What are you wearing??!

carrievision

This might belong on the fashion board but I figured why not start the topic here? :)

I fell in love with this Mori Lee dress : http://morilee.com/DressDetail.aspx?C=2&D=8902&P=1 a few months ago, only to find that NONE of the stores here in North Carolina carry the dress. (I seriously called every single store! lol) Soo, I just ordered it off of BrideSave.com and should be getting it by November. Yikes! I think it's great that they are considering destination brides, with the "Voyage" collection. I just wish the stores around here would catch up!

I am going to wait until I get the dress to start choosing any accessories....

So what is everyone wearing???

Hi Carrivision

I looked at your dress and it is beautiful!

I can't tell you what I am wearing since I am getting married in 1 week from today! And my honey reads these boards as much as I do, but I will post pictures of the wedding when I get back.

Good Luck with your dress!

Lori

http://www.alfredangelo.com/index.cfm/fuseAction/COLLECTIONS.productDetail/fromAdvancedSearch/0/productID/f2e662da-afa5-4bb6-8aa0-4fbd7be28ea4/categoryID/6eb1ddbe-45d0-4d16-93d6-ca5ded5c84d6

This is the dress of the moment. Not sure if it's 'the one'. I am only about 5ft tall so I'm going to try to go with a knee length since we are going informal.

Carrievision- Hello! Your dress looks beautiful!!!

I have never heard of "Bridesave" before, I will have to check it out!!

I do not have a link to my dress but it is a typical wedding dress. Strapless, chapel train, etc...I thought of getting a less traditional dress but what can I say, I wanted to be the typical "fairy princess" on my wedding day.:o

Are any of you going to be wearing a tiara?? I would like one but they seem to b really pricy. I'm trying to not spend $700!!:eek: Did anyone else have any luck??

Hope you are all well and your planning is going smoothly!!

When I started looking at dresses I thought I wanted somthing more plain and casual but I fell in love with this dress so I went with it

http://www.bridesave.com/search/index.cfm?action=details&product_id=17656

I still have to pick out bridesmaids dresses, I have found anything yet... all I know is I want long if anyone sees anything nice please post thanks

Shannon

Shannon- Your dress look gorgous too! I can see why you had to have it!!

It's funny, I wanted a really frou-frou dress but i wound up getting one that was pretty plain. You never know what you will fall in love with!

We just found my sisters bridesmaids dress at Davids Bridal. It is pretty plain, black, but she can wear it on the formal nights and it does not look too much like a bridesmaid dress. It is style #8022. The bottom of it is really pretty. The picture does not do it justice.

Loei- I will have to do some further research in looking for the tiara. That gives me hope that you found one for less than $700. Thank-you!

I hope that you all have a great day!!

I found this bridesmaid dress for my sister for my wedding...

http://www.alfredangelo.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/collections.productDetail/categoryID/772f03c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65/productID/6639f233-6a04-43d2-b105-c4b7e4f544ec

It comes in just about any color that you can imagine, I'm going to let my Sis pick her color so she can get future use out of it.

Ladies,

Check out e-bay for tiaras...they are pretty reasonable and have a great selection. I have heard several people say they were very happy with what they recieved.

As for my dress...its strapless, chapel train, ivory and champagne with tiny buttons all they way down the back. I don't have a link, the dress is not advertized by Alfered Sung(??) and my FI frequents this board!

Kristin

Lots of pretty dresses! I love that some of you are also going for the shorter dress. All the bridal salons looked at me like I was crazy when I asked them if they had anything shorter than floor length.. they obviously need to get up on the trends :eek:

FYI on BrideSave.com - they had a great (grade A) review in the book "Bridal Bargains", which, if you haven't already checked out, is a great resource. I took a copy from the library. I am guaranteed a delivery date in November, and I added on a dress bag for only $10. I think most other stores charge $25+. Everyone I've talked to on the phone so far has been great and very helpful... moreso than any of the local shops I have been to! Also you are actually able to return the dress with a 10% restocking fee. This was a much better deal than any of the local shops could get me that offered to order the dress.

I have checked out ebay for Tiaras, and I agree, there are great deals on there! I am not sure what is going on with my hair/veil/head area yet... lol. Also I have seen tiaras in Michael's (the craft store!). I think I would rather have the comb for the veil be covered with tiny tropical-looking flowers instead... I might have to have some experimental craft projects.. :)

In fact, the whole hair thing has me a little stressed. Are you all planning on getting your hair done on the ship?? In the port? Or are you doing your own hair?? :confused:

cruiseescape, don't forget to show us your dress when you get back! :D

jamiski, Have you seen this http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2039&prodgroup=123 from David's bridal??? It is my backup dress for now... It's very pretty in person! Also Jessica McClintock had some shorter dresses that you might want to check out. :)

Carrievision- Even though my dress is long I agree with you, a lot of the bridal salons do not have shorter dresses. A friend of mine is having an issue with that as she is getting married in the sand on the beach.

