What are you wearing??!

carrievision

Blndiebby25- I agree with Carrie, the wrap is perfect for a beach wedding (very celebrity, I love it!!) but a little too "beachy" for a chapel. I REALLY like it though!! It's very fun!!

The photo dress is VERY pretty!! I LOVE slip dresses!! I think that they are great for a cruise ship. I'm almost jealous that my sister gets to wear one!!

Shellyjean- Congrats on being married 14 years!! That is great!! Maybe you can re-new your vows and get another dress!:)

Jamiski- I LOVE the back of the dress as well! It IS very "Breakfast @ Tiffany's". How will you be wearing your hair?

What day in December are you getting married? Do you have lots of family/friends going?

I am getting married this December 23rd on the Diamond Princess. There will only be 4 of us there. (Me, my FI, my sister, & his brother.) Thank-God for webcams!! Everyone will be able to watch if they like. We are catching lots of flack for leaving...

I know what you mean by it being stressful planning it so far away. I feel the same way. PLUS we were told that we will not get a written confirmation for everything until 45-30 days before we leave...YIKES!!! I'm having some "control issues".. But hang in there!! The TWE has been so helpful and so I am confident that everything will be fine!!

Amy- Your dress is gorgous too! Very elegant!!

I will have to check out that book "Bridal Bargins" it sounds great!!

I'm looking on Ebay as well for my headpiece. It's the only thing I have left to get. Let us know what you decide on when you get there!!

Jo-I LOVE LOVE LOVE your formal dress!! I am like you, I wanted it to be formal all the way!! I'm a traditional girl when it comes to weddings.

Again, you will have to let us know what you decide on as far as accessories are concerned!

(Everyone's dresses are so pretty!! I love the variety!!)

Carrie- Let us know when you get your dress!!!!!!! That is so exciting that you will be getting it so soon!!!!!! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I understand your confustion about the veils! I was the same way! I had my first dress fitting yesterday with the veil and I FINALLY understood how it stays on. Maybe I will only have to use Bondo (an adhesive that works REALLY well ) on the tiara! Yes, if we did wind up putting Bondo in our hair it would just have to grow out. Maybe we should stick to hairspray?? ;)

I think that you could wear the tiara's that are straight across as headbands as well. That is a great idea. I will probably wear mine up just because it is a little more "princessy" :o but they would look great the other way too!!

I think that tropical flowers in your hair would look so pretty!! I'm trying to think of the flower that I have in my head for you to use (only as a suggestion of course :)) but I can't think of the name at the moment. They smell AMAZING and they are from Hawaii (I think...) If I think of it I will let you know.

Maybe you can wear a veil as well as a few flowers? That way you and your mom would be happy...

You are NOT too picky!! I don't think that any bride is when it comes to her wedding and/or honeymoon!!

Whew!! Well I must get back to work, If I forgot someone I am sorry!!

Talk to everyone again soon!!

Blndiebby25, I agree with Ivy on that dress ! It's very elegant for on the ship! Is it Jessica McClintock??? I think I've been looking at dresses too much when I can recognize the photo backdrops... haha.

bndgrl, no new news on the status of my dress :confused:. I thought today would be "within one business day" so maybe I'll hear something from them tomorrow. I am starting to think, maybe I can wear just the veil comb and figure out how to stick in flowers above it - either glued to the comb or just pinned on. I'll have to start searching ebay for tropical flower hair clips. lol.

Do you have your garter?? I thought it might be fun to wear something beach or tropical-themed there as well :o

I found these tropical parisols on the website that Blndiebby25 mentioned.. I wish I could think of some clever use for them because they're hot!! lol. http://www.allyouneedtowear.com/Tropical_print_paper_parasols.htm

Carrie- LOL!! You crack me up!!!!! We could always MAKE you a tropical hair clip with some really pretty plastic flowers...That is a gift that keeps on giving...LOL!!!!!!!!!!! (I'm still trying to think of the name of the flower that I keep thinking of for your hair) I will remember soon I promise!!

Sorry you have not heard about your dress!! That is frusterating! Let me know when you hear something or receive it. I want to hear what you think when you receive it!

I do not have my garder yet still searching. I like the "beach" or "tropical" themed idea!! That would be so great!! Let me know what you find!

