Boarding times changable?

Hey, just wondering whether you are able to ask whether you can arrive earlier than your boarding time or if you could ask to have an earlier boarding time? As it goes from deck 10-2 (I'm on deck 7), would i be able to ask to board at an earlier time than the 'deck 7 boarding time. And if so would I just be able to choose my boarding time when completing the online check in?

Thanks.

Hey, just wondering whether you are able to ask whether you can arrive earlier than your boarding time or if you could ask to have an earlier boarding time? As it goes from deck 10-2 (I'm on deck 7), would i be able to ask to board at an earlier time than the 'deck 7 boarding time. And if so would I just be able to choose my boarding time when completing the online check in?

Thanks.

If you are boarding in the US, the suggested boarding times are not enforced.

Thanks.

You can arrive and board earlier than your suggested boarding time. Most of us arrive around 10:30 - 11 am and find ourselves on board the ship no later than 11:30 am generally. I dont even remember choosing a boarding time while completing the online check in.

Thanks for the replys guys. I would be boarding from Sydney (whoops forgot to mention that) but good to see that it's not really enforced. I just wanted to get on the ship earlier and get accustomed to things and have a look around and don't mind if my cabin wouldn't be ready until much later.

I would be boarding from Sydney (whoops forgot to mention that) .

I have no idea then. I tend to forget cruises leave out of different places than FL and go elsewhere than the Caribbean :o LOL.

Thanks for the replys guys. I would be boarding from Sydney (whoops forgot to mention that) but good to see that it's not really enforced. I just wanted to get on the ship earlier and get accustomed to things and have a look around and don't mind if my cabin wouldn't be ready until much later.

Last I heard, boarding times were enforced in Australia.

I can't imagine they enforce the times, as folks arrive via flight at ALL hours...they certainly can't expect you to just "hang out" if your flight arrives at 9am, and have you wait until 2pm! That's nuts!

I'd just show up when I got there!

I can't imagine they enforce the times, as folks arrive via flight at ALL hours...they certainly can't expect you to just "hang out" if your flight arrives at 9am, and have you wait until 2pm! That's nuts!

I'd just show up when I got there!

They can enforce boarding times. I would have no reason to doubt Bob's comment that boarding times in Sydney are enforced. Knowing that the OP can adjust his arrival time accordingly and not have to sit for hours on end waiting for their assigned boarding time. The OP can now take their time getting to the ship by enjoying a nice breakfast or doing a little sightseeing in Sydney before going to the ship. If the OP is like most people they fly in a day ahead of their cruise. Would you still just show up at the terminal a day ahead and wait there until boarding time?

As Bob says, boarding times are enforced in Sydney by RC. The surge in size of cruiseships in recent years & thus the increase in passenger capacity made the logistics of handling these numbers problematical for outdated facilities. Recent upgrades of the facilties at Sydney OPT have eased that, but RC still publish boarding times by deck.

That said, it has been reported that they are lenient as long as it's not too busy at the time. But there have been cases when people have been asked to come back later. Just drop your bags and go have a coffee or lunch or look around - you are at one of the most beautiful locations on earth.

Enjoy your cruise.

Last I heard, boarding times were enforced in Australia.

When I last cruised out of Sydney (January/February 2013) they were not enforced, we were one of the last boarding times listed (deck 3) but we were on the ship before lunch.