What are you wearing??!

carrievision

Ivy Thanks! No, I am not going to show him the dress that I do decide to pick out. I just like getting ideas from him as to what it is he likes since says he doesn't really like a lot of the dresses. I want it to be a dress that I not only love, but something that will knock his socks off-- if you know what I mean ;) I don't think he likes the fairy princess look which is fine with me and couldn't pull it off anyway since I am under 5 feet! ( I think jamiski said it best: "I am so short that in a long dress I look like a munchkin going to the prom") LOL!

Jennifer I happened to choose a dress from that designer as well. I really like her style. It's amazing how a dress can encompass some many descriptions. Very beautiful!!!

Lori I love that dress!!! Very sexy. That is the look I am going for too!

Come on everybody (including lurkers) post some more dresses I love looking at them! Thanks all for who have shared.

Star*

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one worried about hair. This whole cruise wedding planning has felt quite simple so far, but deciding what to do with my hair is a bit stressful! :) Traci - I like the picture you posted a lot (and the garter is fantastic.)

My biggest decision...we're planning to be married outside and I'd love to wear my hair down (or at least partly), but I'm afraid it will be too windy and I'll look a mess before pictures even start. So, I guess I'm currently leaning towards up some how...maybe with flowers...not sure yet. Any other pictures or ideas other have would be great!

Dejavucruise- yup, I'm pretty much in hair tauma mode as well!! As far as getting married outside, have you thought of having your hair half up with some flowers placed at the crown? That way if a big gust of wind comes up everyone will still be able to see you face!;) Plus the back will be down which will give it kind of a beachy feel. Just a thought...I still don't know what to do about mine. I've been scouring magazines and I love seeing other brides photos just for some ideas. Although I know that it will fall after a few hours. I will just have to not let myself be photographed after that point..JK!!!

Star*- I like that fact that you are getting your FI opinion on your dress, etc...I didn't do that with mine. I hope he doesn't leave me at the alter!! LOL!! JK!!

I know what you mean about knocking his socks off!!;) I hope to do the same! We love doing that to our guys, don't we?! What about anyone else? I know that Star* & I are not the only ones...

I don't know why I call it the "fairy princess" look besides the fact that I will be wearing a tiara. But that is the only way I can think to describe it.

I don't know if i could pull of the "sexy" look although I love it! For some reason I want to fool everyone that looks at the photos that I at least LOOKED innocent once...:D

Missliad & WinterEscape- I love the dresses!! Gorgous!! Have either one of you decided on accessories? Hair ideas?

Missliad- the dress definately has a beachy feel but it is still very elegant!!

WinderEscape- I was going for a more laid back dress as well but I went for a very formal dress too! I couldn't help it! Good for you for getting what you wanted!!

Carrie- I'm so happy that you are happy with the dres!! YEA!!!!!! I'll bet it looks amazing on you!! Do you have any accessory ideas yet as well??

My dress was the same way, no major overhaul to get it looking good. I have to lose about one inch around to get it to fit perfectly. I was nervous about the zipping part when I went back for my first fitting!! I told my sister who was helping me get into the dress, "We are not leaving this dressing room until we get this zipped!!" I did not want to walk out in the dress and have it hanging off me!! LOL!!!!!! But just one inch and ALL of the buttons up the back will be able to button!!(although I have 10 pounds to lose before i feel comfortable in my swim suit-what is that??)

Where will you be honeymooning in HI?? I love the themed garders, such a fun idea! What website was that on again??

As far as the tassles go, you are right, they are perfect!! Do you think that they will show through my dress?LOL!!!!!!!;)

Did you ever make it to Joann's or Micheal's this weekend???

Talk to you all again soon!!

xoxoxoxoxo

P.S. How do you post links?? (Not that this is a computer board) but I owuld love to show photos of my dress and a "ticker countdown" too!

If it is complicated don't worry about it, I was just curious...:rolleyes:

Ivy,

Yes I did get to Joann's this weekend! They have some veils there that are basically already finished - you just glue them on to the tiara/headband/whatever! They were about $15. Craziness. The tiaras were all under $40 too.