Funny you mention the "hair" issue. I am having a hair TRAUMA!! I have no idea what to do! I must have 10,000 magazines and a million "cutouts" of what I like but no luck. Do I wear it all the way up? Half up? Curled? Straight?

I am getting my hair done here at a salon first. I will take pictures and bring them with me so the salon on the ship will have something specific to go by when I tell them what I want. I just have to DECIDE first! :eek:

Let me know if the experimantal craft projects work out for you! ;)

Let us know what dress you decide on and your accessories! I'm still looking for my tiara. (That is a good idea to look on Ebay Kristin! Have any of you ever purchased anything from Ebay? I never have...)

Kristin- I have seen some of the Alfred Sung dresses and they are gorgous!! You will have to post some photos after the big day! :)

Pandabebe- Your dress is pretty too! The beading looks so sweet.

How long is the dress? Cathedral? Chapel?

Jamiski- The dress you have picked out for your sister is similar to the one that my sister and I picked.I love the bustline on it!

I like that fact that she will get to pick the color so she can wear it again.

I checked out Bridesave and it was GREAT!! Thank-you for the recomendation. I have seen a few tiara's that I like but I am going to check out Ebay too...

I hope everyone has a great day! My FI and I went to our "travel doctor" last night and had to get EIGHT shots! I'm a little tired/achy today but I'm hoping it will all be worth it!!

Let me know if anyone has a hairstyle you recommend!

Carrievision - I actually decided on a Jessica McClintock dress after I posted that last dress...it is this one...

http://www.bridesave.com/search/index.cfm?action=details&product_id=11927

There are no David's Bridals in this part of Canada. Thanks for the idea though. :)

Bndgirl - I love the cut on that bridesmaid dress, very forgiving and it actually has straps!! which seem hard to come by in the world of bridalwear.

I will have to restrict her color choice by a little though, since it will be a Christmas wedding. That still leaves her options open to reds, greens, black, gold or any color that will match red flowers ;)

bndgrl...the dress has a short train and is pre-bustled w/ the same beading. i love the way the back of the dress looks! here is a pic of the back of my dress --> http://www.sposabella.ca/view.asp?action=zoomdetail&pid=4818&pg=BR-1&iid=2

i'm so envious of everyone's gorgeous short dresses!!! i would love to get married on the beach in one of those dresses! however like i've mentioned before my dad really wanted a more formal and traditional wedding, so we compromised and i got my destination wedding and he got the formal part of it :p .

as for hair i'm doing my own (it will be down, wavy and clipped up on one side w/ one of those antique combs).

jamiski, that dress is cute!

bndgrl, I think my whole problem with the hair thing is that I have no understanding of the bridal headwear! lol. Whenever I try the veils on in the store they stay on for about 3 seconds! Also all the pictures of "bridal hairdos" do not show how the veil fits in. :) What kind of tiara are you thinking about getting?? I think the taller tiaras have to have a big updo to stand up to the fairy-princessness of it all :)

Jamiski- I felt the same way about the bridesmaid dress! I loved the cut AND the fact that it had straps!! You are right, it is hard to find bridesmaid dresses that have straps. I did not want my bridesmaid to be have a strapless dress too, I wanted to stand out a little...:o Plus it looked really cute on her. I asked my sister (bridesmaid) to stick to Christmas/basic colors as well. She choose black which is great because she will be able to wear the dress again.

What day are you getting married? Are you getting married this Christmas? Or 2006? 2007?

I like the Jesica McClintock dress you picked out,it is very sweet. What does the back look like?

Pandabebe- The back of that dress is amazing! I love the bustle (is that what it is called?) in the middle. Very simple but very elegant!!

The combs for your hair sound like they would look great with your dress. I think that combs are very romantic. I would love to have them in my hair but I have really fine hair and I am afraid that they would fall out halfway down the aisle. NOT a very "fairy princess" thing to have happen.

I think that it is great that you are able to do your own hair!! I am "hair challenged" to put it mildly..;)

I think that the compromise between you and your dad is very sweet. I'm glad that you are both getting what you want. Will there be a lot of people coming to the wedding?

Carrievision- I have the same problem with veils. They do not stay on my head! I am going to have to bring some Bondo with me and ask them to use that for the tiara & veil! :)

As far as the tiara goes, originally I wanted one with a point at the top but when I tried them on they looked HORRIBLE on me. So now I am going for a really thick band that is all the same height all the way across and really sparkly. My veil is really long but it has a comb attached to the top so I am assuming that that is all it will need to be attached to my head?? I am a novice at this as well. I believe that all tiaras are attached with bobbypins (Is that right girls?) or in my case, BONDO!!!!:D

Have you started your "craft project" yet? ;) Let me know what you come up with as I may need some advice!

