Safe in Ukraine (KBP)?

Jenn24101

Looking at a flight with a 17 hour layover in Ukraine, is it safe?

There is no absolute, 100% safe. Even in your bathtub. Just ask John Glenn.

Is it relatively safe? I would say less so than Des Moines, much more than Damascus. The true measure is what YOUR evaluation of facts are and how that fits into YOUR risk tolerance. Read what our often overly cautious State Department says. Look to the reports from the UK Foreign Office and similar sources.

Personally, I'd feel fine transiting Kiev airport. My curiosity question: just what itinerary has a 17 hour connect there?

I figured it was likely not an issue being so far but I really wish it wasn't such a long time.

The itinerary is out of jfk with Norwegian and Ukraine air. The much shorter layover leaves at 530 am and we won't be off the ship yet.

If anyone is feeling brave the price is great! I think we may end up doing Turkish after looking up some questionable reviews of edreams which the rate was through.

I figured it was likely not an issue being so far but I really wish it wasn't such a long time.

The itinerary is out of jfk with Norwegian and Ukraine air. The much shorter layover leaves at 530 am and we won't be off the ship yet.

If anyone is feeling brave the price is great! I think we may end up doing Turkish after looking up some questionable reviews of edreams which the rate was through.

I just googled edreams reviews because I had never heard of them. It came up with a Tripadvisor thread...I don't think I've ever read worse reviews for a consolidator. Not only flight problems, but fraudulent credit card charges after customer cards were hacked. Probably shouldn't even be recommended for the brave.:eek:

Well I did end up booking Turkish but not direct, hopefully it works out as it saved a bit, the more I looked at edreams the more I can say I would not book and likely the price you see is falsely low as well.

Yes, they don't have live pricing.

Well I did end up booking Turkish but not direct, hopefully it works out as it saved a bit,

And you most likely have a bulk/consolidator ticket. Know what you have and what the restrictions are....in exchange for your "savings", you got a different type ticket than what you would have gotten direct from Turkish.

Hope it works out and you know what you bought.