Matte tulle was also on sale for 2 yards for $1! Which is just crazy considering how much they charge for veils. I didn't buy anything yet because I couldn't find the plain hair combs in the store, nor did I have a sample of my dress color (as you can tell a lot of planning went into THAT shopping trip! lol. I did get 2 new purses at JCPenney - buy one get one for $1!!! haha) Even the fancy shiny tulle was only about $2 a yard. So I think I will attempt it, and even if it doesn't work out, I'll only be out, what, $10??? LOL :) Though I guess if you want the "edged" veil instead of just rough tulle, it's definitely easier to buy it :)

We're going on another cruise for our honeymoon on the NCL Pride of America! It goes around 5 of the Hawaiian islands, I think. We are really excited, we plan to see Volcanos national park, the North shore (as we were addicted to that TV show), try surfing and do some scuba diving ... it's still in the planning phases. :) FI has been planning this for awhile as Hawaii is his 50th state! After this he will have been to all of them! Crazy !

I am also nervous about the dress continuing to fit!! I am on a strict 3+ times per week at the gym for the next 5 months! lol. Especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas in there.. yikes! Anyone know how far ahead you should get your dress altered?? I was thinking maybe I should wait until closer to the date... ?? I'll have to find a tailor first.... :confused:

P.S. How do you post links?? (Not that this is a computer board) but I owuld love to show photos of my dress and a "ticker countdown" too!

If it is complicated don't worry about it, I was just curious...:rolleyes:

I know you can post links by just putting the web address in the post --- the message board figures out that it's a link automatically!

For the countdown stuff, you have to edit your "signature" in your profile.. Maybe those with the countowns in their signatures have some advice :)

Hi, ladies. I'm Traci (formerly known as monkey1). For some reason, CC bumped my login out and is taking too long to send me my password (I couldn't remember what it was), so I decided to create a new name.

Carrie--thank you for the photo of the bustle--that's what I'm looking for and now i just have to try one on :) And, congrats on your dress!

Ivy--thank you for the nice note on my hair. I am using the clips and they came last week--I LOVE them! And, thanks for the wacoal tip--i'll try that one too--whatever will lift and shape! I used tickerfactory to create my countdown--they give you the code to paste into your signature.

MentalVacation--thank you for the Merry Widow corset tip--definitely one I'm going to check out.

Dejavucruise--thank you for the hair comment--I'm hoping it works out. I considered down, but I'm too fidgety and I think I'd be playing with it all night. btw, we're getting married on the same ship, although you're a month before me. We should compare notes.

It's good to be back ladies, and thanks for sharing all of yoru beautiful dresses. It's hard not to have 2nd thoughts on the one I chose.

~Traci

Traci, Thanks for the congratulations about my dress! I think having second thoughts about "the dress" are totally normal - I am sure your dress looks perfect!! (I have a serious concern about "armpit flab" right now that I seriously need to stop obsessing about!! lol :D)

Ivy, I just got a note from theknot.com, and they are having a sale on their wedding wear! I thought of you. lol. Here is the link:

http://weddingshop.theknot.com/weddingwarehouse/UICategory.aspx?cId=Apparel

I really like the "Taken" thong. (here: http://weddingshop.theknot.com/weddingwarehouse/ProductPage.aspx?scId=Intimates&pId=P407&cId=Apparel) It really transcends the context of the wedding itself don't you think??? Maybe even better would be one imprinted with "Property of <insert FI's name>" with a big lock on it. ;)

Hello, ladies!! I've been married for over 4 years now, but one of my best friends got married this summer. We found a fabulous tiara on ebay for about $15 and a KNOCKOUT veil for $35. The veil was single-tier elbow length with a scalloped edge, PLUS it had beads and crystals on it. I would really recommend checking out ebay for your accessories!

Here's a duplicate of the tiara: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Floral-Design-Wedding-Prom-Bridal-Tiara-Crown-4010_W0QQitemZ8225595077QQcategoryZ105519QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I could not find the exact same veil, and unfortunately the listing has expired.

Best of luck!

Laetitia- That tiara is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!I will be searching on Ebay tonight for one!! I love how simple yet "grand" it is!!!!!! That is really good to hear. Thanks for the great tip! Congrats on being married for over 4 years! That is wonderful!!

Carrie- Thanks for the tip about the sale gear at The Knot. I like the "taken" thong too!!You should look at http://www.customglamgirl.com if you want to make your own "items" to wear under your dress. I LOVE my personalized stuff as cheesy as it is...:o Not sure how you would get the lock on there but I'm sure Micheals has something!!LOL!!