Are you going for a fairy princess look? More romantic? Traditional?

Kristin- Don't forget to post a picture of your dress after the big day! I would love to see it!!

Gown update: I just got a message from bridesave.com ... My dress is shipping within ONE BUSINESS DAY now! I'll get a tracking number soon and everything... woohoo!! So maybe it will be on my doorstep sometime next week :D

bndgrl, I actually like the tiaras that are the same width all the way across better. :) It seems like some of them you can also wear as a headband instead around the top of your head (if that makes sense). I don't understand where you put the veil with one of those on. I guess anywhere on the back of your head where it stays?? :) lol.

My original intent with the headwear was to put it up with a big 'ol tropical flower in it (no veil or anything) but my mom wants me to wear a veil. Sooo, I might be going the crystal headband route.

I remember seeing how to make a veil on the TV show "The look for less"... all they did was sew the tulle onto the comb with clear thread, and then decorate the comb with flowers. (They had those teeny tiny roses that have wire stems and wrapped them around the comb) I remember thinking that it looked kind of dumb on the model that they put it on, but it was all the way on the top of her head. Maybe if I wear it in the back??? I wonder if somewhere sells teeny tiny tropical flowers..... I am too picky :o

Is Bondo what it sounds like??? Would I be wearing a veil through my honeymoon, or until the comb grows out of my hair??? :) lol

http://www.completeweddings.com/gowns/gownView.cfm?RegionID=131&GownID=11049&GownDistributorID=52&nextdistributorID=0&listRank=26&currPage=1&AffiliateID=8&BackPage=www%2Ecompleteweddings%2Ecom%2Fgowns%2Findex%2Ecfm

This is my dress.. I couldn't resist the princess feeling a more formal dress. The colors are not what I ordered though.. but I Can't find a picture of the exact colorings anywhere. It is ivory but the beading is silver/blueish. I have NO idea about hair or veil or what yet...

Jo

I just found the instructions for making the veil that I was talking about, if anyone is interested. I also found out that apparently there are PATTERNS (like by McCalls) for making a veil ! Imagine that. I might have to check it out.

http://michaels.com/art/online/static?page=ihts_veil

regardlessgirl, that's a beautiful dress! I love the dresses with the shirring around the waist, it's very flattering :)

All of your dresses are so beautiful! I had a hard time choosing mine, because there are just SO many styles that I like. But, I did--here's the link--my dress is #HC8044.

http://www.moonlightcoutureline.com/asps/wp-oc.asp?pg=1&gline=EXHC&glineName=HAUTE-COUTURE

carrievision--isn't that book "Bridal Bargains" the best? I would strongly recommend it to any bride--it helps you save a lot of money.It has seriously been my Bible for my wedding. I ordered my dress from a bridal outlet, and got it for a third of the retail price listed.

I think I will also wait to order my accessories, when my dress comes in. But, I am looking, on ebay, at bridesave.com--pretty much any source I can come up with to look.

And I have an idea of how I want to get my hair done, but I really don't want to do it myself. Too much stress for that day, and I'm not that great at it anyway.

You guys have some great ideas--I think that's really smart to have your hair done at home, then bring a pic to the salon. I may have to look into that one.

bdngrl - We are getting Married 12/06 on Mariner of the Seas (I think). Still working out the details. I don't know if I read when your date/ship was? I'll look back and see if you posted it. I've been quite the airhead lately with all these wedding plans!! I am finding that a cruise wedding is really stressful this far out b/c you want to get everything booked.

Here is the back of the dress...The Jessica McClintock website shows it as a bridesmade (in the violet color) but click on the little zoom-in + sign and you can click on the back and it shows you the bride back.

http://www.jessicamcclintock.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&productId=51362&categoryId=10107&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10103

Carrievision - Thanks! I am going for the Breakfast at Tiffany's look ;)

All the dresses are so beautiful. I was looking at the first (Voyages(perfect princess bride!) and got distracted by the quincenerea dresses-I am 39, and kind of past my first flush of youth-but I always wanted a dress like that!!!! (Can you tell I ended up on this thread by accident? -married 14 years, 3 kids!)

What do you all think of this? Would it be to casual for a cruise wedding?

http://www.allyouneedtowear.com/Caribbean_Bridal_Wrap_-_the_Sarah.htm

Just to give you some background. This is my second wedding and it will be a small wedding (8 people including me and my fiance so far). We went with a cruise wedding as we just wanted a small wedding.

Blndiebby25 - Is your wedding taking place on the ship or in port? I think the actual setting makes a difference... For example, I think it is very cool for a beach wedding (Reminds me of some of the celebrity beach weddings!), but I'm not so sure if you could wear that in, say, a chapel on the boat. But that's just my opinion :)

Shellyjean, I agree that those dresses are gorgeous! Mori Lee seems to have some good reproductions of the "couture" dresses that are all over the magazines. :)

Archived