The garder will probably be my something "blue". Something "old" is a bracelet that my dad gave to my Nana when he was 5. It was really inexpensive but so sweet. It doesn't match anything but I do not care.

The something "new" is my dress and "borrowed" is my sisters shoes. We wear the same size-YEA!! Less shoes to pack for the trip!!

What about you??? Are you doing the traditional "something old, new", etc...?

What is everyone else doing?

I DO have to tell you ladies about my "undergarmet" though. I got a pair of um...."under-roo's" that say "I (heart) Jeff"- A little cheesy I know but I could not resist!!

Has anyone else bought any personalized stuff? Just curious to see if I am the only one that had to have some things...:o

Ok, I MUST get back to work now!! My emails are never short, why is that???

Hugs to you all!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I LOVE the parasols!!!!!! They are hot!! LOL!!!!!

Ivy,

Check out some of these *hot* beach and tropical themed garters from ebay!! lol:

Fringed and seashell little number to tickle your legs all day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMC-Beach-Wedding-Bride-Garter-Shells-Hawaii-Toss-SET_W0QQitemZ8223541328QQcategoryZ15718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Garter with flip-flop charm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADORABLE-BEACH-WEDDING-Prom-Garters-FLIP-FLOP-GARTER_W0QQitemZ8223740284QQcategoryZ15718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Over the top hawaiian garter, complete with pineapple motif (my personal favorite):

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAWAIIAN-GARTER-beach-wedding-hawaii-tropical-garters_W0QQitemZ8206940695QQcategoryZ15718QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm sure there are others but I came across these ones right away. :)

I haven't bought any "personalized" wedding gear - though I did at one point say I'd just give up on my search for a dress and wear those underwear that say "bride" on them with a coordinating "bride" tshirt and sun hat. lol. :) I have been resisting the personalized stuff so far but who knows how long that can last!

Ivy,

Check out some of these *hot* beach and tropical themed garters from ebay!! lol:

Fringed and seashell little number to tickle your legs all day:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TMC-Beach-Wedding-Bride-Garter-Shells-Hawaii-Toss-SET_W0QQitemZ8223541328QQcategoryZ15718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Garter with flip-flop charm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADORABLE-BEACH-WEDDING-Prom-Garters-FLIP-FLOP-GARTER_W0QQitemZ8223740284QQcategoryZ15718QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Over the top hawaiian garter, complete with pineapple motif (my personal favorite):

http://cgi.ebay.com/HAWAIIAN-GARTER-beach-wedding-hawaii-tropical-garters_W0QQitemZ8206940695QQcategoryZ15718QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm sure there are others but I came across these ones right away. :)

I haven't bought any "personalized" wedding gear - though I did at one point say I'd just give up on my search for a dress and wear those underwear that say "bride" on them with a coordinating "bride" tshirt and sun hat. lol. :) I have been resisting the personalized stuff so far but who knows how long that can last!

Glad you like my dress, I love the cut on it. I have a black dress just like it that looks unbelievable on me. I knew from the start I wanted that cut, then to find it in such a pretty fabric made me smile :).

Right now my hair is a little less than shoulder length, so I am not touching it till the wedding (besides trimming dead ends). I am going to go for something classic, probably parted on the side and pulled back. My hair is really thin so I'm not ashamed of getting some extentions for the event ;) especially since my honey works at a Spa.

I am a little disappointed about my wedding date, to make everyone happy we decided on a cruise that is leaving on Nov 26, 2006. It may put a damper on my Christmas wedding plans :(. Everyone wanted to go Eastern Caribbean and we need to be back 10 days before X-Mas b/c it's my honey's busiest time at work. Right now my Mom, Sister, and my sisters boyfriend are our definate guests. I am still working on my Dad and Stepmom going.

How are things going with the Princess wedding people? We looked at Princess, but we wanted to go with a cruiseline we knew. Despite the bad review of Royal Romance going forward with them. Since we only have sailing guests we are not having a reception. Just the cake cutting etc..Hopefully they won't screw up something that simple.