I'm with you at the gym girl!!! I go 3-5 times a week and I TRY to stay away from crappy foods but sometimes I get lax. Good for you for going!!! I always feel so much better after I am done sweating my a** off at the gym. (Unlike some people I do not perspire or "glow", I SWEAT) I can't believe that my body can hold so much water!! I need to work on my tummy though, that is my worst exercise and I always avoid it!!

As far as the dress fittings goe, I had my first fitting 2 1/2 months before we leave. My second one is exactly one month before we leave. That way the seamstress has plenty of time to make any last minute adjustments. HOWEVER, when I tried the dress on for the very first time 8 months ago there was a seamstress there with me to let me know if there was anything major involved. So I would see if you can find one now "just in case."

I can not believe that your FI will have been to all 50 states after he goes to HI!! That is crazy! I thought that I had traveled fairly extensively but he is the master! ;) Thst cruise sounds like it will be so fun!! You will have to write a review when you get back!

I'm so happy that you found tulle for so cheap!! I WISH that I was creative and good with making stuff like veils, etc...I would probably save lots of $$! Let me know how it turns out. Veils are SOOOOOOO expensive! I just about DIED when I saw the price of mine! I didn't look before because I thought "how bad can it be"?? Yeah, stupid me!!

Let me know if you find anything else! Shoes, etc...

Are you going to the gym tonight??? I'm trying to stay motivated but we shall see what happens...:rolleyes:

Traci- I'm so glad that you like your clips!! That is great! (P.S. Thanks for the tip about the "ticker" I'm going there after I finish this email!!)

How is everything else coming along for you??

Nothing else new here for me here..I just bought some extra batteries for my digital camera for the trip, umm....nothing else at the moment! I leave in 65 days!! Only 71 days until we get married!! AAAA!! I'm freaking out!!:eek:

Hugs to you all!! Keep posting the great photos!!

Ivy, that personalizing site is crazy! The Knot's selection pales in comparison. This has nothing to do with the wedding, but I love the shirts you can get with the dogs on them! lol.

I *just* got back from the gym, an hour of spinning class. Ugh! I was dying because the fan in the room they teach it in was broken today! haha. I try to behave myself too but I really just need to realize that I cannot give up french fries completely. Plus we're going to the NC state fair this weekend so I think the fried food is pretty much an unavoidable fact of life for this week! haha. What do you do at the gym?? I am going to try to start going to more classes because then I'm actually motivated to keep going - otherwise I'm in an out of the gym in 40 minutes.. lol :)

I can't believe, either, that FI has been to 49 states! It's crazy. Well, now that I'll be married to him I am sure I will become as well traveled as he is. I think I read in one of the other boards you're getting married in Southeast Asia??? That's so cool, we're hoping to get there within the next couple years (I have to get myself to Europe first!).

Laetitia, that's a beautiful tiara ! Very organic. Those are my favorite kind, the ones that look like flowers or vines.

Carrie- YEAA!! Good for your for going to the gym!! I skipped out last night after much internal debate...I had to study for school. (Or so I said...:o

I usually try to "mix it up" at the gym as far as the machines go. I usually do 30-40 min of cardio and then weights or resistance exercises for 20-30 minutes. I have to be careful with the cardio and which machine I use because my knees get really sore and achy. I'm not sure if it's from years of skiing or old age? (I prefer the skiing story) ;)

How about you?? What else do you enjoy besides spinning? I try to stay for the whole hour but some times all I can do is cardio.

Does anyone have any great advice as far as exercise go? Maybe that is something for a new post??

I'm excited for all of your future travels!! After HI do you have any future trips planned?? Jeff are I are wanting to go to Denmark & Italy. We have friends in Denmark and I want to go to Italy SO BAD I can't stand it!

What about you?? Any places that you REALLY want to go???

Anyone else? I know that planning your wedding is hard enough with out having to plan another trip but I always like having a trip to look forward to.

I looked online @ Ebay last night for Tiara's! They had some really pretty ones! I can't make up my mind!! Thank you all for the great tips!!!

I hope you all have a geat day!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxox

I have to admit all the dresses that are posted are gorgeous!

Since my wedding is a little more laid back. Getting married on the Valor Cruise ship in March. I choose.....

www.maggiesottero.com Riviera dress.

