropped. For the 10/31/2015 Oasis cruise, the Premium Package had been priced at $49 plus an 18% gratuity, or $57.82 total per day. It is now priced at $57 which includes the gratuity, so it is actually less now than it was before.