Hi, ladies. what a great thread! I think everyone's dresses are BEAUTIFUL! I ended up going with this Watters Brides dress b/c it was so comfortable and I just fell in love with it.

http://watters.com/product.php?coll=brides&page=14&showid=32 (this is the dress, but I bought the belt from the below dress b/c I liked the crystals. I'm using the original sash to tie my flowers)

http://watters.com/product.php?coll=brides&page=4&showid=265

Now for a personal question--has anyone found any great bras for strapless dresses? Would love some advice.

Can't wait to see some more pics and here what people decided.

~Traci

Hey Traci,

I had to purchase a strapless number for a bridesmaid gown earlier this year. It is actually more like a corset, so it goes down over the belly. The tailor actually sewed a few snaps to it and to the dress to avoid "slippage." lol.

This type of bra definitely has more support and "lifting ability" (I don't know how to describe without laughing to myself) than the slips with bras built in or a standalone strapless bra. I had this painfully embarrassing experience with the tailor telling me that the strapless slip was NOT going to cut it, support wise... just to make things more interesting, the bride, 1 bridesmaid, the mother AND grandmother of the bride of the bride were all standing there while we were discussing my unfortunate situation. lol.

So, needless to say, I invested the $50 in the corset. I was happy to have it after eating the dinner and wedding cake!!!

I'm hoping to get my money's worth by wearing it under my bridal gown as well. :)

I can look at the brand of mine if you're interested. Good luck!!

Carrie

Also, I know a couple of you have mentioned thoughts on hair. Here's a pic of how I think I want to do my hair.

47b5d828b3127cce9279657206f200000015108IctWzNw4cA

I found these clips, which my sweetie ordered for me. I'm hoping they help create the same look as the above photo.

http://jenarichards.com/Hair_Pin_5_Pearl_Crystal.htm

My garter. FI and I are HUGE Chicago bears fans, so I thought this would be a nice surprise for him :)

47b5d809b3127cce92c533db8ffd00000016108IctWzNw4cA

Would love to see more photos from everyone else too. I love the planning stage :)

Traci

Traci, I checked the tags on my "corset" and there was no brand name on it!! :mad: Not that I am that surprised, the bridal shop I got it from seemed pretty sketchy... basically the reason I decided to buy off the rack or order online for my own dress :) Anyway, this is pretty much what it looks like:

http://bridesave.com/search/index.cfm?action=details&product_id=13155

Maybe you can check with the store you bought your dress at, or I think Davids bridal also carries them. It is about as comfortable as you can imagine a strapless piece of clothing being :) You definitely don't have to "yank up" as much as with a regular strapless bra!

All, My dress from BrideSave came today!!! I ended up calling them this morning to see why I hadn't gotten my tracking number (apparently the "tracking number" email sometimes gets deleted as spam), and it arrived today! I haven't tried on the dress yet, but I have been admiring it :) So far, I can definitely recommend bridesave!

Wow! Everyone's dresses are so beautiful! I am still in the planning stage (I don't even have a date yet, prob Oct. 2006). But here is the dress I really like.

http://www.bridesave.com/search/index.cfm?action=details&product_id=17685

Of course it is too expensive for my budget. I seem to have champagne taste on a beer bottle budget LOL! Anyways, my fiance is into the sexy tighter look which is fine by me since I am petite (under 5 feet) Hopefully when the time comes to buying I can find a knock off for way cheaper.

Has anyone else shown their SO their dresses online or is it a total surprise?

Star*

I am getting married on the Valor March 12, 2006. SO EXCITED!!!!!

I found a dress that I traditionally would not pick. I would never pick it if I was not getting married on a ship...so here goes... to me it is elegant, yet sexy/fun. Does a description like that even exist? lol :p

Maggie sottero....Riveria

www.maggiesottero.com Riviera.

Thanks for the sight.

jennifer

jamiski,

I am short as well... a fellow 5 footer =). This is one of the dresses that didn't make me look like I was 2 feet SHORT. I thought I was going to have to go short. This dress is very slimming and close fitting to the body so it doesn't look like you have a torso and a big poof.

Melissa

Carrie- I'm so happy that you received your dress!!! YEA!!!!!! You have to give us the "DL" when you try it on!! I can't wait to see what you think!!

Are you going to get any of the "hot" garders that you sent links too?? ;)

Glad to hear that you have your corset too...It sounds great!!