Anyone, please give me your honest opinion. My mother and sister almost fell to the floor. They think it does not look anything like a wedding dress. I think different.

I think my mom is still in 1950's....

I have to admit all the dresses that are posted are gorgeous!

Since my wedding is a little more laid back. Getting married on the Valor Cruise ship in March. I choose.....

www.maggiesottero.com Riviera dress.

Anyone, please give me your honest opinion. My mother and sister almost fell to the floor. They think it does not look anything like a wedding dress. I think different.

I think my mom is still in 1950's....

I love it and I think it would be great for a cruise wedding. :)

Tuskjl29- All I can say is WOW!!! I LOVE IT!!! The train is amazing!!

You can not please everyone and this is your wedding so wear what YOU want!!!!!!!!!!

I think that it is great for a cruise wedding! Sometimes I feel like mt dress is too formal but that one seems as if it would be perfect!!

Personally, I love it! ;)

tuskjl29, I think that dress is perfect! My mom was trying to get me into a dress like that one (minus the train.. I'm getting married on the beach), believe it or not. :) I think that your dress should reflect YOUR personal style, not your mom's or sisters!

Ivy, If I don't do spinning at the gym I usually do the elliptical trainer or go to yoga class. I try to do weight training sometimes but I HATE it! I am going to try taking a weights class instead so I will be forced to stay and do it! You're right, we should start a new post for this topic. :)

There SO MANY places we want to go in the near future! My best friend from high school is a chef in Italy right now, and I'm dying to go visit her! So Europe will be our next trip after our wedding. We'll probably get a Eurrail pass and be grubby backpackers and stay in hostels. lol There are so many others, I could fill up a page! FI has a list of places he must visit within certain periods of time... I am thinking he'll stick to it given his past with the 50 states.. LOL :)

Any tiaras that you are leaning towards yet???? :)

Carrie- I wish my best friend was a chef in Italy!!;) I would be going over there too! Jeff and I can't decide the best place to start and end up. We will have about 14 days total to visit our friends in Denmark and then go to Italy..hmm.... decisions decisions....Where will you guys be going??

But right now we are really excited for the cruise. It is our first and we are getting married! Talk about an adventure!!

Have you been on a cruise before?

I have not made a decision about a tiara yet. I just can't decide!!

I am going to call this weekend to make an appointment to have my hair done in the next few weeks so that I will know what I want and I will have to have my tiara by then. I'd better get shopping!!!

Do you have your shoes, veil, etc...picked out???

I hope that everyone has fun plans this weekend!! A friend of mine is going to have his 30th birthday party with a "Boogie Nights" theme. The costumes should be interesting...:rolleyes:

Keep the photos coming girls, all the dresses, hair-do's, etc... are great!!

Ivy,

You are getting married on your very first cruise, that's awesome! Our wedding cruise will actually be the 4th cruise that we have been on, so we are "seasoned cruisers" in comparison to most of our guests, who have not been on a cruise before. You'll love it!! Make sure you participate in all the actitivies on board, that makes it so much more fun! We went to a Martini class on one of the cruises and needless to say I was loopy for the rest of the day :eek:

My mom is visiting this weekend and we're going to start accessory shopping. Top of my list right now is the veil and silver platform strappy sandals (which I have a very specific picture of in my mind.. I think that will make them harder to find! lol). My mom also just bought a dress that she wants to wear for the ceremony so she is bringing it with her for my "approval" .. lol.. any good taste I have comes from her anyway so I am sure it is going to be pretty. :)

That party sounds like fun!! We are having a barbeque at our house tonight, and tomorrow we're going to the NC State fair. I sound like a complete southerner but I have only lived down here about 2 years.. haha :)

Deep fried candy bars, anyone??

Carrie- I LOVE those shoes!! I like the fact that they are silver too! VERY cool!! I love platforms!! I'm going to be wearing some white platform shoes that are strappy as well. My FI is going to crap when he sees them! (Well hopefully not literally but maybe I should bring some Depends just in case???LOL!!!!!!!!;) What about you? Love platforms in general or just for the wedding???

How was your BBQ??

