Mini suite vs. Balcony

No difference in perks... None really. Minis have a tub/shower combination whereas balconies have just a shower. Most minis have a curtain to separate the bed area from the sitting Area. Most agree a better name would be deluxe balconies. On Sun, the minis are significantly nicer than most balconies and at least eight (two on the bow and six on the stern) are sized and furnished more like suites ( without the suite benefits).

Edited by Clay Clayton

Hello, it's been awhile since we sailed NCL, and looking at the floor plans for both rooms, it doesn't look like much of a difference between these two rooms on Epic. If anyone has been in both, are there any extra perks or benefits to get the Mini over the balcony ? Thanks !

Minis have nicer bathrooms, with double sinks, and better showers. On some ships, you'll get a larger bed as well.

When I booked my next cruise, I looked at the room configurations for the Breakaway. The configuration for the mini-suites looks exactly like the balconies. Is there really that much of a difference to warrant the much higher prices of the mini-suite? Or perhaps the pix shown on NCLs website for the mini-suite is wrong. I would at least expect an inside table for a mini-suite.

I've been in two mini suites on jewel class ships and no double sinks, no larger beds and definitely no dining table of any kind. There is a tub that is rather small and steep to step into to use the shower. I don't know if they are different on the Epic or new mega ships, but I kind of doubt it.

Edited by herdingdogmom

On some (Epic) it means both sides of the wall is curved which does give a good trick of making it seam a little larger as one area is a lot wider and you cant tell the thinner part due to the wardrobes.. The rooms just a little bit deeper/longer as well as they tend to be on the lumps.. Not sure though how it is on other boats

Compare

with