This is actually something that I have not given much thought to. My dress has boning in it already so I do not need a corset BUT the "girls" need a little filling out so I was going to wear one of those Nu-Bras. But now that I think about it I am worried that I will perspire too much, the "stick" will wear off and it will go flying when I am dancing. LOL!!!!!! Maybe just a strapless one?? Any suggestions? One with tassles??LOL!!

Let me know about the dress!

Traci- I LOVE that hair style!! So pretty! I'm still having hair trauma...Will you have little clips in your hair? That is a really sweet touch.

You HAVE to get that garder!!!!!!!!!!! That is soooo great!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm trying to think of a surprise one to get for Jeff!! (Besides the panties:o)

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The strapless bras that I have that I love are by Wacoal. They stay up and I NEVER have to fuss with the "twins". (Although I must say that I do not have a ton to mess with in the first place.) :rolleyes:

I love your dress too!! Very elegant!

All of them are so pretty! We should all start a fashion line since everyone has such great taste!!!!!

Jennifer- Congratulations of your wedding!! I have never seen a dress with a skirt like that before. VERY amazing!!! I was the same way with my dress it is not something that I would have ever imangined wearing but I am completly in love with it!! I definately think that you can describe your dress any way you want to!! Mine is sexy, fun, simple, elegant, etc...Do I sound like Sybil???LOL!!!!!!!

Star- My dress is going to be a total surprise for my FI. Actually everything is. He does not even know about the flowers/veil/shoes!! What about you? Will you/have you shown him the dress?? It is very sexy!! I love it!!

Ok, my "well dressed ladies" I'm off to the gym and then to school.

Talk to all of you later!!

My dress is everything I hoped it would be!! It needs a few "nips and tucks" to make it perfect but the biggest part, zipping it up, can actually be done. PHEW! I was a little nervous about that part, especially ordering online.

:D To anyone else ordering off bridesave: the $10 garment bag is worth it. It's nice and long to contain your whole dress! The package I got from them was so cute - the dress was wrapped up in tissue paper and there was a little "congratulations and good luck with your wedding" note inside! If you know what you want and know your size, I think they are definitely the way to go!

Ivy, I think that you should get a bra with tassles to coordinate with that neato garter with the really long tassles! Jeff would be so excited! haha.

In reality, that hawaiian garter would actually be perfect for me because we're honeymooning there. I'm just not sure yet though!! There are too many ways to go ! What a fun way to incorporate your or your fiancee's interests or hobbies! My mind is spinning with ideas... I think I need a trip to Joannes and Michael's this weekend...

Carrie

for the ladies looking for undergarments -- i ordered a merry widow corset from Fredricks of Hollywood. It is the 'ultimate corset' i believe -- 68.00 or something like that. it has eye hooks up the front, with cups, and then the laces in the back (think scarlet o'hara!)

worked GREAT! I had to send it back once though b/c I ordered my size and it laced up and was still loose so I went a size down and it worked great. Not comfortable for sitting, really, but gave me the flat stomach/hourglass look I've always wanted. In fact, it worked so well, my dress was loose on the wedding day -- I had my MIL make my dress -- she is a retired bridal seamstress. It was beautiful, simple and economical. The only obstacle was extra fittings. She lives a plane ride away so we did some creative work. It fit with the first corset but was a little loose with the 'upgrade' -- in any case, I'd highly recommend the corset. I couldn't find one in a store here for anything. They were all those 'bustier' types or those 'smoothing bustiers' at VS......I wanted the really suck it in so you can eat and drink and be merry (and dizzy) type.......and Fredericks was the only place I could find it. I am saving it for future formal needs. Strapless bras always make my back hurt (even w/o much going on up there!) and this didn't -- it just made me keep my tummy in........

Hello everyone, you have all choosen beautiful dresses.

I originally planned on a short, simple dress...but then...I fell in love with a dress that is more formal than a cruise wedding...but it is my day and I want this dress, so I bought it! I started to put the link down for all of you to see it, but it was actually a 2004 style that I got discounted....so it is not longer posted online. The good news, though is that I have the dress I want and will feel perfect in!

If you go to the link below, my dress is number 5371...unfortunately, you can't enlarge picture unless you copy it into word because they have discontinued the style.

http://www.christinawu.net/dynamiccollection.asp?ColID=38

Archived