WOW!! 4 cruises?? You are seasoned!! Thanks for the tip about the Martini class, I hope they have one!! I LOVE martini's!! Not with Gin though. I'm a Vodka girl. Two olives...MMM...:D What about everyone else? What kinds of Martini's do you all like? Or do you not like them?? Maybe we should start a new thread about what kinds of drinks to serve at your reception?? Any universally loved drinks??

I lived down South for the first 11 years of my life. MS, GA, FL, etc...it was so different than living in Seattle. I miss parts of it. I HAVE had deep-friend candy bars (well, Twinkies to be exact) and they are actually pretty yummy. I have not had one in YEARS but I recall I did like them.

How do you like living in the South? Happy about it? Where did you live before that???

My shower is this weekend and my future MIL is coming into town. She is really sweet and very EXCITED about us getting married. She is bringing a friend of hers to the shower that Jeff and I have never met before just so she can show her. Kinda scary but cute. She is esp. excited (even though we are leaving to get married) because my FI brother doesn't ever want to get married or have kids. FI & I are not too sure about the whole kids thing but we do want to get married.(Despite that fact that we will be on the opposite side of the world with out her when we say "WE DO")

How is everyone else's In-Laws doing?? Driving you crazy??

Hope everyone is well!!!

HUGS!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Ivy!!

How was the Boogie Nights party? Sounds interesting!!! lol!! Our bbq was great, but I only got 1 bbq rib... everyone at them before I could get more!

The fair was great! My favorite part were the racing pigs - especially the pot belly pigs - SO cute!!! Before NC I lived in Upstate NY, grew up outside of Rochester and then went to college near Albany (where I met FI!). There isn't much I miss about the north, except the great apples! The apple cider is just not the same down here. :mad: The nice warm weather makes up for it!!

I'm actually not a huge fan of the 007 Martini...:p My current favorite drink is Gin and tonic... FI makes fun of me and calls it my "old lady drink" because that is also his grandmother's favorite drink ! lol. I usually go for the "girly" martinis that are fruit or chocolate flavored! lol!

Back to the fashion topic... the current contender for the shoes to go with my dress are these:

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7174459/c/632.html

SO hot ! I feel like I am getting a blister just looking at them but they will be worth it! haha. Plus I think I'll be able to wear them a lot after the wedding. I love wedge shoes too! What kind of shoes is everyone else wearing???

That's so cute about your future MIL Maybe I am not close enough to the date to have the "in laws driving me crazy" phase yet. :) Do you know what is planned for your shower?? That will be fun! Do you have registries?? We have been brianstorming ours but haven't signed up for anything yet... I bet it will be fun to register though, it's like shopping without spending any money!

Hope you're having a great week!

Hello there!

Just came across this thread and read the entire thing!! haha. I've been in the beginning phases of looking for a dress. We're getting married on the beach...very informal (30'ish guests). My hubby-to-be found the sarong website...so I was considering this dress...

http://www.allyouneedtowear.com/Beach_Wedding_Dress_Hilde_Sarong_Set.htm

I also found this one that I love:

http://sophisticatedlady.us/wedgowwotrai.html

Just not quite sure on the sarong one...but it's so "us" to do something out of the norm....hehe. So these are what I'm liking so far...and that's just internet browsing...I haven't stepped foot in a shop.

Nice to meet you all!

Traci:)

Hi Traci!! I love the idea of a sarong "dress" for your wedding!!Espacially if it fits you and your FI so well!!

What beach are the two of you getting married on???

What is the date?

Will you be barefoot? Flip-flops??

I can't wait to see what you choose to wear!! Let us know when you start looking in shops and what you find!

Carrie- Those shoes are "hot"!;) I love the heels on them! SEXY!! Those are my favorite that I have seen so far for you!!

I LOVE that website "Zappos" it is sooooo great!!

Mine platforms are pretty plain but they really hold your feet in. I will need that after all the champagne! :D

The Boogie Nights party was fun. The "gifts" were interesting to say the least. That is all I can disclose on this board but I recommend that everyone have one!! It was a blast!!!

Glad you had fun at the fair! I love seeing the pigs too!! Too cute!!

Again back to fashion...

Still looking for a tiara (sigh)...someday....I will let you guys know what I find...

What is that garder website again?? I'm really thinking of doing the whole "themed" garder. I just love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is haivng a great day!! Keep posting those photos ladies! (I will learn how someday, I'm slow...:rolleyes:)

Archived